Jayson Shaw victim of cheating

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regarding the threats, insults and challenges on this thread...I'm part of a large MMA community/website and have been since 98 and every once in a while a couple of forum members who boast about their credentials with respect to boxing, BJJ, Muay Thai etc.. will insult the other which leads to more insults and challenges from people that live 3000 miles apart. That makes it much easier to insult and challenge when you're that far apart...right?

Years ago, a a large group of forum members agreed to pull their money for plane tickets and whatever else it took to set up the fight with the caveat that the fight must be video tapped and later displayed on the MMA website for all to see.

I remember the 1st challenge fight. The original shit talker threw insults and made a challenge that was immediately accepted by the other poster. It took about 2.5 weeks to gather the money and about 3 months of logistics to make the fight happen.

Long story short, the original shit taker literally got the piss beat out of him. After 3 mins of crippling leg strikes followed by his face getting peppered with jabs and hooks, he got choked out and pissed himself for EVERYONE to see on video later. Those 2 posters would later become friends.

BTW, on the MMA website, if you're going to challenge someone.... your weight or your discipline is of no concern to either party. If you weigh 150lbs and you just happen to challenge a 6'2" 225lb former D-1 Collegiate wrestler who is a purple in BJJ....well, it's not going to be a good day for you.

Since we started the Challenge Fund...we haven't had many more challenges, and everyone seems to be a lot nicer for some reason.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regarding the threats, insults and challenges on this thread...I'm part of a large MMA community/website and have been since 98 and every once in a while a couple of forum members who boast about their credentials with respect to boxing, BJJ, Muay Thai etc.. will insult the other which leads to more insults and challenges from people that live 3000 miles apart. That makes it much easier to insult and challenge when you're that far apart...right?

Years ago, a a large group of forum members agreed to pull their money for plane tickets and whatever else it took to set up the fight with the caveat that the fight must be video tapped and later displayed on the MMA website for all to see.

I remember the 1st challenge fight. The original shit talker threw insults and made a challenge that was immediately accepted by the other poster. It took about 2.5 weeks to gather the money and about 3 months of logistics to make the fight happen.

Long story short, the original shit taker literally got the piss beat out of him. After 3 mins of crippling leg strikes followed by his face getting peppered with jabs and hooks, he got choked out and pissed himself for EVERYONE to see on video later. Those 2 posters would later become friends.

BTW, on the MMA website, if you're going to challenge someone.... your weight or your discipline is of no concern to either party. If you weigh 150lbs and you just happen to challenge a 6'2" 225lb former D-1 Collegiate wrestler who is a purple in BJJ....well, it's not going to be a good day for you.

Since we started the Challenge Fund...we haven't had many more challenges, and everyone seems to be a lot nicer for some reason.

You shut your piehole.

I will let the Azb fly me to play you.
;)

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I like the forum fight challenge, that’s cool people threw together the money like that. In the army, in Fister training anyway...if two dudes got to arguing too much our sergeants would have us make a circle and make them fight. They’d tell us not to let them out until enough anger had been gotten out :) it worked pretty well. We only had 3 get that far in 6 weeks.

I'm just posting to see if he comes back in a year and yells at me.
😂

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
long long time ago

I like the forum fight challenge, that’s cool people threw together the money like that. In the army, in Fister training anyway...if two dudes got to arguing too much our sergeants would have us make a circle and make them fight. They’d tell us not to let them out until enough anger had been gotten out :) it worked pretty well. We only had 3 get that far in 6 weeks.

😂

A couple roommates didn't get along in the army. One was a lifetime athlete, a real shot at the olympics as a gymnast. The other one was about the same size but pretty much a lifetime couch potato who had to go to some efforts to even be accepted into the army right after the end of the draft. The gymnast started bullying the other one so he went through proper channels. He was told they were about the same size, why didn't they work it out.

The couch potato had a little karate training, very little. He went to the local dojo I believe it is called and bought some gym time. He worked on just one thing, a knee high kick. After putting in over a hundred hours on this kick in a few weeks it snapped out so that his pants sounded like a flag popping in a breeze.

Mutual acquaintances weren't real fond of the bully so they made sure he knew of the plan. "You think he is serious?" "He is, you will never be a world class gymnast after he gets through with your knee." The gymnast was the one that went crying to a commander for relief!

Never did the military myself, I knew I would be rotten at taking orders. Friends and family came very close to dishonorable discharges before the draft ended just for not working and playing well with others.

Hu

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Haha, not my thing either Hu! I didn’t stay for long. I just wanted to see what it was like fighting and I didn’t have anything good going on at home so I figured I could deal for a while. There were some good times for sure, and a lot of nonsense.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you guys discuss an encounter or something that happened in a pool match, it would be nice to show the relative video, at least a timestamp of it which the event occurred, so we can either chime on it or have some reference of the story.

thanks.

EDIT: I just saw the 14.1 situation video, and I agree that Jayson is being unreasonable and a dick actually, Earl clearly meant to play the 10ball but called it the two by mistake, maybe due to it's color "Blue" or whatever other reason, but he did not have a shot at the two ball, he called the 10ball the two and even pointed at the 10ball and the pocket when he played it.

So it shouldn't be a change of turn, Earl should continue to play as he pocketed the ball he meant to pocket and if I were Jayson, I wouldn't of stopped Earl from shooting, it's just a courtesy, and as a pro it will be clear to me that he meant to play the ball which he wanted to pocket, the 10ball, even though he called it the two.

Last edited:

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ha, something very similar happened on an off road forum I am a member of. Keyboard warrior would not shut up, a few forum members get some donations, send a guy to New mexico...to this guys house...1000 miles or so. Dude answers the doorbell and promptly gets punched right in the mouth. Guy gets in the cab and goes straight back to the airport.

Another guy had his front porch shat on for being an a$$, and another guy had a picture of his front door posted on the forum with a note suggesting he "cool" it.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hooks, he got choked out and pissed himself for EVERYONE to see on video later.

At least he only pissed unlike Steven Seagal.
Master wrestler, Gene Lebell literally choked the shxt out of Seagal after he talked shxt on a movie set.
:thumbup:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Everyone who is on this forum from the Bahamas can't play at all, and I'll prove it if you buy me a roundtrip ticket there. ;) I also have a grudge against anyone from Hawaii, Greece (specifically Crete) and anywhere warm with good beaches really.

Freezing my behind off here:(

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Everyone who is on this forum from the Bahamas can't play at all, and I'll prove it if you buy me a roundtrip ticket there. ;) I also have a grudge against anyone from Hawaii, Greece (specifically Crete) and anywhere warm with good beaches really.

Tenerife. Just trust me.

PS: When you get there I'm going to throw a piece of chalk at you so we have stuff to talk about for the next 20 years.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 67 years has taught me life ain't fair and my parents taught me how to deal with things in life that ain't fair. You can make the best of it in a self controlled and mature way, or you can handle it like and adolescent and through a hissy fit and have a melt down.

Why is it pros like Shane, Niels, Efren, Ralph, Alex, etc. can go through life and long careers relatively unscathed and exhibiting self control, while Shaw is in some controversy every so often? Is it because of the way they handle controversy and life's obstacles?

From what I read on AZ Shaw was given advantage by the ref when he played KO in the 2017 U.S. Open, it was bad enough for Ko to issue a statement on social media about it. Did Ko throw a hissy fit when he was the victim of bad calls, no he did not, what would Shaw of done?

Shaw had and issue with another player when Shaw was alleged to have grabbed his body parts when he was celebrating his pal Melling's birthday. I think he also over slept and missed his match that morning, well have another one.

Shaw got into it with Earl when the ref ruled against him he threw balls off of the table and pointed the butt of his cue at Earl.

He got mad at Shane, accused him and Dennis of cheating, raked the balls on Shane and walked off.

Shaw is exhibiting a trend in his behavior and I believe if it continues his place as a top tier rotation player will not last. My 2 cents guys.

It always seemed obvious that he has a lot of soccer hooligan in him.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I wouldn’t say it’s all that cold where I am....but I stepped outside for a quick smoke...
...Michaela came by and declared me froze....:eek:

C27535BB-0FAB-475D-BA02-863B14D8C42B.jpeg

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rules are rules and Jason was 100% correct with the Earl situations. Rules are for everybody not for whom you choose to enforce them on. Now that would be bias. We look at it as spectators and they look at it as their livelyhood. And this wasn't the first for Earl doing this in that event.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Rules are rules and Jason was 100% correct with the Earl situations. Rules are for everybody not for whom you choose to enforce them on. Now that would be bias. We look at it as spectators and they look at it as their livelyhood. And this wasn't the first for Earl doing this in that event.

Shaw was out of line....a ref would’ve corrected Earl’s call....
..it was obvious what ball he was shooting.
It was also obvious to Shaw

This is not some kid’s game like Green Light, Red Light

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She was out of line....a ref would’ve corrected Earl’s call....

Excatly correct a blind man could see what he was shooting, anyone with a dash of a moral compass wouldn't have said a word knowing all along what he was shooting, the better man at worst might have shook his hand and told him of his mistake and said pay more attention the next guy might have called that ,,

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw was out of line....a ref would’ve corrected Earl’s call....

https://youtu.be/YELs9c_QlZ4

It’s obvious that Shaw knew it, he’s up and calling the foul while the balls (including the two) are still rolling.

It should have been an Unsportsmanlike Conduct foul on Shaw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plenty of us have met Earl and know his ways all to well.

Having said that, I get the feeling that not many here know Shaw very well. I for one can say that Shaw is a cut rate asshat.....JMO but, I'm in a big camp with that opinion.

I've wished only a couple times that a pro would actually stop playing pool and Shaw is one of the pros I would like to see quit and get a job at Walmart stocking shelves.

Jeff