Break Tip

RedTail

Registered
Im fixing to buy the Predator BK Rush break stick. I know little to nothing about tips. Was wandering if someone could suggest a tip upgrade for the stick? It comes stock with a BK Hybrid Tip. I would not be opposed to keeping that one if its suggested to do so. Any suggestions on a break tip would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Red

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Break tips

Try it as it is, if you don't like it perhaps a hard water buffalo break tip or a Samsara tip.

Mario

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try it as it is, if you don't like it perhaps a hard water buffalo break tip or a Samsara tip.

Mario

What's the hardness rating? Are the Super Pro Laminated Water Buffalo tips good breaking tips, or are those totally different tips?

pip9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I make a break tip which has been endorsed and used by several top pros.

It looks similar to a Piku, however the material composition is much different and the performance gives the Piku the 7 out.

I'm a computer engineer by day and the material used here is what my company uses to build server cases due to the thermo dynamic properties. The tips are also backed by carbon fiber.

I can't say how they compare to a white diamond or samsara as I've never tried them. I can say I feel they hit better than a Piku or taom. They aren't the hardest tip out there but the control is great.

-Phil
d8c312470b40952beef45b2f826b5936.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I recently have been using and installing BulletProof break tips. They look somewhat like Piku's (clear), but I haven't found them to burn or melt from cloth friction like the Piku's do. They are very popular as they hold chalk well.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The stock tip is just fine. If you absolutely need to change the tip, make sure you have someone that knows what they are doing!
Break tips for controll i.e "softer" break tips: Madman, Samsara, Navigator.
Medium hard break tips: Taom, Piku, White Diamond
Hard break tips: Phenolic, G10, Mezz Sonic.
There are too many brands, so I can`t mention them all, but that`s atleast a rough estimate of what category the most common tips fall within.
I would say that the tip that comes on BK3 is quite hard, the Rush tip is a tad softer.
What tip is "best" is totally subjective and all the tips I have mentioned seems to be well liked.

RedTail

Registered
Thanks everyone for your valuable input. I think im just gonna leave it as it is. Maybe will chance in the future

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I make a break tip which has been endorsed and used by several top pros.

It looks similar to a Piku, however the material composition is much different and the performance gives the Piku the 7 out.

I'm a computer engineer by day and the material used here is what my company uses to build server cases due to the thermo dynamic properties. The tips are also backed by carbon fiber.

I can't say how they compare to a white diamond or samsara as I've never tried them. I can say I feel they hit better than a Piku or taom. They aren't the hardest tip out there but the control is great.

-Phil
d8c312470b40952beef45b2f826b5936.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Damn, those look nice.
I love the CF backer to protect the ferrules.

Robert Yates

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is this carbon fiber backed break tip ? Where can I buy ? I’m a repairman.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums