Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Wanted/For Sale > For Sale Items
Reload this Page Alex brick dymondwood jump/break cues~ asstd. Colors
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
Brickcues
AzB Gold Member
Brickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-07-2013, 10:34 PM

I don't know how long he has been making them but I have been making these for over 8 years. I was also making dymondwood playing cues back in the 90's when it was know as pakawood. When I moved to Nashville in 2001 I went to work for my Father-in-law and only made a few cues on the side. I then took over for Joe Blackburn at JOB Billiard Club and started repairing cues and making a few cues in my spare time. It was at this time I started making jump/breaks and jump cues out of dymondwood.

On the early cues I used a Unilock quick release alum jump pin with the Uniloc quick release insert. I quit that when I found that the insert pulled out because of the fine thread and would not hold in dymondwood very well. I also used aluminum radial pin for the joint.

When I found the 3/8 x 10 308 pin a few years ago I changed to these as now you could screw the shaft onto the butt to get an extention.

I only sold in the Nashville area until a few years ago when people from out of town would come to tournaments and buy one and take it back to their area. I have even had people come back and buy several and then take back to their area to sell. I never even thought about going on line to sell until recently as word of mouth has done quite well I also got most of the problems worked out of the cues.

Several years ago a couple of Artistic pool playes came to JOB's and I showed them my jump cue and how it worked. They were amazed at how easy it jumped and they could put a cue in both hands and jump one handed with ease. I sold a couple of cues that night. I remember them asking if I had a patent on the dymondwood jump cue. I told them I was not doing anything special other than making a jump cue with dymondwood and could not see a reason or a way to patent this product. I also made one of the gentlemen a masse cue out of dymondwood to his specifications. I also remember them stating that they were going to have a line of cues made by another cue maker with their name on the cues out of dymondwood.

Now I am not the first person to ever use dymondwood in a cue as I got my first piece of Pakawood from a cue maker in Memphis that had already make one from it. Am I the first person to make jump cues from Dymondwood? Honestly I do not know but I believe that I am. Am I the first person to make jump/breaks out of dymondwood? I do not know that either but I believe this is true also. I never saw one or heard of one before I did it. There might be someone out there that was doing it before me but I never saw or knew about them.

Now for the real question, do I care? The answer to that is not really. I am a cue maker and I like other cue makers see it as flattery when someone uses your design or your ideas. I have gotten ideas on inlays for cues from all the great cue makers. Sure I refine it alittle and make a few changes here and there but it was still started as someone else's idea.

Old
  (#17)
KCRack'em
I'm not argumentative!!!!
KCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-07-2013, 10:47 PM

Tap, tap, tap, Mr. Brick!

Editor and photog by day (for my rodeo photography, see Buckaroo Photography on FB) and pool junkie by night.

Table: Wendt Company 4.5x9 Kling copy
Cues: too many!
Player: McWorter or Barnhart
Break/jump: Brick
Jump: Tony Layne
Cases: JBs: 2x5, 4x8-plus, 8x16 and Murnak 3x6

Grammar Lock

**new** indigo jump break in stock ready to ship $25.00 off ltd. Time
Old
  (#18)
BackToIt
AzB Silver Member
BackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond repute

Talking **new** indigo jump break in stock ready to ship $25.00 off ltd. Time - 03-21-2013, 12:20 PM

Just in as pictured in the initial thread at the bottom...BRAND NEW INDIGO IN COLOR ALEX BRICK JUMP/BREAK CUE. PM OF INTERESTED...THIS COLOR GOES FAST!!!

The truth will set you free, but it usually pisses you off first.....
Playing Cue - Summers Butterfly, Espiritu Ebony/Ivory,Ring Tail Wrap
On Order - BHQ Butterfly, Jon Spitz 8 Pt Fanelli Butterfly
Others - Predator 6 Pt SP, Vintage Meucci Sneaky pre-dot era
Break/Jump Alex Brick Indigo Dymondwood
Case (2)Volturi 3x6 "The Maestro","The Maestro II", Predator Blak 2x4, Its George Vintage Eelskin 2x4, Predator 4x8

Professionalism
Old
  (#19)
Shapechaser
AzB Silver Member
Shapechaser has a reputation beyond reputeShapechaser has a reputation beyond reputeShapechaser has a reputation beyond reputeShapechaser has a reputation beyond reputeShapechaser has a reputation beyond reputeShapechaser has a reputation beyond reputeShapechaser has a reputation beyond reputeShapechaser has a reputation beyond reputeShapechaser has a reputation beyond reputeShapechaser has a reputation beyond reputeShapechaser has a reputation beyond repute

Professionalism - 03-21-2013, 05:20 PM

I sent you a pm sir. I have been interested to try/own one of these for awhile but like alot of things I have procrastinated. Mr Brick's response showed class, respect and professionalism. That alone is worth doing business to me. Thank you, Steve Eberly

Just responded to your pm
Old
  (#20)
BackToIt
AzB Silver Member
BackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond reputeBackToIt has a reputation beyond repute

Just responded to your pm - 03-21-2013, 05:41 PM

Check pm and gibe me a call Chaser....

Case (2)Volturi 3x6 "The Maestro","The Maestro II", Predator Blak 2x4, Its George Vintage Eelskin 2x4, Predator 4x8

Old
  (#21)
king edward
AzB Bronze Member
king edward is on a distinguished road

02-21-2014, 11:37 AM

seriously interested if you could please call 646-234-2017 would like to discuss more than one my name is ed

Old
  (#22)
pablocruz
AzB Silver Member
pablocruz has a reputation beyond reputepablocruz has a reputation beyond reputepablocruz has a reputation beyond reputepablocruz has a reputation beyond reputepablocruz has a reputation beyond reputepablocruz has a reputation beyond reputepablocruz has a reputation beyond reputepablocruz has a reputation beyond reputepablocruz has a reputation beyond reputepablocruz has a reputation beyond reputepablocruz has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2014, 06:11 PM

Here is my jumper. The grain in the shaft lines up with the grain in the butt. Jumps better than anything i've owned which have included Predator, Poison, Lomax and Pierce. Can't say enough about it!!
Name:  DSC01150.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  102.5 KB
Name:  DSC01151.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  99.5 KB
Name:  DSC01152.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  102.6 KB

You Strengthen what you focus on!!
Hold the vision, trust the process

Old
  (#23)
mrgoodale7
AzB Silver Member
mrgoodale7 is on a distinguished road

05-20-2014, 12:57 PM

Why is this cue being sold for 350.00 ? i was told new they were 275.00

Old
  (#24)
Str8PoolPlayer
“1966 500 SuperFast”

Str8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodale7 View Post
Why is this cue being sold for 350.00 ? i was told new they were 275.00
You may want to retract your statement, as it is a blatant violation
of posting rules to bash a listing in this section. You probably weren't aware.

You can always contact Alex Brick directly.

."Questa automobile è così veloce lo inciterà a cacare i vostri pantaloni" .... Enzo Ferrari

Old
  (#25)
BackToIt
AzB Silver Member

05-20-2014, 09:23 PM

Thanks Str8, these were sold awhile back when demand was higher I paid more than the other dealer is asking and should have ended the listing as they have all sold at this time. To the lister providing another sellers lower pricing in a sale thread just imagine if I were to step in as you sold your used car, boat cue, etc. and told your potential buyer of a cheaper price elsewhere, I would probably be met with a response something like "mind you own business" but here on AZ the proper forum for fyi ' s such as yours would be a pm to the seller. But to any and all reading, I have no more Brick cues, but they are available and for a great price here on AZ.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: