Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Best hitting cue you ever played with.
Page 11 of 21 « First 91011 1213 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#151)
Ruf
Banned
Ruf Ruf Ruf Ruf Ruf Ruf Ruf Ruf Ruf Ruf Ruf

vCash: 500

05-14-2013, 09:53 PM

Huebler is my best playing cue.

Old
  (#152)
swest
goldmember
swest has a reputation beyond reputeswest has a reputation beyond reputeswest has a reputation beyond reputeswest has a reputation beyond reputeswest has a reputation beyond reputeswest has a reputation beyond reputeswest has a reputation beyond reputeswest has a reputation beyond reputeswest has a reputation beyond reputeswest has a reputation beyond reputeswest has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-14-2013, 10:28 PM

As I'm sure I mentioned in all those other threads about the best hitting cues, the best hitting cue that ever was, or will be, is my 2008 Whisler.

There, now you can close this thread.

Sam West
Email: swest@sgi.com
Cue(s): Kent Davis, Whisler, CC, Zinzola
Case: Oil-tanned GTF, greenegglady (ebay)
Table: Connelly Ultimate, "Chiricahua"
Spock: Don't grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh...
Kirk: ...the needs of the few...
Spock: ...Or the one. I never took the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

RIP, Leonard...

Old
  (#153)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
05-14-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
My thomas wayne i had back in 2005 great player and not too fancy it was quiet and stiff
I know it's a Sophie's choice for you to chose between two cue makers you represent but you only get one choice in this poll as your one keeper if you could only have one.

So you will need to choose one maker over the other. Maybe flip a coin? :-)

I think Thomas needs a vote since I invalidated Chamberlain's suspect one. You have praised both Thomas Wayne and Richard Black cues for years here but Chamberlain has never mentioned Thomas Wayne before. So given that Chamberlain has never once shown any love for Thomas Wayne cues I decided to not accept his "vote". I am not sure he has ever even hit a ball with a TW but if he has he certainly hasn't told anyone before now.

So if you would like to change your vote from Black to Wayne please tell me and I will do it.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#154)
RoadHustler
AzB Silver Member
RoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond reputeRoadHustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-14-2013, 11:12 PM

This Jim Baxter cue has been my playing cue since June of last year and it is my right arm and gets my vote. I also own several meucci cues several helmstetters, a hubler or two, a couple pechauers, two predators oh and two old adams. Oh and two more baxters

Garrett Williams
blog.roadhustler.com
twitter.com/Rdhustler

You have a right to play, not a right to win.

Old
  (#155)
JAlan
Emperor of the North
JAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

05-17-2013, 09:20 PM

Nice post JB. Before I cast my vote I will say this....I think players today are a LOT more fortunate than players 15 or even 10 years ago when it comes to cue selection. I played a LOT of pool back in my college days in the late 80s and early 90s, was a cue nut back then and even built 30 or 40 cues or so around the late 90s early 2000s. Being a cue nut, I tried just about every cue around back then and Southwest seemed to be my cue of choice.

Around eleven or twelve years ago I got away from the game pretty much altogether, and only started playing again last year. I got to say, I am blown away by how many cue makers are turning out damn nice cues nowadays. It's crazy! I've had probably 20 or 30 different cues now since I came back and sooooo many of them played good. We as players should consider ourselves very fortunate to have so many good makers around, not to mention so many good production cue makers.

My hats off to all you cue makers, builders, assemblers, factories, etc. I know many in the business do it out of love, not for the money, so thanks y'all!

This Buds for you my friends!

But I do have to vote, and I will say my vote is for Sugartree cues by Eric Crisp. I recently received one of his on trade and after playing with it for a few hours I honestly gotta say its the best playing cue I have ever held, and believe me I've held and played with a lot. Like many cues the hit is great, balance is awesome, etc etc...but this Sugartree just has something else. I wish I could describe it, if I come up with the words ill come back and edit this post.

Play well my friends.

Jeff

Every once in a while the lion has to show the jackals who he is.

Best hitting cue
Old
  (#156)
pwmike
AzB Silver Member
pwmike has a reputation beyond reputepwmike has a reputation beyond reputepwmike has a reputation beyond reputepwmike has a reputation beyond reputepwmike has a reputation beyond reputepwmike has a reputation beyond reputepwmike has a reputation beyond reputepwmike has a reputation beyond reputepwmike has a reputation beyond reputepwmike has a reputation beyond reputepwmike has a reputation beyond repute

Talking Best hitting cue - 05-17-2013, 09:31 PM

I have a 1972 Tad from 1st brochure.It the 2nd cue from left.I has all Tiger forearm and points.SS joint and ivory ferrules.It plays amazing.So this is the best hitting cue.

Old
  (#157)
SamShaddey
AzB Silver Member
SamShaddey has a reputation beyond reputeSamShaddey has a reputation beyond reputeSamShaddey has a reputation beyond reputeSamShaddey has a reputation beyond reputeSamShaddey has a reputation beyond reputeSamShaddey has a reputation beyond reputeSamShaddey has a reputation beyond reputeSamShaddey has a reputation beyond reputeSamShaddey has a reputation beyond reputeSamShaddey has a reputation beyond reputeSamShaddey has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2013, 09:48 PM

Ray Schuler with a pro taper shaft is the best hitting cue I ever shot with!

No matter how hard you try, you just can't fix stupid!

Playing cue Tim Prince
Breaking cue Cannon
In the bag
Merlin Custom Cue
Ray Schuller
J. Pechaure

Old
  (#158)
hemipeg
AzB Bronze Member
hemipeg is on a distinguished road

05-18-2013, 04:18 AM

schon stl-18

Old
  (#159)
SK Custom Cues
AzB Silver Member
SK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100
  Send a message via Skype™ to SK Custom Cues 
Thumbs up 05-19-2013, 12:14 AM

Original George Balabushka. Absolutely, without a doubt, hands down, that is . .

"It's what a man knows about himself on the inside that makes him afraid."

- Clint Eastwood

Old
  (#160)
DoubleA
AzB Silver Member
DoubleA has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleA has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleA has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleA has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleA has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleA has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleA has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleA has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleA has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleA has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleA has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2013, 09:21 AM

My 80's SW

Playing is skill, but sweatin' is an art.
Al

Old
  (#161)
cbaumann212
Jackass Extraordinaire
cbaumann212 has a reputation beyond reputecbaumann212 has a reputation beyond reputecbaumann212 has a reputation beyond reputecbaumann212 has a reputation beyond reputecbaumann212 has a reputation beyond reputecbaumann212 has a reputation beyond reputecbaumann212 has a reputation beyond reputecbaumann212 has a reputation beyond reputecbaumann212 has a reputation beyond reputecbaumann212 has a reputation beyond reputecbaumann212 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

05-19-2013, 04:17 PM

Big Chris' Rick Howard is the best hitting cue for me.

>>>>>>>>>>
Old
  (#162)
cwalker
http://www.lowbird.com/da
cwalker has a reputation beyond reputecwalker has a reputation beyond reputecwalker has a reputation beyond reputecwalker has a reputation beyond reputecwalker has a reputation beyond reputecwalker has a reputation beyond reputecwalker has a reputation beyond reputecwalker has a reputation beyond reputecwalker has a reputation beyond reputecwalker has a reputation beyond reputecwalker has a reputation beyond repute

>>>>>>>>>> - 05-19-2013, 07:59 PM

JIM PIERCE for me hands down played with alot of cues but for me this is as good as it gets. Can't wait to get my new one I have coming.

Old
  (#163)
twal
"W"
twal has a reputation beyond reputetwal has a reputation beyond reputetwal has a reputation beyond reputetwal has a reputation beyond reputetwal has a reputation beyond reputetwal has a reputation beyond reputetwal has a reputation beyond reputetwal has a reputation beyond reputetwal has a reputation beyond reputetwal has a reputation beyond reputetwal has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2013, 08:27 PM

Schon......

Old
  (#164)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-19-2013, 09:55 PM

The best hitting cue I ever played with was a Hightower Cue I built for an elderly gentleman named Floyd back in Missouri. I wished many times that cue had not already been promised to him when I completed it and hit balls with it. That cue played better than the one I built for myself and play with.

Old
  (#165)
Taken
AzB Bronze Member
Taken has a reputation beyond reputeTaken has a reputation beyond reputeTaken has a reputation beyond reputeTaken has a reputation beyond reputeTaken has a reputation beyond reputeTaken has a reputation beyond reputeTaken has a reputation beyond reputeTaken has a reputation beyond reputeTaken has a reputation beyond reputeTaken has a reputation beyond reputeTaken has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2013, 10:14 PM

Hmmm I am actually quite surprised lambros isn't in the picture yet!

Enjoy the game first!

Page 11 of 21 « First 91011 1213 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: