Best way to sell a 9' Pro Am Diamond +

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Demand drives the cost of just about everything. If somebody comes up to me and says, "I want a good used ______ pool table. If you find one, let me be the first to know," then the buyer is at the mercy of the market. When I find the table of his dreams and I pay the seller $2500.00 for his _____ pool table, I'm not going to sell it to my mark for $2600.00. A marked up used table is the way entrepreneurs make a living. That scenario, however, does not establish authentic market value. It does establish inflated market value. Value is established through an agreement between an owner/seller and a buyer/final user.

Used tables, including Diamonds, are a dime a dozen in the real world. Wannabees and willing victims of savvy marketers are, by choice or addiction, members of another realm.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Demand drives the cost of just about everything. If somebody comes up to me and says, "I want a good used ______ pool table. If you find one, let me be the first to know," then the buyer is at the mercy of the market. When I find the table of his dreams and I pay the seller $2500.00 for his _____ pool table, I'm not going to sell it to my mark for $2600.00. A marked up used table is the way entrepreneurs make a living. That scenario, however, does not establish authentic market value. It does establish inflated market value. Value is established through an agreement between an owner/seller and a buyer/final user.

Used tables, including Diamonds, are a dime a dozen in the real world. Wannabees and willing victims of savvy marketers are, by choice or addiction, members of another realm.
Please let me know where the used Diamond ProAms and Smart Tables are a dime a dozen!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Please let me know where the used Diamond ProAms and Smart Tables are a dime a dozen!!! Actually, you must be talking about GCs, because I just turned down buying 6 GC3 9fts for $2,000.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to add my .02 on the delivery of a new Diamond table. I ordered my 9ft Diamond Pro in April of 2007, cause my birthday is that month. I was told it would be delivered in July. Long story short after many phone calls, it was finally delivered and set up Xmas eve of 2007.
Don't hold your breath when they say 12/16 weeks.
BUT! I would go through that wait again, it's a great playing table.
My sales price for the table with gold feet, leather cover and rack was $6100. Now they are much more.

The OP has a 9ft ProAm with the leather cover, balls, light and the ball cleaner. If he can't get 5K for the whole set up, somebody is stealing it.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Ok, let's stick to the topic here a little.
What was the original price of that Pro Am table 5-6 years ago?
The lights, chairs and ball cleaner ?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Ok, let's stick to the topic here a little.
What was the original price of that Pro Am table 5-6 years ago?
The lights, chairs and ball cleaner ?

The only people wanting to know that information are the ones NOT interested in buying it, unless they can steal it.

Just another note is this table does not need new felt. It has plenty of games left on it as seen by the pictures.

I did start a sale thread in the classified. I added some pictures for those interested. thanks, everyone for your help and comments.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To Glen,

Smittylube, the OP, has listed his whole setup for 5k. Diamond 9' Pro-Am blue label with Dymandwood rails, Aramith balls, Diamond light, Diamond table cover, Single Platter Diamond Ball Polisher, 2 Diamond Chairs. All that for 5K!

Now, if this package does not sell through, your pricing theory is way off;) What would all that be from the factory? 8K?

PS, I think that is a good price for all of the above. Good luck with sale, Smittylube.

Here is the link to Smittylube's for sale thread, maybe someone here will buy it:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=502030

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my area, heck, actually with several miles of my area, that package would brought close to 6k.....easy....and quick.

Location location location

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
The only people wanting to know that information are the ones NOT interested in buying it, unless they can steal it.

He already posted his selling price for the whole package and said he was not in a hurry.

Now, back to the questions?
How much is that package from the factory originally ?

You sure like to pass judgment instead of answering straight questions.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just another note is this table does not need new felt. It has plenty of games left on it as seen by the pictures.

I did start a sale thread in the classified. I added some pictures for those interested. thanks, everyone for your help and comments.

Your area must be flooded with Diamonds or, it is an area where other tables are preferred such as GC's.

Everything you got for sale is WELL worth 5k. 5k is a steal for all that.

Local to me, lol....you would have leople telling you:

Hey bud, if you'll hold it for me till my next weekend off work, I'll guve you an extra 500. Here is half now to hold it.

Ive been offered more than 5k just for my table and light.....and they were willing to pay Diamond to move so I wouldn't worry about damage to my floors.

Be patient and stay with 5k "if you can"....otherwise, you'll fall prey to a "cheapskate".

Good luck,

Jeff

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your area must be flooded with Diamonds or, it is an area where other tables are preferred such as GC's.

Everything you got for sale is WELL worth 5k. 5k is a steal for all that.

Local to me, lol....you would have leople telling you:

Hey bud, if you'll hold it for me till my next weekend off work, I'll guve you an extra 500. Here is half now to hold it.

Ive been offered more than 5k just for my table and light.....and they were willing to pay Diamond to move so I wouldn't worry about damage to my floors.

Be patient and stay with 5k "if you can"....otherwise, you'll fall prey to a "cheapskate".

Good luck,

Jeff

"All politics is local." To paraphrase, all used pool table popularity is local. Residents of an economically secure area who have a modest amount of discretionary cash are probably more likely to own BMWs than Fords. Same-same pool tables. If I have a a nice, well cared for GC3 in an area that can comfortably afford my table, it will sell. If I live in an economically depressed area, it won't. There are no laws of economics which dictate that a an owner/seller has any right to expect an "owner approved" return on an investment in a pool table. The seller and the buyer are the only two people in the world who determine the value of anything, be it a used car or a used pool table.

Nothing, unless of course I am a wannabee or an addict, can force me to buy a pool table. A pool table purchase is a choice. Choices have consequences. In the real world, people have to live with their choices.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"All politics is local." To paraphrase, all used pool table popularity is local. Residents of an economically secure area who have a modest amount of discretionary cash are probably more likely to own BMWs than Fords. Same-same pool tables. If I have a a nice, well cared for GC3 in an area that can comfortably afford my table, it will sell. If I live in an economically depressed area, it won't. There are no laws of economics which dictate that a an owner/seller has any right to expect an "owner approved" return on an investment in a pool table. The seller and the buyer are the only two people in the world who determine the value of anything, be it a used car or a used pool table.

Nothing, unless of course I am a wannabee or an addict, can force me to buy a pool table. A pool table purchase is a choice. Choices have consequences. In the real world, people have to live with their choices.

Ummm, well, yeah!

Choices are exactly what gets us in trouble or puts us in a good position.

You brought up a well cared for GC and economics. Well, Huntsville, Alabama, Nashville, Tennessee and many more thriving cities are places that are have GC tables for sale on a regular basis that end up being almost given away.

Me? Well, I don't agree with it. I grew up playing on GC tables and love em but, most people want the latest and greatest of anything and IMO, most pool players will spend money on a pool table even if they really can't afford it.

Pool tables and pool sticks are not a good example for the economic analogies.

I understand what your getting at though.

Yeah, not just pool tables and cars.....heck, EVERYTHING and not just used stuff's price is determined by the buyer.

People thinks Walmart determines the prices. Lolololol....not!

Sure, they may set a price and put it on the shelf but, what if nobody buys it? Yep, goes on sale.... I know, ^^^^^^^^^ not realistic but, it's possible and had happened in certain stores during certain times for various reasons.

Jeff

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Ummm, well, yeah!

Choices are exactly what gets us in trouble or puts us in a good position.

You brought up a well cared for GC and economics. Well, Huntsville, Alabama, Nashville, Tennessee and many more thriving cities are places that are have GC tables for sale on a regular basis that end up being almost given away.

Me? Well, I don't agree with it. I grew up playing on GC tables and love em but, most people want the latest and greatest of anything and IMO, most pool players will spend money on a pool table even if they really can't afford it.

Pool tables and pool sticks are not a good example for the economic analogies.

I understand what your getting at though.

Yeah, not just pool tables and cars.....heck, EVERYTHING and not just used stuff's price is determined by the buyer.

People thinks Walmart determines the prices. Lolololol....not!

Sure, they may set a price and put it on the shelf but, what if nobody buys it? Yep, goes on sale.... I know, ^^^^^^^^^ not realistic but, it's possible and had happened in certain stores during certain times for various reasons.

Jeff
Well, those old GC's are getting really old . And there are thousands of them out there. I remember my first one in the 90's. Had to pay over 2K. Then in the early 200's, I found another one for $950.

Last year or two years ago, someone was selling a nice Diamond here in LA.
It was some 5k for the package too ( no ball cleaner though ).

In Califonia, houses are smaller. Very few have room for a pool table inside the house.

Seller is near San Jose. One of the most expensive cities in the US.
And nobody has jumped on this deal yet.
I might have an interested buyer but he is near San Diego.
It would a long distance to pick up that table.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
To Glen,

Smittylube, the OP, has listed his whole setup for 5k. Diamond 9' Pro-Am blue label with Dymandwood rails, Aramith balls, Diamond light, Diamond table cover, Single Platter Diamond Ball Polisher, 2 Diamond Chairs. All that for 5K!

Now, if this package does not sell through, your pricing theory is way off;) What would all that be from the factory? 8K?

PS, I think that is a good price for all of the above. Good luck with sale, Smittylube.

Here is the link to Smittylube's for sale thread, maybe someone here will buy it:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=502030

I don't know what it would sell for new, I hardly ever sell new tables. Besides that, what it sells for new has no bearing on what is being asked for it now.

A brand new GC1 sold for about $800 new! How much are people selling them for today....worn out? And don't tell me it's a collector's table because its not.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Also:

Is someone a WANNABE just because they choose to buy a new diamond table with the works?

Maybe (I'm hoping) I misunderstood that part. If so, it's not the first time. If not, well, I guess were all wannabes.

BTW, I gave $6,100 for:

Diamond 9' pro-am (prc-black) with tournament blue 860hr
1hole ball rack
Rake hooks on both sides of table
Single tray diamond ball cleaner
2 diamond wood racks (black)
Table cover with gold letters
Matching diamond light
Extra set of light defusers
6 refill kits for ball cleaner
4 sets of cyclop balls (2 tv sets and 2 traditional sets).

I've been offered "all" my money back on more than one occasion for all of it by individual (wannabes I guess).

I've been offered ~5k many times for just the table and light.

Matter of fact, I was offered $500 over what I gave for the whole package by the last recover guys diamond sent out about 6 months ago.

They told me diamond couldn't make tables fast enough. They said the offer stands.

Anyways, if someone can afford it, it's a good deal.

If someone can't afford it, well, it's not a good deal even if it is...

Jeff

realkingcobra

Silver Member
He already posted his selling price for the whole package and said he was not in a hurry.

Now, back to the questions?
How much is that package from the factory originally ?

You sure like to pass judgment instead of answering straight questions.
I don't know, I don't work in the sales department at Diamond, and I didn't sell it in the first place!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, those old GC's are getting really old . And there are thousands of them out there. I remember my first one in the 90's. Had to pay over 2K. Then in the early 200's, I found another one for $950.

Last year or two years ago, someone was selling a nice Diamond here in LA.
It was some 5k for the package too ( no ball cleaner though ).

In Califonia, houses are smaller. Very few have room for a pool table inside the house.

Seller is near San Jose. One of the most expensive cities in the US.
And nobody has jumped on this deal yet.
I might have an interested buyer but he is near San Diego.
It would a long distance to pick up that table.

Yes, distance is a major factor when determining a tables value.

Jeff

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen a couple Diamond tables for under 3grand, one is currently for sale for $2600. I think that price is due to where I live, as I live on the border, in a poor state, in an economically depressed area. Also don't know anything about Diamond, so maybe they are table models not in high demand.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two Universal Truths;

1. The table doesn't make the player.

2. Money doesn't care what kind of table it's won on.

All glory is fleeting. It's just a matter of time. Diamond tables will go the same way GC's have gone. Even beautiful, well endowed blonds get old. And there's nothing quite as sad as a worn out old blond with droopy boobs.:grin: