Aranas v Thorpe...

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes everything will go right, then the next match it doesn't.

Rather win the matches close.

Whats the story on Aranas?

Last edited:

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, who is Aranas?
Thorpe's performance against Wu was impressive.

Zoren Aranas, also goes by dodong diamond. New young player from the Philippines. People have told me that Jeffrey Ignacio can't beat him. That should give some indication of his speed.

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zoren Aranas, also goes by dodong diamond. New young player from the Philippines. People have told me that Jeffrey Ignacio can't beat him. That should give some indication of his speed.

Idk about can't beat him but I do know he went from getting 6-8-10 to playing even in 2 years so that's pretty strong

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got to watch him live when he hit Las Vegas over the summer.

He's a badass. Period. I didn't feel like this about seeing a player since Orcullo.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Idk about can't beat him but I do know he went from getting 6-8-10 to playing even in 2 years so that's pretty strong

Yeah I tend to agree. Again, it's what people have told me. I figure it's at least somewhat even, but the fact that some people may feel that way is a strong indication. I believe he's either early or mid twentys too, so by the time he's 30 he might be as a big a name in pool as Orcullo.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aranas was in D.C. area for a while with Roy, who lives in Virginia area. Roy lets the Filipino players stay at his home when they are in town. Roy loves pool and has a nice setup in his basement for challenge matches too.

Aranas is a really nice kid. I think he came in second place at the Maryland State 9-Ball Championship, if memory serves me right, with Earl coming out on top.

James Aranas also played in a 9-ball tournament in North Carolina and a one-hole tournament in Maryland. He's young, quick, and can get there He has no fear of any game, any amount, anywhere!

Of course, nobody should underestimate Billy Thorpe either. He's on fire this week!

Here's a cute shot of James Aranas and Keith taken at the one-pocket tournament. :)

Attachments

• 20881847_739301306256748_3805811680374516088_n.jpg
    20881847_739301306256748_3805811680374516088_n.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,080

SPDR9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been able to watch Aranas in the area shooting and he is calm at all times. Doesn't seem to get rattled by anything.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never watched Aranas play. Among the more famous Filipinos, whose playing style is he similar with?