Missing Gilbert Cue

bubbaandthem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The USPS says that this cue was "separated from it's packaging" in Pensacola Florida during shipping. The cue was insured. Andy and Vicki Gilbert would like to know who might have separated it from it's packaging. If anyone sees this cue please let Andy and Vicki know or contact me and I will let them know. Any info will be appreciated. 8 points up and down and very distinctive copper rings

gilbert1.jpg

gilbert2.jpg

gilbert3.jpg

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The only two instances with packages where I had goods "separated" from the box were in Florida.

CO Nineballer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Similar Mishap

I shipped a Southwest Priority USPS and put it in a PVC Tube and then inside a triangular box. Should have been to the guy in Idaho in two days, 6-7 days later, got a response it was in transit, then the box got there with no cue in it!!! I had the cue insured for $3,000 at the time, and probably spent 20-30 hours visiting USPS and filing claims to finally get paid the $3,000 minus $100 deductible.

The only reason I was able to get paid, was that I had pictures of how I packaged the cue....their "fine print" says it has to be double packaged for them to pay out on the insurance.

I hope you guys find the Gilbert....It looks like a beauty and I love the design.

Good luck!!!

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
You should also post this in the stolen cue sticky in
the Wanted/For Sale main page.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should also post this in the stolen cue sticky in
the Wanted/For Sale main page.

For this very reason of theft- sometimes insuring a mailed package makes me MORE nervous- it is a flag to the potential thief and he/she does not care about your loss or headache trying to collect on the insurance. Also, when shipping a cue to a cue maker or billiard entity for repair, I NEVER use the word cue or billiards anywhere in the address section- also a flag-

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would never send anything of value USPS.
FedEx and UPS are much more reliable package carriers. You will pay more but if you can’t deliver it yourself, it’s worth the extra cost.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
For this very reason of theft- sometimes insuring a mailed package makes me MORE nervous- it is a flag to the potential thief and he/she does not care about your loss or headache trying to collect on the insurance. Also, when shipping a cue to a cue maker or billiard entity for repair, I NEVER use the word cue or billiards anywhere in the address section- also a flag-

Bingo! I NEVER insure my Priority Mail for this same reason. I'm guessing it's an "inside" job by someone working for USPS.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bingo! I NEVER insure my Priority Mail for this same reason. I'm guessing it's an "inside" job by someone working for USPS.

So many crooks inside the USPS.. won a Nikon lens on eBay, guy sends it
via USPS, sends me a pic of how it's packaged. Package was delayed (natch)
I finally recieve it, the box was opened and re-taped (badly), no lens...
but hey, there was a coffee cup in there!... yay USPS.

4railer

Registered
Insurance

The post office no longer shows a package is insured on the outside of the box . They changed recently to try and prevent theft . I hope the Gilbert cue shows up good luck . Microchip tracking devices are what we need to catch these people stealing .

bubbaandthem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to be clear, this is not my cue. This is a cue Andy made for a customer. Andy asked me to post this in hopes of locating the cue

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
The post office no longer shows a package is insured on the outside of the box . They changed recently to try and prevent theft . I hope the Gilbert cue shows up good luck . Microchip tracking devices are what we need to catch these people stealing .

It don't matter. USPS employees know the rates and zones. Excessive postage equals insurance.

They are all bad. UPS requires guns to ship overnight or next day because their own people steal them when they ship ground.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
very simple how to fix all that if you are interested.

just buy a 5 dollar alarm that has the pin you pull to set it off.

then attach to the cue packaging inside at the bottom of the package. so it does move.

when they try to take out the cue the alarm goes off and they cannot disarm it.

someone in the post office or some place will hear it and they will be caught red handed.

same for ups packages but they have it away from people in their truck.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I lost a package of two cues a while back.
It was supposed to go overseas.
It went from California to Atlanta.
It then went missing in Atlanta.
They it showed up on Craigslist .

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about the buyer? How does he get it out without his wife learning he NEEDED another cue?

very simple how to fix all that if you are interested.

just buy a 5 dollar alarm that has the pin you pull to set it off.

then attach to the cue packaging inside at the bottom of the package. so it does move.

when they try to take out the cue the alarm goes off and they cannot disarm it.

someone in the post office or some place will hear it and they will be caught red handed.

same for ups packages but they have it away from people in their truck.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its crazy to ship valuable items USPS.

Anyone that ships USPS is just asking for it.

Fed ex and UPS is your bet bet. It can still happen with them but not as likely.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about the buyer? How does he get it out without his wife learning he NEEDED another cue?

HA that is so funny!! Of course EVERY cue that arrives at my home is a REPAIR job on one I already own! LOL! My wife wonders why cues "break" so often! No pun intended.

bubbaandthem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Andy Gilbert wanted me to add that this is a one off cue and who ever finds it will be compensated. Amounts were not specified but I can tell you that Andy and Vicky are very generous folks. Thanks for your help