DownLo Billiards. Chico,Ca

hustlinstrokin

Registered
Thank you in advance.
I started a new 8-ball league in house tonight. I ran into a problem with scheduling the matches. There are 8 teams and only 10 maybe 12 weeks to play without interfering with another league. Any suggestions? By the way it is $1500 pot for top three teams. YUP

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand your "problem"....you have 8 teams...set up a "round robin" schedule where every team has to play every OTHER team. At the end of THAT 7 weeks....take the TOP 4 teams (by W/L record)...week 1 of the PLAYOFFS....1st place team plays 4th place team....2nd place plays 3rd place...week 2 of the PLAYOFFS.....the 2 "WINNING TEAMS" from week 1 play each other for the "Championship". PS...REMEMBER you have a MONDAY HOLIDAY coming up. GOOD LUCK!

hustlinstrokin

Registered
The plan was to have 10 normal weeks of play then 2 weeks for playoffs. The problem was that there will be three weeks where a couple teams will have to play each other again. Is that fair if it is a random scheduling? It should be like a 16 wk season to evenly matchup? (Everybody plays twice)