WTB: good quality Triangle Tips

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm looking for Triangle Tips which are good. There are two types of them offered for sale nowadays and I show the difference.
triangle_1.jpg
triangle_2.jpg
triangle_3.jpg

The ones I'm after are on the left. They produce nice crisp sound when dropped on hard surface. I need them in two sizes, 14 mm and 13 mm, and would make a bulk order if they happen to be made of proper hide and pressed as should be (unlike that pieces of junk shown on the right).

Vahmurka

Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks for recommendation pooldawg8, but pressed Triangles are not exactly what I need for the time being

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Ive got some that is well aged also. They are about 8 or 9 years old. Have about 16 i would let go. $15.00
100_3877.jpg

jwe711

The Great Cue Masters...!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Hmmmmmmmm...

Can anyone tell me what the difference is?

Why are they different? are they made differently? Different press? Different place of mfg? Years that they were made good vs. the bad years?

Anything else that anyone can think of, that would offer an explanation of Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why; they are different?

Would love to know...please, thanks,
jwe

Vahmurka

Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can anyone tell me what the difference is?
Why are they different? are they made differently? Different press? Different place of mfg? Years that they were made good vs. the bad years?
I assume it's different place of manufacturing. Thus different manuf.process, worse quality check. Those pictured on the right in the opening post turned into crap while being turned down on the lathe after install, as they are very unstable inside. Unlike those greats on the left and the pics below. We name good ones "American Triangle" while bad ones go after "Chinese" (sorry but here Chinese goods meant low quality for a long time, though I know they are well capable of making good things). But we can't be really sure if both kinds are not made in China unless we see it ourselves or get right from the horse's mouth.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Natural grain structure in leather....... Some areas are more fibrous and not as close nit as others.... In the old days I think most makers were a little more selective in material selections.

Simply look at moori... had the original medium not been lost when they changed production and started having to accept larger batches of leathers there would have been no room in the market for anyone else to try and move into the layered tip market.....