What the heck is-liquid wick pool cue?

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
last night I watched the Saturday Night Live and wanted to continue to watch TV after the SNL.Next show was a infomercial with good dancers,singers,pool table,trick shots by Andy Segal and his comments on the cue that was promoted. It lasted nearly 30 minutes and it promoted a pool cue called `Liquid Wick and they have a web site also.I also saw our AZ poster Jimmy M in the commercial of the infomercial.I am not aware of any pool cue makers spending so much money to promote a product. This show was done at a club called Barcelona n Scotsdale,AZ. I am just amazed and I hope that the maker gets his money back.:cool:

Last edited:

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
vagabond said:
last night I watched the Saturday Night Live and wanted to continue to watch TV after the SNL.Next show was a infomercial with good dancers,singers,pool table,trick shots by Andy Segal and his comments on the cue that was promoted. It lasted nearly 30 minutes and it promoted a pool cue called `Liquid Wick and they have a web site also.I also saw our AZ poster Jimmy M in the commercial of the infomercial.I am not aware of any pool cue makers spending so much money to promote a product. This show was done at a club called Barcelona n Scotsdale,AZ. I am just amazed and I hope that the maker gets his money back.:cool:
IIRC, they also had a full page add for these cues in the most current Billiards Digest magazine (could have been InsidePool).

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich R. said:
IIRC, they also had a full page add for these cues in the most current Billiards Digest magazine (could have been InsidePool).

don`t you think that they are spending tons of money on a cue that is priced at 99.00$ ?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just viewed all of these short 1-minute video links advertising the Liquid Wick pool cue. I don't know what to say other than watch the videos and make your own decision.

The cue might play really good. I would like to hear some reviews from someone who has actually shot with one. One cue to meet all your needs makes this cue economical and inviting to mainstream pool players who do not want to pay a bunch of money for a custom-made cue.

The ladies dancing with the Liquid Wick cue stick on stage with musical artists is an interesting advertising mechanism, one which I am sure will be quite attractive to one sector of the pool-playing audience. :D

The Bookheem Woodbine and the 13 Purple Dragons made me laugh.

http://www.liquidwick.com/performers.php

JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
vagabond said:
Did you recognize our AZ poster Jimmy M in the commercial?

No, I did not. I am not sure what he looks like, as I haven't met him in person before.

Maybe JimmyM will come on this thread and give us a Liquid Wick pool cue review! That would be very cool! :)

When Bookheem Woodbine first became an actor, with short bit parts in movies, I really liked him from the get-go. He is today a movie star. Most may remember him from the movie with Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson, "A Few Good Men." He was one of the two soldiers in the jail for committing the offense. He's a GREAT actor.

Those two girls dancing with the cue sticks is what made me laugh, though. I showed the video to my brother, and he cracked up! They are very pretty, but dancing with pool cues on a musical stage is quite unusual. However, if it helps to sell the cues, then maybe it's a good thing.

JAM

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Figure their making from $150 to $200 on the package + a little more on shipping. 47 million pool players in US alone. They might make a small fortune...but not from me:rolleyes: Johnnyt

Last edited:

yally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a joke! "Phase Shifting Technology"? They core it and stick some fluid inside?

Seems like a cuetec with a bladder problem.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
yally said:
What a joke! "Phase Shifting Technology"? They core it and stick some fluid inside?

LMAO. Johnnyt

gman_tx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
vagabond said:
don`t you think that they are spending tons of money on a cue that is priced at 99.00$ ?

Did i read it wrong because it looks like it was $297.00 with some free stuff thrown in or you could pay $99.00 up front then make 2 more payments of $99.00 and olny get the one cue.

Its amazing thay they call it a 3 in 1 for all your needs but then they are offering up a bonus cue if you pay up front.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
actually an interesting concept

yally said:

It is a concept that has been used in shotguns and large rifles for decades to combat recoil and works on inertia. It would seem that it would decrease the 50% reduction in tip speed quoted in another thread when the cue ball is struck therefore adding to the time of contact between cue and tip.

All this is wonderful in theory and I have never bought any of the fluid recoil reducers either. I'm not much into gadgets. However it doesn't do to discount the value of putting anything different out there and having major marketing behind it. I have been stunned by the commercial success of more than one thing I thought silly.

Hu

orangecrush

Just a banger
Silver Member
Don't forget the other cue that comes with it is built for "regulation" play..

I guess my $2000 Tim Scruggs isn't good enough for regulation play :(.....

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I would rather eat my gun before I walked into a pool hall with one.

Phase Shifting Propaganda

Nick

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
they seem to be so over the top with the advertising it's like they know it's crap really and are just taking the piss

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
haven't seen the ad

worriedbeef said:
they seem to be so over the top with the advertising it's like they know it's crap really and are just taking the piss

I haven't seen the advertisement but I suspect it isn't knowledgeable pool players they are trying to market to. The great PT Barnum was sure that you could get rich marketing anything to suckers, you just had to reach enough of them. I have never seen any indication he was wrong.

Hu

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
Oh come on guys.......

I mean really, who wouldn't want a cue that has these features:

The True Stick 3 in 1 Cue

The only pool cue on the planet that provides self level balance on the pool shot set up and follow through on the pool shot finish

13 mm Tip Allows for Solid Cue Ball Contact
Pro Taper Provides for a Smooth Glide and Shot Accuracy
Fiberglass-Clad Shaft Stays Straight and Prevents Warping
Stainless Steel Connector Hardware is Solid and Meant to Last
Sleek Black and Tan Design Will Catch the Eye and Impress Wherever You Go
Irish Linen Black Grip Feels Good to the Touch
LiquidWick Technology Housed Deep Inside the Butt Provides Self Level Balance on the Pool Shot Set Up and Follow Through on the Pool Shot Finish and is the Key to Winning

Besides, if you win enough games maybe you can go home with her
asian_girl_large.jpg