Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Who was the best pool player you ever played in your pool career?
Page 15 of 24 « First 5131415 1617 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 5.00 average.
Who was the best pool player you ever played in your pool career?
Old
  (#211)
sfvpool
AzB Silver Member
sfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Who was the best pool player you ever played in your pool career? - 05-18-2013, 08:43 AM

Danny Petralba - many times
Tang Hoa - he let me win
Oscar Dominguez in a tournament - he didn't let me win

Old
  (#212)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

05-18-2013, 08:57 AM

Challenge game at USA billiards in Laurel when she and Grady were doing the tour (early-mid 90')s

Only person that night to caulk up a win against her. It was one game though which is meaningless in the long run.

It was nice to see her in that environment, you don't get a chance to see her personality on TV. She is a lovely person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock N Load View Post
How did you do playing Alison? Win, lose, or draw?
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#213)
Palmerfan
AzB Gold Member
Palmerfan has a reputation beyond reputePalmerfan has a reputation beyond reputePalmerfan has a reputation beyond reputePalmerfan has a reputation beyond reputePalmerfan has a reputation beyond reputePalmerfan has a reputation beyond reputePalmerfan has a reputation beyond reputePalmerfan has a reputation beyond reputePalmerfan has a reputation beyond reputePalmerfan has a reputation beyond reputePalmerfan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-18-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto cue View Post
Males, Tony Ellin, Justin Miller, Brandon Shuff, Ron Vitello, and Eldridge Tucker.
Female, MARY KENNISTON. I've been her rack boy a couple of times, and she's retired from competition!
Just curios how long ago did you play Ron Vitello..what game and what was the score if you remember, Ive taken lessons from Ron on his 90/90 system and wondered also if he was pivoting while playing. I knew he was a great teacher but didn't know he was a top player..I know he learned the game from Fusco and they were good friends.

Cues:
Palmer Models: I - 5 - B - J - K
Woodworth Custom
70's Viking Level 5
Lucasi Hybrid
Predator SP

Custom "Florida Fred" Quilted Maple Engraved Case

"Oh what do I know? I know that one of us had their own personal stylist and one of us shoplifts their sh$t from Fashion Bug..that's what I know"

Old
  (#214)
Lock N Load
AzB Silver Member
Lock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond repute

05-18-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_in_MD View Post
Challenge game at USA billiards in Laurel when she and Grady were doing the tour (early-mid 90')s

Only person that night to caulk up a win against her. It was one game though which is meaningless in the long run.

It was nice to see her in that environment, you don't get a chance to see her personality on TV. She is a lovely person.
I thank you for your response. Have a nice week end!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Old
  (#215)
dwalding
AzB Silver Member
dwalding has a reputation beyond reputedwalding has a reputation beyond reputedwalding has a reputation beyond reputedwalding has a reputation beyond reputedwalding has a reputation beyond reputedwalding has a reputation beyond reputedwalding has a reputation beyond reputedwalding has a reputation beyond reputedwalding has a reputation beyond reputedwalding has a reputation beyond reputedwalding has a reputation beyond repute

05-18-2013, 08:49 PM

I have played one game of 9ball with the following.... Willie Mosconi, Earl Strickland, Johnny Archer, Jimm Caras, but played several matches of one pocket with Grady Matthews, Cliff Joyner, Tony Chohan and Billy Palmer. Although I look back on the single games I played as enjoyable once in a lifetime experiences, I really treasure the one on one matches I had with the second group of players. The first group of players I played at a BCA trade show while they were exhibiting at a booth, and the second group I played in tournament. I spent half a day playing Grady Matthews and that is one of my most memorable experiences with any of the legends.

"I'd rather eat a spider than shoot that shot!" ... Bill Cress

Old
  (#216)
SK Custom Cues
AzB Silver Member
SK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100
  Send a message via Skype™ to SK Custom Cues 
05-18-2013, 11:55 PM

Corey Deuel, Buddy, Jim Whitman, Mike Betts, Danny Harriman, Shane Jones, Randy Wallace, Jeff Melton, John Gabriel, Larry Barnes, Steve Deason, Jim McDermott

"It's what a man knows about himself on the inside that makes him afraid."

- Clint Eastwood

Last edited by SK Custom Cues; 05-19-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Old
  (#217)
Duane Tuula
AzB Silver Member
Duane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Tuula has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2013, 12:17 AM

Dallas West in a ring game on a 9-footer, SVB and Matlock in bar table tourneys. I think I could of beat Shane at the time but didn't get the job done.Maybe next time

Old
  (#218)
Ron Moore
AzB Silver Member
Ron Moore has a reputation beyond reputeRon Moore has a reputation beyond reputeRon Moore has a reputation beyond reputeRon Moore has a reputation beyond reputeRon Moore has a reputation beyond reputeRon Moore has a reputation beyond reputeRon Moore has a reputation beyond reputeRon Moore has a reputation beyond reputeRon Moore has a reputation beyond reputeRon Moore has a reputation beyond reputeRon Moore has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2013, 03:21 AM

From my college days in Austin mid to late 80s at the open Eric's tournaments. Gilbert Martinez, Smokey Bartlett, Little David Henson but at the time I think James Davis Sr. (aka Bastrop) was probably the strongest local.

The most memorable though were a couple world champions Belinda Bearden (not sure which husband she was on at the time) and her successor Vivian Villareal (quite the looker!). Both class acts at least when I knew them. I would do well to win two or three games in races to seven but I was always thrilled to play someone who made it to ESPN.

Old
  (#219)
Lock N Load
AzB Silver Member
Lock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalding View Post
I have played one game of 9ball with the following.... Willie Mosconi, Earl Strickland, Johnny Archer, Jimm Caras, but played several matches of one pocket with Grady Matthews, Cliff Joyner, Tony Chohan and Billy Palmer. Although I look back on the single games I played as enjoyable once in a lifetime experiences, I really treasure the one on one matches I had with the second group of players. The first group of players I played at a BCA trade show while they were exhibiting at a booth, and the second group I played in tournament. I spent half a day playing Grady Matthews and that is one of my most memorable experiences with any of the legends.
You played some great players. I bet you will remember these times and events for a long time. I like that too. Thanks for your input.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Old
  (#220)
Palmetto cue
AzB Silver Member
Palmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2013, 02:21 PM

Tony Ellen, Jason Miller, and Brandon Shuff.

Old
  (#221)
Lock N Load
AzB Silver Member

05-19-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Brandon was in the worlds pool hall, Buffalo Billiards last month, with Bigtruck. Left there and had to go play Cliff Joyner. Nice guys, Brandon and Cliff.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Old
  (#222)
mal255
AzB Bronze Member
mal255 has a reputation beyond reputemal255 has a reputation beyond reputemal255 has a reputation beyond reputemal255 has a reputation beyond reputemal255 has a reputation beyond reputemal255 has a reputation beyond reputemal255 has a reputation beyond reputemal255 has a reputation beyond reputemal255 has a reputation beyond reputemal255 has a reputation beyond reputemal255 has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2013, 11:52 PM

The best player I have ever played against was Phil Burford in a one day event in Nottingham when he was 17. I managed to win a group game 7-6, but it's absolutely right to say he was not even bothered lol. I've also played Mick Hill, who battered me for 50 9-2. Frustratingly, I missed 3 8-balls (albeit tricky) in the match. (The match against Mick was world rules uk 8 ball)

Please take the time to visit and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for Virtual Pool 4

Virtual Pool 4 Blog on YouTube

The Link to my Pool website is below:
http://www.runout.tv

Old
  (#223)
Lock N Load
AzB Silver Member

05-20-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal255 View Post
The best player I have ever played against was Phil Burford in a one day event in Nottingham when he was 17. I managed to win a group game 7-6, but it's absolutely right to say he was not even bothered lol. I've also played Mick Hill, who battered me for 50 9-2. Frustratingly, I missed 3 8-balls (albeit tricky) in the match. (The match against Mick was world rules uk 8 ball)
Phil Buford does play pool good. He came to the worlds pool hall, Buffalo Billiards, in Metairie/New Orleans, Louisiana last year. His game was right on top!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Old
  (#224)
Lock N Load
AzB Silver Member

05-20-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
How did you make out playing Brandon Shuff?
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Old
  (#225)
Cory in DC
AzB Silver Member
Cory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2013, 10:00 AM

Probably Rob Saez. He came into a DC pool hall looking for Ilir (local short stop), who didn't show up. At the time, I didn't know who he was, but I figured I was outmatched since he was specifically looking for Ilir. So I took a stab at $40 1-pocket.

He slow played it, locking me up more than he had to and running out less than he could have. Overall, a nice guy and fun to shoot against. Best of all, he safed me so much that I got to shoot and make a Grady special: long rail bank, sending the CB over a mess of balls for shape.

It was something like this, where I banked the 2 into my hole (top left) and went over the cluster and get shape on the other side (general idea only, I'm sure there are smarter shots from this particular rough sketch):

[IMG][/IMG]

... I still lost the game.

Cory

CUES:Schon, Webb
HOURS OF POOL: 10 in a good week

Page 15 of 24 « First 5131415 1617 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: