Selling cues at expo

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told that there is someone at the expo who takes cues to sell on consignment. Does anyone know who this is? Is this usually a good deal? I want to take 2 cues to sell at the expo.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I was told that there is someone at the expo who takes cues to sell on consignment. Does anyone know who this is? Is this usually a good deal? I want to take 2 cues to sell at the expo.

What cues? Usually consignment will take 20% or more off your final price. Maybe you can list them for sale online and sell them yourself

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
What cues? Usually consignment will take 20% or more off your final price. Maybe you can list them for sale online and sell them yourself

^^^^^ This.

Nothing wrong with consignment, but you'll make a little more posting them for sale yourself.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
trade or sell?

Joe Salazar
817-296-4151

Cornerstone Custom Cues
734-693-3177

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
You can ask Don Sherman, aka Sureman cues. For best exposure, try the independent dealers outside of the vendor lockdown area. They're usually have longer hours.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I think most, if not all of the custom cue sellers, would take a cue to sell on consignment as long as the cue is right and the expectations are realistic.

And I do agree with ideologist on giving a shot at trying to sell it yourself first.

best,
brian kc

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cues are a predator 3k7. Bone ivory and mother of pearl. The second is a Scruggs I bought from him in 2001. Ivory joint and two ivory ferrules.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
The cues are a predator 3k7. Bone ivory and mother of pearl. The second is a Scruggs I bought from him in 2001. Ivory joint and two ivory ferrules.

there's always a market for a nice TS cue. I collect them myself and may be interested. You can always take a few pics and describe them in detail with specs and see if you can get them sold here on the FS forum or poss on FB if you use that.

I'm not good with Predator products, yours may or may not be worth trying to consign - it's all about pricing and demand.

best,
brian kc

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
NJ has some of the strictest laws on planet regarding the transfer of ivory, both interstate and intrastate.

OP is wise to avoid internet sales.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bottom Line Is................

As long as the sale physically takes place beyond or outside the geographical boundaries of
New Jersey, the seller is fine, presuming of course the sale doesn’t get consummated in a
different state that also has ivory restrictions, like NY State has. But the seller cannot sell nor
ship the cue while physically in NJ. If he drove to say Delaware, Maryland or Conn, none of
which currently have any ivory restrictions but legislation is being actively considered in these
states, he can negotiate and sell his cue. But even selling your cue over the phone, mail or the
Internet while physically being within the boundaries of NJ is a violation of the law. Doesn’t mean
you’ll get caught but it does mean you broke the law and bear the consequences if ever caught.

frankw

Semi Retired Bodybuilder
Silver Member
Bill Lister is a great consignment guy. Billiardbills.com
i think.
I can give you his number if you like, just PM me. By the way, would love to meet up with you and share some Ron V stories!

Frank

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
Bone ivory? Who are you trying to kid. There is bone, and there is ivory.
A slick salesman tried to tell me his cues have bone ivory inlays.

No such thing. If it was ivory, he would have called it ivory. Since he called it bone ivory, he knew it was bone and tried to class it up.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No such thing. If it was ivory, he would have called it ivory. Since he called it bone ivory, he knew it was bone and tried to class it up.

Isn't ivory bone? As opposed to ivory-like white stuff that is not bone.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

That is the description from Predator.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Read the description from predator. Don't blame me. I don't know anything about ivory or plastic or bones. I just used the term predator used.

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bone

Well if you try to sell these cues at the Expo..sounds like someone might have a 'bone' to pick with you.