Mosconi Cup 2019 Day 2 (26 Nov)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, First match of Day 2 (Match 6) is Fan's Choice Singles Match
And it is Shane v Filler. This is the Megamatch. May decide who wins whole thing
Immense pressure on Shane. If he wins, Team USA are back but if he loses they will be down by 2 points. Double or nothing
Starts about 3 hrs from now. Let's Go :grin:

match6.JPG

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
How can Filler play in 2 singles matches before everyone else has played? That’s horseshit. Had the US known that, I’m quite certain they’d have played Shane yesterday in singles too

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
How can Filler play in 2 singles matches before everyone else has played? That’s horseshit. Had the US known that, I’m quite certain they’d have played Shane yesterday in singles too
Well following that thinking....
Our coach is a dope. Of course Shane is gonna get picked!
I think Euro side was more questionable.
***Shane has 2 today though??
That'sa niiice. Sorry Johann haha

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I'm worried about Bergman.
Just off memory, he didn't have a great showing in his last Mosconi??
Hope he rebounds from yesterday.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member

You don't make sense...would you rather him play Shaw or Filler....or Kazakis....take the points

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
OK, Day 2 is off and running. SVB vs Filler. A year ago, the US slept on the overnight lead after session 1 and Shaw beat SVB in the fan’s choice match to tie it at three. SVB needs to win the fan’s choice match to tie things up this year.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Chamat enters the arena just before the start, perhaps for one last apology to Josh Filler for leaving him off 2018 Team Europe. The lag is won by SVB and it’s his break. He breaks and scratches, with the cue ball going directly into the side pocket. Filler makes him pay the full price, running out or a 1-0 lead. Josh to break in rack 2.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Filler breaks wet in rack 2 and has a good look at the one ball. The key shot is the two to the three, requiring a two rail diagonal draw, but Josh hits it well. The rest is easy and Filler gains a 2-0 lead. SVB to break in rack 3.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Maybe the fan's choice pick is exempt from the rule of how many times a player can play.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chamat enters the arena just before the start, perhaps for one last apology to Josh Filler for leaving him off 2018 Team Europe. The lag is won by SVB and it’s his break. He breaks and scratches, with the cue ball going directly into the side pocket. Filler makes him pay the full price, running out or a 1-0 lead. Josh to break in rack 2.

A scratch on the break in a race to 5 alternate break is probably an 80% match loss stat at this level of play. Happened yesterday and that was that. If you lose the game before the scratch, there is a good chance you are down 3-0 before you get to shot.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
SVB breaks wet in rack 3 but is hooked from the one ball. The jump is too tough and SVB wisely opts to push out. Filler gives it back and Shane must play a tough cut on the one, which he doesn’t execute well, leaving Filler a decent look at the one ball, but Josh opts for a safety, which he executes perfectly, and SVB faces a very tough kick. SVB makes a nice hit, but leaves Filler an easy look at the one, and Josh runs out for a 3-0 lead.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Chamat enters the arena just before the start, perhaps for one last apology to Josh Filler for leaving him off 2018 Team Europe. The lag is won by SVB and it’s his break. He breaks and scratches, with the cue ball going directly into the side pocket.

Actually the cueball was kicked into the side pocket by the 8.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Filler breaks dry in rack 4 and SVB has a hanger one the one. Looks like the three will be the key shot, and Shane misses his angle trying for the short side, but is fortunate to fall on the three anyway. He plays the rack beautifully from there, but misses a fairly routine nine ball and Filler knocks it in for 4-0.

Last edited: