Mosconi Cup 2019 Day 2 (26 Nov)

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Feijen breaks wet in rack 2 but doesn’t leave Kazakis a shot on the one. Kazakis misplays the safety recommended by Feijen, and it was not the safety that I feel was called for. Nonetheless, the balls are tied up. Thorpe goes wrong on a safety and plays Europe back into the rack. Safety play continues and it is the Europeans who win the race to the shot as a result of Skyler’s jump shot foul. The runout is still tricky, but Feijen and Kazakis are up to the challenge and they tie the match at 1-1.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it just me or is the stream flat-out horrible..... mine is constantly in and out.

Looks like they put the live link on their FB page. Possibly due to the DAZN complaints. But that one is just as choppy and now frozen on my iPhone.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Thorpe breaks wet in rack 3 and Skyler faces a tricky position on the one. His safety is misplayed, and the cue ball kisses the one ball, but the result isn’t too terrible, as Europe must play safe. Europe prevails in the safety battle thanks to a brilliant safety by Kazakis, after which Skyler misses a relatively easy kick at the one. Really bad kicking is really costing the US in this Mosconi Cup so far. With ball in hand, the Europeans should close out the rack for a 2-1 lead, but Feijen has an absolutely awful miss on a three ball and Thorpe’s cross side bank turns the tables in rack three. Team USA came back from the dead in rack 3 and now lead 2-1.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Kazakis breaks wet in Rack 4 but Feijen is snookered from the one ball, and pushes out. It’s given back and Niels attempts a three rail safe, but misses his angle, leaving Thorpe a long look at the one. Billy hits it extremely well and gets onto the shot side of the two. The rest is easy and Thotpe/Woodward run out to lead 3-1. Thorpe coming alive with a big bank shot in rack 3 and a great one ball in rack 4!

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kazakis breaks wet in Rack 4 but Feijen is snookered from the one ball, and pushes out. It’s given back and Niels attempts a three rail safe, but misses his angle, leaving Thorpe a long look at the one. Billy hits it extremely well and gets onto the shot side of the two. The rest is easy and Thotpe/Woodward run out to lead 3-1. Thorpe coming alive with a big bank shot in rack 3 and a great one ball in rack 4!

Your stream must be bogged down with water.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Skyler breaks wet in rack 5 but the US are in an awkward position, and wisely push out. This begins a safety battle in which the Europeans prevail off a fine jump shot by Feijen, but the layout is still messy and Feijen must play safe on the five ball. Skyler’s kick isn’t good enough, and Europe earns a good look at the five. The seven needs to be moved as the six is shot by Feijen and he runs into it but end up with no shot, His safety is barely passable from there, leaving the US an opening at a long seven ball, but Thorpe misses it, fluking a safety in the process. The return kick is solid and safety play will continue, but Skyler’s next safety is superb, and the US closes out the rack for a 4-1 lead.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SJM may be a little behind on the stream but he is the only one giving descriptive runouts for us that do not have the stream. Keep up the great work SJM :)
I don't care what you call the breaks, I can figure it out whether it's wet/dry....keep it going.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Feijen breaks wet in rack 6 and Kazakis makes a beautiful cut of the two into the corner up the long rail. Called on to bank the four, Kazakis narrowly misses, and Skyler fires in a long four ball with authority. It should be over, and it is. 5-1 is the final score.

Team Europe now leads the Mosconi Cup by five matches to four, as Team USA continues to be effective in the team matches.