I got hit in the face by Jayson Shaw's balls

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
I know this match has created much controversy and debate, but I just wanted to give my side of the story.

The swelling on my face has gone down but the pain still remains. The pain of Jayson Shaw's bad sportsmanship. Out of rage and anger, he grabbed the balls and threw them right in my immediate direction, as if he was targeting me.

My lawyers are ready to take this to trial but I wanted to give Jayson the opportunity to apologize to his fans for letting us all down. He did not even come up to me and see if I was okay after launching the balls in my face.

Does anyone have me on video getting hit by him? It would help a great deal and my attorney is requesting it. Thanks and have a great day.

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
I know this match has created much controversy and debate, but I just wanted to give my side of the story.

The swelling on my face has gone down but the pain still remains. The pain of Jayson Shaw's bad sportsmanship. Out of rage and anger, he grabbed the balls and threw them right in my immediate direction, as if he was targeting me.

My lawyers are ready to take this to trial but I wanted to give Jayson the opportunity to apologize to his fans for letting us all down. He did not even come up to me and see if I was okay after launching the balls in my face.

Does anyone have me on video getting hit by him? It would help a great deal and my attorney is requesting it. Thanks and have a great day.

Is this a joke or did this REALLY happen?

Kris_b1104

Silver Member
I am so sorry you were injured. That is horrible! :frown:

It's okay, not your fault. Jayson should apologize. His balls pounded my face, they were round, hard and salty. I hope no one ever has balls in their face again. I blame Charlie William, I bought the VIP seats for $399 for the entire week just so I could be as close as possible to the players, and this is what I get.

Maybe you guys need a safe word.

If a guy threw a pool ball at me, they'd be getting an ass whopping.

What's your pain and suffering worth? Maybe 1.5 million? Good luck getting that out of a pool player.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Is this a joke or did this REALLY happen?

This is Kris, man.....he 's learned everything he knows from Tramp Steamer.

..besides, he was much too close to the table...and he was laughing at them.

image.jpg

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am so sorry you were injured. That is horrible! :frown:

JAM, Kris_b is obviously trying to be funny/sarcastic. Jason grabbed two balls (cue ball and 7-ball) and fired them across the table. They hit another ball and the cue ball and 8-ball went off the table.

The game had already been conceded at this point. The "throwing" was not the moment of concession.

Edit -- edited the second sentence (two balls thrown, not one) after viewing a better video.

Last edited:

Kris_b1104

Silver Member
JAM, Kris_b is obviously trying to be funny/sarcastic. Jason grabbed one ball (the cue ball, I think) and fired it across the table. It hit another ball and went off the table.

The game had already been conceded at this point. The "throwing" was not the moment of concession.

But what are the stats of people getting hit by pool balls since the inception of the game?

Kris_b1104

Silver Member
Maybe you guys need a safe word.

If a guy threw a pool ball at me, they'd be getting an ass whopping.

What's your pain and suffering worth? Maybe 1.5 million? Good luck getting that out of a pool player.

Well he better call up Scooter cause I want it all in quarters.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure that Earl shook Jayson's hand to accept his concession. I believe he went back to the table to finish the match and make his last 10 balls in order to secure the win.

After he made one ball Jayson, in complete frustration, grabbed the balls and fired them off the table so he couldn't complete the task.

Nice roll bread, Kris. It delivers.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Of course he didn't come up to you. He didn't have the balls to do that. They were in your face, remember? Or did you get a hair in your eye and can't see reasoning?

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Good thing you lived.
I'd hate to be the first person that was "Tea-Bagged" to death.

you did wash after...?

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
But what are the stats of people getting hit by pool balls since the inception of the game?

For what its worth I took a ball and broke some teeth out of a guy who picked on my X!

Thought he was tough for pushing her down a few steps. I finished with the pool ball by the way! I did charge at him and ran him against a brick wall where he lost most of his consciousness!

That's was a long time ago! I don't look for the fight anymore, I just try and walk away!

And yes, I was aiming for his front teeth! And yes it was a bloody mess! The part I regret the most though was when I kicked him in the balls while he was out! That's was kinda shitty of me! But I did and still love her so I use that feeling to console myself when I think how horrible it was to kick him in the balls:(

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I'm not sure that Earl shook Jayson's hand to accept his concession. I believe he went back to the table to finish the match and make his last 10 balls in order to secure the win.

After he made one ball Jayson, in complete frustration, grabbed the balls and fired them off the table so he couldn't complete the task.

Oh wow, that actually makes sense. I wrote to another pocket billiard friend that I thought Earl was out of line for not shaking Jayson's hand but if Earl still felt like the match was still going on, then I don't believe a handshake was in order until the match was officially over.

Now you've got me wondering, if your opponent walks up to you during a match and attempts to shake your hand is that undeniably a forfeit or something else?

JoeyA

Kris_b1104

Silver Member
Of course he didn't come up to you. He didn't have the balls to do that. They were in your face, remember? Or did you get a hair in your eye and can't see reasoning?

I would've gone nuts if he came up to me. I don't dick around when it comes to people assaulting others.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

• Yes, they did shake, although it was extremely briefly. (It's shown in one of the videos.)

• Jayson's concession was of the last 9 balls, not 10. The 189-184 score was at the end of the previous rack. Add the break shot and the 10-ball, and Earl stood at 191 at the time of the concession. The concession happened immediately after John Leyman announced his decision; Jayson went directly to Earl to shake his hand and unscrewed his cue.

• Jayson grabbed two balls (the cue ball and 7-ball) and fired them across the table. The cue ball and 8-ball went off the table. The match was over before that.

Edit -- edited third bullet for accuracy after viewing a better video.

Last edited:

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
Oh wow, that actually makes sense. I wrote to another pocket billiard friend that I thought Earl was out of line for not shaking Jayson's hand but if Earl still felt like the match was still going on, then I don't believe a handshake was in order until the match was officially over.

Now you've got me wondering, if your opponent walks up to you during a match and attempts to shake your hand is that undeniably a forfeit or something else?

JoeyA

That would be one hell of a "move" of it wasn't! The only handshake I can see being legit would be a match going hill/hill and before the break the players shake and call good luck to each other!

I've been there many times, I always say "good luck brother, run em out for me"!