Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page New TV Show for Pool?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
YubaCushion
AzB Silver Member
YubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-01-2013, 11:18 AM

Good idea, well done. Couple spots had some echo, could of been utube or whatever.
I will check them out. Thank you for doing something good for pool.

Old
  (#17)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-01-2013, 11:29 AM

Linda, I watched as far as your turn to teach. I have it up on the screen and will finish tonight when I get my chores done for the day.

Any hints for what might be planned for future episodes.

Advanced lessons, guest visits from players, that sort of thing?

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Old
  (#18)
pwd72s
recreational banger
pwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond repute

09-01-2013, 11:30 AM

I loved the way pool was presented in a positive light. Will it sell on today's TV? I dunno...but doubtful. You see, not enough phony "drama" added. This is not a bad reflection on the pilot. Rather, a sad commentary on what passes for "entertainment" today.

Old
  (#19)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

09-01-2013, 11:37 AM

I agree, I can't watch half the crap that passes for entertainment these days.

Maybe in the future, Nathan might be like the Australian Oyster and teach in the buff.

God I hope not. I would hope that people take it for what it is meant to be. An informative show on the game, how to play and how to become involved in league pool.

When you think about it, not everyone knows how to play or the proper contacts in their area to become involved in league play.

I am on our local League committee. At the beginning of every league season, I start to get geared up and part of what I do is to get new teams and in general, people interested in starting out. I help single players that have no contacts get onto teams etc. And because everyone pretty much knows me and has my number, I get roped into sparing on the nights that I am not playing. Wish I could learn to say No once in a while.

I wish the people involved great success as this is one of the things that is needed in pool. Just to generate some new interest in the sport and get the information out there.

I am looking forward to new episodes as there will probably be things for me to learn that would help our league out as well.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Last edited by Blue Hog ridr; 09-01-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Old
  (#20)
Quesports
AzB Silver Member
Quesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond repute

09-01-2013, 11:48 AM

Very nicely done Linda! Thanks for your efforts and the other folks as well. The quality was very high for a first time run and I expect will get even better in the future. Looks like you may be onto something. The pool room looks nice and clean plus all the folks involved are very well dressed. Good for you and for pool!!!

Old
  (#21)
rackmsuckr
Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
rackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

09-01-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hog ridr View Post
Linda, I watched as far as your turn to teach. I have it up on the screen and will finish tonight when I get my chores done for the day.

Any hints for what might be planned for future episodes.

Advanced lessons, guest visits from players, that sort of thing?
Well, Larry's vision was to cover all the leagues first then get into specific games. While in Vegas, I taped about 15 pros and good players with comments and tips for beginning players, so there will be guest spots. Johnny Archer has endorsed the project and I'm sure we will get more. I have messaged quite a few pros on Facebook to try and get the word out to their fan bases.

I put the Mental in Ornamental

Old
  (#22)
rackmsuckr
Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
rackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

09-01-2013, 01:30 PM

Thank you to all for your encouragement and thoughts. Please re-post on your Facebook walls if you can.

I put the Mental in Ornamental

Old
  (#23)
oldzilla
Accu-Stats Messenger

oldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1050

09-02-2013, 09:29 AM

The least we can all do right now is

post the you tube link to our Facebook pages !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=GEs0TA3AfWw

GO, quick. Do it !!!

The International 9-Ball Open
http://www.accu-stats.com/

Accu-Stats produced DVD's are now $9.95
VOD https://vimeo.com/accustats/albums

-----------------
http://www.accu-stats.com/liveppv.html

Old
  (#24)
Dopc
www.PoolActionTV.com
Dopc has a reputation beyond reputeDopc has a reputation beyond reputeDopc has a reputation beyond reputeDopc has a reputation beyond reputeDopc has a reputation beyond reputeDopc has a reputation beyond reputeDopc has a reputation beyond reputeDopc has a reputation beyond reputeDopc has a reputation beyond reputeDopc has a reputation beyond reputeDopc has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2013, 01:24 PM

Job well done.

Very informative for the beginner. Kept excellent pace through the episode. A couple minor audio glitches, certainly not anything that can't be overlooked with the excellent content you've provided. Best of all, you project a positive view of the sport & league atmosphere.

I think you have something here for sure. TV would be nice, but I think there are better outlets for niche categories such as pool, the Internet being front and center.

Just one concern I do have is as follows. In this one pilot episode there was a lot of topics covered. Can you support an entire series with this same pace and not run out of content or topics ( I think you can, its just a hypothetical question to ask yourselves ).

If you could produce an entire series and keep the same pace as with this pilot (which I do believe can be done), I believe you have a successful project here. I know I'd be in for a few on the kickstarter should you choose that path.

Dopc.

Cues: Huebler & several other production cues.
Table: 8' Connelly Kayenta in walnut.
Cloth: Simonis 860hr Tournament Blue.
Balls: Aramith Tournament Pro-Cup with a DIY bucket ball polisher.
Seating: Two American Heritage King Spectator chairs.

Old
  (#25)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
I think it's tasteful and well done. It projects a much better image of pool, one that is quite different than the stereotypical men-only smoke-filled rooms frequented by scallywags and scoundrels.

Industry members whining and complaining about how pro pool players don't do squat for their business should try to help out this effort, but they're too busy greasing the palm of other industry members, instead of giving back to the sport. They have already sh*t-canned professional pool. Shame on them.

Men ruined pool from the get-go. Maybe it's time for women to take over.
They tried the sex sells rout with pool like they have in the LPGA There were many more woman's matches on ESPN than there were men but at the end if the day you can't change the fact that its pool.
The stigma of the smoky pool room is long gone there have been many nice sports bar pool rooms that have come and gone its not the stigma it's the game

Old
  (#26)
oldzilla
Accu-Stats Messenger

oldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1050

09-04-2013, 04:12 PM

well deserved bump here !!!

The International 9-Ball Open

Accu-Stats produced DVD's are now $9.95
VOD https://vimeo.com/accustats/albums

-----------------
http://www.accu-stats.com/liveppv.html

Page 2 of 2 12

Tags