Shipping Problem?

Walt69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi folks. Have any of you ever encountered a shipping problem when using USPS Priority? I remember shipping via first class for years before getting into the world of pool and never seemed to have a problem. Now all of a sudden with a fairly large trade on the line, a package has gone AWOL and from the tracking number appears to have just left the post office... only that scan was days ago and the package itself was supposed to arrive on this previous Saturday.

I called the customer service line and they sent up a query to the post offices that were to be handling it. The destination post office manager called me back saying they haven't received it and that there was very little they could do, so they suggested I call the office I delivered the package to in the first place. I called over there this morning and the guy seemed nice enough but said it was odd that another scan was never made. He said it looks like it ended up in a container used for shipping hundreds of other items and that it looked like the other items in the container arrived eventually. He said he's looking into it and should get back to me within the next day or two... He said there was a fairly good chance that the package would be found and either returned to me or carried on its way to its destination.

While he sounded reassuring, I can't help but think "oh crap... this is my first big trade and what if something happened to my end that was sent?" Everything was wrapped up in bubble-wrap like fort knox so I don't know what could have happened. Has anyone else had trouble like this?

pickngrin

I bought a cue for less than $2000 and the seller insured it for the full value. It vanished like yours did for a couple of days, then all of a sudden the tracking status was "Item cleared customs." This was a purely domestic shipment (Connecticut to California). Our best guess is that USPS sent it to customs to be x-rayed for ivory. They released it when they found that it had no inlays (although it did have ivory ferrules). If it had inlays they probably would have opened the package to inspect it.
Maybe something like this happened to your shipment.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read this right after checking tracking on USPS for a cue I have coming.

Made me ill. :frown:

The only trouble I have ever had were due to people not knowing how to pack a cue for shipment.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have shipped thousands of packages using USPS Priority and only one

package got lost. USPS is my friend.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There were quite a few of these threads last year concerning usps. I myself have major problems. Most seem to turn up at some point. Sorry I know that's prob not what u wanna hear.

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have done a lot of shopping online. Each of the carriers seem to have their own issues it seems. The one thing that has always bothered me about USPS was their tracking system. For me it has never been real accurate and it does not seem to get updated often enough. I think in order for a tracking system to work it needs to be scanned each and every time a package is moved. You may simply be experiencing delays in your shipment due to holidays and weather as well. I hope it all works out for you.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every cue in my signature was delivered using USPS overnite / next day / 24 Hrs Delivery.
All the cues I've sold were done using USPS, but not with overnite / 24 hrs delivery as buyers didn't request or offer to pay the difference.

The USPS has all the capability to X-Ray and use magnetic imaging for suspicious parcels.
It is not illegal to ship items containing ivory per the regulation domestically within the USA.
X-Ray will not reveal when something is ivory or the age of the ivory re: legal pre-ban ivory.

Best of luck with your cue turning up.

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't ship anything USPS unless I could afford to toss it in a dumpster and walk away. They are the worst and nobody that works for them cares one bit if they lose a package.
If you have insurance on it, you'll never collect, unless you have a receipt showing what you paid for the lost item.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't ship anything USPS unless I could afford to toss it in a dumpster and walk away. They are the worst and nobody that works for them cares one bit if they lose a package.
If you have insurance on it, you'll never collect, unless you have a receipt showing what you paid for the lost item.
I must agree. Its a system and employee problem.
It's cheaper to ship USPS but your taking a gamble.
Send your good stuff FedEx or UPS.

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
I've never had any trouble with USPS Express overnight. Priority is another story. It might take two days or two weeks. It's a crap shoot. And the tracking updates are terrible.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too

I live in Alaska and the last cue shipped to me went the scenic route and laid around in Arkansas because someone must of thought Ak. stood for Arkansas and the zip code is meaningless.

It was finally tracked down by the local guy at the post office and arrived in good condition after about 2 weeks.

I will be receiving another one this month and hope it goes ok.

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've shipped 1,000's of items (not pool related) by Priority Mail and never had one get lost...knock on wood. Never had a significant delay either....sure on very rare occasions it may have taken more than 3 or 4 days.
I ALWAYS pay for and print my USPS shipping/address labels online.

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had 2 similar USPS Priority shipments of cues go alittle wacky. One took 9 days and the other 11. Both times tracking was similar to yours. (Pretty much non existent with updates) Then one day they updated and were in my hands in a day or two. I have faith in them delivering. I know it's tough but give it alittle more time.

Good luck!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where can a thousand black and white loafers be found.???

POST OFFICE

once something is lost it's lost...and go file a claim. You'll die before collecting. And lately 2nd day priority has been over week.

cuedoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have done a lot of shopping online. Each of the carriers seem to have their own issues it seems. The one thing that has always bothered me about USPS was their tracking system. For me it has never been real accurate and it does not seem to get updated often enough. I think in order for a tracking system to work it needs to be scanned each and every time a package is moved. You may simply be experiencing delays in your shipment due to holidays and weather as well. I hope it all works out for you.

Well if you all think that ups tracking is so great read this article. They lie about all there scans and if the usps was caught doing this oh my god they would have hearings on capitol hill for weeks on this! I have personally been a victim of this crap when i waited all day for a shaft to arrive after it said "out for delivery" and 8pm came and no package. After calling them numerous times a honest supervisor called me and told me all the scans were computer generated and my package was acually 3000 miles away! Took a week to reroute it because it was sent ups ground and they refused to put it on a plane back to me because it wasn't sent 2nd day air.

http://postalnews.com/blog/2015/10/22/ups-to-pay-4-2-million-for-falsifying-delivery-records/

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am current 9 days in waiting on a cue sent prority USPS from just a coupe hundred miles away. We will see.

Walt69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The package was found and is now at the destination post office!!!!! Thank god!!!!!!! I don't know if me calling and raising some flags helped or not but there it is!

cuedoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trust me. Your call did not make a difference. There are millions of packages moving through the system and there is no way to find a package until it just turns up from were ever it's been. Nobody is sitting on your package waiting for someone to call the post office. Except if you sent it ups or fedex,they do hold package back that are due to be delivered before a time standard you paid for as an example say you shipped it ground and it said 5 days but it arrives at your local office in 3 days. They will hold it there until the 5th day to avoid giving you a expidited service you didn't pay for. I know!:smile:

Another strange fact is why do private company's like fedex and ups hand over 30-40% of there package to the postal service to deliver for them if its so bad?

Last edited: