What happened to John Barton?

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Yes and no.

Darts is a pub game, designed to play and gamble while you're in a bar and drinking. Yet the sport/game is regarded as less seedy then pool (best way I could phrase it).

Golf is a great example. The amount wagered every Saturday in America is more than all pool games for a year (well, I think). Either way, loads of gambling for REAL money, yet stays purty darn civil.

Toy Train Wars - next on TNT! Hear the wives screaming "my caboose is bigger than yours, beeyatch".

Eh, maybe not.

-von

The difference is pool has a culture of gambling. Introduce money into the mix and things happen. I don't think the Toy Train enthusiasts gamble over who's caboose is shinier. I could be wrong.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never see any post or comments from him

Here was a great guy,very experienced in all things pool.

A sponsor of pool tournaments and money mathes ,He made the greatest cases at the best prices ever.

He befriended every case maker on Az and complimeented every one of them on Az

Couple the fact that he loved the action side of things as well.
he played any body and everybody with a little gamble.

Sure his playing was no where near top speed,he played a ball or so above me,but he would bet high and ask for a rematch.

By all of this you would expect him to be well received and loved by everyone

But know nothing kibitzers insisted on knocking him,goading him on with remarks too stupid to deserve a reply. Losers felt like winners with stupid critical remarks until we ran him off.

And John wasn't the only guy we ran off,Tikkler used to show us beautiful collectible cues, Az probably has less than one tenth of the fine posters we used to have,
Is this just the nature of forums or just pool

John Barton if you read this ,please come back.

As I have said before , I belong to several car repair and maintenance sites and a rv site.
I have never, run into the disrespect, and idiocy on any of those, that is a regular occurence here, and on One pocket.org.
I think it has a lot to do with the whole pool player mentality.
People involved are either great or assholes, doesn't seem to be much in between.
Also it seems the A holes are the minority, but post 20 to 1, vs any one else.
Probably because these are the only places they are allowed to spew.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in case you guys want to buy a jacpot cue
by jackpotter of libra cue fame

he is making a few now,they play lights out and if you PM menow
you might still get one before it is too late
Dean
214 477 7323

$600 total cost,$100 deposit expect your new cue in 2 montths

If you really enjoy pool ,
you might like it more with a cue thatmakes pool fun again

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a cart before the horse arguement

I think john is a good guy and gave reasons for my thinking so. I Because he was a good guy,he treated me honestly,fairly, and even generously.

It has been now stated i only like him because he gave me something.

Very silly reasoning, i gave him a complete program to teach hos daughter how to read correctly.

I wasn't looking fora hand out.

There are some guys on here that do nothing but pick on people,fellas that seldom do anything but
exhibit a very sourspirit.

These guys will have a hay day with John,because he labors under the mistaken impression that they can be won over with reason . they can not,they live for hatred

They are like the guys that assassinate the president so they can get attention.

On here they assasinate a fellas character

John is a man of charater in my opinion based on personal observation

He does get talked into stupid arguments and sometimes he is goaded into
extrememe stances
Buthe was a great presence here for several reasons.

1 he was interesting and informative. He told good stories,posted educational videos about playing pool, and he sold a great product that he stood behind

2 He had a good sense of humor

3 He took the heat off me because these same ranters who are offended when a person doesn't post pictures sells wuthout them

4He gave AZ people respect and good deals as long as they were half way decent

5 John is also goodaction,and I used to like to win money, Its no seret I play pool to win money.

i didn't'play women children or working people,

On the other hand John created controversy

1 people would disagree with John
Forget the fact that John was usually right he always was honest about his business Hewas attacked and often responded by going too far

I alwys felt sorry for john in these cases, he would start out right,ansewr the responders but they were not sincere ,their only goal was to stay in action arguing

fially John would fall into error and the littleguys would smell blood in the water

Welcome back John, I want to buy all those cases we talked about

I love those cases yo made for me

I hope you avoid this place if the same mean spirited guys won't let you alone

You don't need to defend yourself on here,I believe there are a lot of
people that love you here

To Johns detractors, I am not one of you,but this doesn't make me an enemy

everyone on Az knows who I am and I have never been in a shady dea

Only on Az could people be criticized for losing his Tascarella, only on Az could a guy be
attacked for helping a widow and asking for help, only on Az could a fella that didn't post pictures be treated like he broke the rules.

Onlyon Az could people attack you and people buy more because they can see through the petty responses

One f the funniest things on here is even though I sell more than anyone, I keep getting advice fom guys who have no evidence they ever sold orbought

I relinguish the floor to you

Really?

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you all want to see a brutal forum, check out

Fairaxunderground.com

NSFW, wimmins, children or the easily shocked.

Broadly speaking, it is a place where northern VA (Fairfax county and surrounding areas) matters are 'discussed'.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
That actually funny story, or FAKE NEWS.

Visited China and they won’t let him leave :rotflmao:

I’m Jeff. Born 1,987 years after mark antony and Jesus played their epic 21 ahead set in the great colosseum. I did play a little football and baseball in elementary school but never really liked either and that sentiment has stuck to this day. I took karate lessons too but didn’t last long, I preferred scrapping in the neighborhood.

I was always fairly smart, bored at school, and so I was a little shit. I wish they were still allowed to smack me up in school, maybe I’d have shaped up. As it stands I stopped going after 8th grade and so missed the entire high school experience. This created a gulf between my peers and I since I spent all my time day drinking and hanging out with older criminals and dirt bags. For years I didn’t work or go to school, I just existed.

This would have been the time to discover pool and send me on a more productive path. It didn’t happen. Opiates became the thing and everyone in my area started dying and stealing from each other. I slept with hands in pockets around my own friends to protect my monies. Eventually I joined the army in an attempt to escape the awful poppies.

Detoxed while going through basic training, literal hell on earth for any who were wondering. Hell. On earth. In Lawton Oklahoma to be precise, in August. Jesus what a time that was. Eventually I fought in Afghanistan which was fun, made a bunch of money. Got home and started going a little crazy. I’ll skip the exciting and incriminating details but eventually I was hopping around the country just doing my thing, no job or home. This would’ve been another good time to discover pool.

Instead I met a girl, had a kid, girl left me with kid :) and no idea how to function as a responsible adult lol.. and eventually at a July 4th party I played some pool and decided that this would be my thing. Almost 5 years ago that was.

Now I’ve never been a big time gambler but I will throw down money on some pool, poker, or dominos (block) I play little tournaments as well. I think pool is the greatest game around and it has helped me tremendously.

Feel free to skip this post or respond with your own life story to mostly strangers.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
t only In America can a Pool player still get
a 100% American made cue from Jackpot

you might have had a Libra cue back in the 90s

people still admire those cues

Was it the hit? was it the balance or design?

I don't really know,butJack Potter is making pool cues
that put a smile on your face and that is a good thing

PM me now to make sure you get one
delivery time is about 6 weeks,maybe 8

when these are gone,you will be kicking yourself because

this could be your last time

Jack may retire again,you know how goofy cue makers are!

Artist, me I am in it for the money,you can trust me

Pm to get one
Dean
214 477 7323

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
No longer in the military. I had a hard time at first finding a legit job but now I’m a project manager in the electrical world and it’s great. Good money and decent freedom.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I remember John being here just a bit.

Nice looking cases, for the money they better be top notch.

I never got into it with John. There were already plenty of people doing that. That's just it. I don't really remember the subject of disagreements(other than CTE and his cases made in china) because I just stayed out of it. But if John was posting in a thread, that thread was full of drama. Not saying who was at fault or who started what, I just know there was plenty of drama.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How long has his business been in Oklahoma?

Wasn't he previously located in communist China?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He's been in MidwestCity(OkC suburb) for a few years now. Factory is in China. John is a different breed of cat but he sells a good product and stands behind it. I don't follow or give a shit about the tales of drama.I've been around him lots of times in Olathe and he always seemed like a good guy to me so i leave it at that.

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
John makes a good product no matter if it's assembled here or there. His political views are likely what gets him in trouble. He's a Bernie supporter..and that should be all you need to know :rolleyes:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whi is bernie i voted for barry goldwater in 1964

i knew then what was becoming of the country when lbj beat barry

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember John being here just a bit.

Nice looking cases, for the money they better be top notch.

I never got into it with John. There were already plenty of people doing that. That's just it. I don't really remember the subject of disagreements(other than CTE and his cases made in china) because I just stayed out of it. But if John was posting in a thread, that thread was full of drama. Not saying who was at fault or who started what, I just know there was plenty of drama.

No kidding.

I'm surprised John never got nominated for a Tony Award, lol.

Lou Figueroa

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

John was always flying between what I refer to as "RED CHINA" and the USA. He did the Super Billard Expo, and several other events per year. As I understand it he got his people trained, production under control in China, so he, wife, and children relocated back to USA.

I am sure he still is in and out of China couple of time a year. But he built his business to the point he is mostly in the USA.

John's Cues Case are IMHO out of the box, he is alway looking for the next idea, or improvement. IMHO he does not get the credit he deserves.

I get it some people are jelious of John, but if you can build a better mouse trap, roach trap, or device do it. People love "better" devices.

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
No longer in the military. I had a hard time at first finding a legit job but now I’m a project manager in the electrical world and it’s great. Good money and decent freedom.

You should always end your description with NO TRADES

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
For some reason I got the urge to reply to this one.
Maybe because I see some stuff in John that I recognize.
I figure that he's probably off the forums for the same reasons I am.

One of issues is that in pool rooms, and on AZ, there's a certain type here
that can be hard for some of us to fade.
I'm talking about the ones who can't seem to rein in their politics even outside of NPR,
guys who'd label someone like John (or me) as lefty bleeding heart liberals.

I imagine that it's tiresome for someone with Chinese friends, Chinese employees, and a Chinese wife,
to constantly fade little potshots about 'Red Communist China' and running a 'sweatshop'.

Those potshots get to happen for 2 reasons -

One, if you did a bar graph of AZ's regular posters, it'd probably look like this: https://i.imgur.com/cqVEkZk.png
There's nobody here to break that up with some outside perspective.

Two, moderation for the longest time was handled by someone who was either not around,
or didn't mind a little rudeness. Especially if the rudeness was directed at a guy who is
the polar opposite of the mod, politically.

I should, in fairness, mention that John's problems are not 100% someone else's fault.
He has that personality type that makes him unable to resist arguing on the internet for page after page,
though I've heard him swear off it. Maybe 2020 is a new beginning for him.

But in any case I can understand why he sticks to Facebook.

A few people have mentioned the toxic atmosphere here, and it's funny to me that a few others
are saying "what problem?" ... I imagine those people as fish swimming in a tank covered in green slime,
and somehow their gills have adapted to breathe it without getting sick.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
sweat shop

I am one that sometimes indicates john's operation includes a sweatshop. Why? Because john not being the sharpest knife in the drawer said so! According to john his employees hauled work home to work after hours. He also indicated they were paid by the piece. The only thing red china has to do with that is he can get away with it there.

Of course wages were less than a dollar an hour, often less than half that, when john built his business there. Him claiming shipping made his products cost as much as others made in the US was pure bunk and yes I called him on that. When someone tries to shovel BS my way and expects me to swallow it, well it doesn't happen!

I am rolling laughing now, john is whining about imitators when he bragged for years about disassembling everyone else's cases and copying anything good. So, are the imitators imitating john or imitating the people he imitated? Kinda like a product I saw on a supermarket shelf one day, imitation margarine. I had to scratch my head trying to puzzle out how something could be imitation imitation butter and not simply imitation butter.

As long as there are two chinas I will distinquish communist china as communist china. red china fits too. Free China gets a little less free all the time but then again so does the US.

Hu

For some reason I got the urge to reply to this one.
Maybe because I see some stuff in John that I recognize.
I figure that he's probably off the forums for the same reasons I am.

One of issues is that in pool rooms, and on AZ, there's a certain type here
that can be hard for some of us to fade.
I'm talking about the ones who can't seem to rein in their politics even outside of NPR,
guys who'd label someone like John (or me) as lefty bleeding heart liberals.

I imagine that it's tiresome for someone with Chinese friends, Chinese employees, and a Chinese wife,
to constantly fade little potshots about 'Red Communist China' and running a 'sweatshop'.

Those potshots get to happen for 2 reasons -

One, if you did a bar graph of AZ's regular posters, it'd probably look like this: https://i.imgur.com/cqVEkZk.png
There's nobody here to break that up with some outside perspective.

Two, moderation for the longest time was handled by someone who was either not around,
or didn't mind a little rudeness. Especially if the rudeness was directed at a guy who is
the polar opposite of the mod, politically.

I should, in fairness, mention that John's problems are not 100% someone else's fault.
He has that personality type that makes him unable to resist arguing on the internet for page after page,
though I've heard him swear off it. Maybe 2020 is a new beginning for him.

But in any case I can understand why he sticks to Facebook.

A few people have mentioned the toxic atmosphere here, and it's funny to me that a few others
are saying "what problem?" ... I imagine those people as fish swimming in a tank covered in green slime,
and somehow their gills have adapted to breathe it without getting sick.