Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Request for help!
Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-04-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeandapancak View Post
Understood.. Not asking you to do anything you don't believe in.

It happens the same way any other accident happens. Lack of attention to detail, saftey protocols skipped or ignored. The usual ingedients to a accident.

Maybe an explanation from my wife would serve this purpose better... You can find her on Facebook, Carmen Napier and message her.
Smoke, I hope that everything works out well for you both.

You may want to be very careful before you post any specific description of the events surrounding the incident, or names of those involved. LE may still be investigating this and any minor inconsistencies can easily prompt further and closer scrutiny. Just not worth it.

Good luck.

J

Old
  (#17)
smokeandapancak
what?
smokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via Yahoo to smokeandapancak  
11-04-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
Smoke, I hope that everything works out well for you both.

You may want to be very careful before you post any specific description of the events surrounding the incident, or names of those involved. LE may still be investigating this and any minor inconsistencies can easily prompt further and closer scrutiny. Just not worth it.

Good luck.

J
Understood Jimmy...however the story is what the story is. There isn't anything to find inconsistencies in.

Got notice today trial is moved up to the 12th.

dude

Old
  (#18)
smokeandapancak
what?
smokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond repute

11-04-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
You sure you wan to put her name out there for everybody to see?
She is fine with that and welcomes anyone that may have questions.

dude

Old
  (#19)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

11-04-2014, 06:32 PM

Got a PayPal address?

Old
  (#20)
smokeandapancak
what?

11-04-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
I am sure the last place you should be getting advice is an internet forum but heres the deal. First get a good lawyer. Money is no object sell your car borrow on a credit cards, do like you are doing here and ask for money where ever you can get it. Worry about paying the money back later.

You two are the only ones that know what happened. Pick a story and stick to it. Remember Zimmerman, he never varied from his story. As far as everyone is concerned, that is what happened and they would have to prove otherwise.

Your wife is never going to cooperate with the DA no matter what, and the DA will have a very hard time ever getting this to trial. You are a young guy, you primary objective is to not be convicted of this crime. You have years to rebuild your life financially, that problem is not even a consideration.

Number one is the lawyer. One of the problems with local lawyers is they know the prosecutor. This may sound like a good thing, it is not. They will wheel and deal you into a plea in a case they could bully you out of if they have the balls.

I have a tiny bit of experience with getting in trouble when I was younger. My fathers lawyer was Joe Varon and when he showed up the prosecutor began sweating instead of the other way around. Bottom line, as I said you are young, get yourself out of this thing and get on with your life. Someday it will seem like a bad dream.

I sincerely hope your wife has a full recovery from this insolent. I should also add, share nothing on this board or any other type of media about the details of what happened. There is no up side to talking too much. Say nothing to anybody from this point forward except to your lawyer, not even trusted friends.
Solid advice....even though I am in direct conflict with one aspect of it. We have contacted local media and printed gofundme support material and have mailed about 100 letters today. The action we have endured have been kept quiet long enough.

I have emptied out on the attorney. When we get to the other side of this we will be flat broke. Actually looking forward to that problem

dude

Old
  (#21)
smokeandapancak
what?

11-04-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTDA7 View Post
Got a PayPal address?
Goohoge24@gmail.com or via the gofundme page listed.

Thanks Sir!

dude

Old
  (#22)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

11-04-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Goohoge24@gmail.com or via the gofundme page listed.

Thanks Sir!
I just prefer PayPal....donation sent.

Old
  (#23)
macguy
AzB Silver Member
macguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond repute

11-04-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Solid advice....even though I am in direct conflict with one aspect of it. We have contacted local media and printed gofundme support material and have mailed about 100 letters today. The action we have endured have been kept quiet long enough.

I have emptied out on the attorney. When we get to the other side of this we will be flat broke. Actually looking forward to that problem
I was referring to social media like on here. One wrong word or inconsistency and you can hang yourself. Sev just volunteered on this forum he knows all the details. He is someone who could be questioned to see what you told him. You seem to be talking a lot, don't.

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
Thomas A. Edison

Old
  (#24)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

11-04-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I was referring to social media like on here. One wrong word or inconsistency and you can hang yourself. Sev just volunteered on this forum he knows all the details. He is someone who could be questioned to see what you told him. You seem to be talking a lot, don't.
As I am in TN and he is not. And this is not in a federal jurisdiction. WY has no power in TN to compel me to speak. Much less testify.

Yes talking to much could be a problem. I believe this has been explained to him before elsewhere.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm just a flea along for the ride... ---366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#25)
macguy
AzB Silver Member
macguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond repute

11-04-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
As I am in TN and he is not. And this is not in a federal jurisdiction. WY has no power in TN to compel me to speak. Much less testify.

Yes talking to much could be a problem. I believe this has been explained to him before elsewhere.
It is the principle of it that matters. If not you someone else. I read through his past posts on here and he make references to guns and using ammo to killing with one shot.

I didn't read everything he ever wrote but you can be sure someone will as well as any place else he has posted. That is part of a prosecution today, they look under every electronic rock.

Most of the cases you see reported on always have some face book posting or stuff found on a computer or cell phone. These people today put themselves in jail.

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
Thomas A. Edison

Old
  (#26)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member
sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

11-04-2014, 07:40 PM

I've been following this situation with shock and horror. I don't know anything other than what is already out there. Based on what I have heard though it seems like a colossal waste of govt resources and someone with an axe to grind for some political reason.

Smoke and Carmen are good people who are and are very much in love and this whole saga is heartbreaking.

Don't take the deal Smoke. Unless there is something going on behind the scenes that isn't public. Don't take it. Macguy is right on the money about fighting this. You won't ever get this off your record if you plead. Better off to fight and lose IMO than plea, even if you end up serving more time. It will severely limit your job options in the future. Even trying to get a real estate license might be tough, let alone a top secret clearance. You are a fighter. Now fight.

Hopefully justice will prevail in the end and you'll be able to put it behind you.

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#27)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

11-04-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
It is the principle of it that matters. If not you someone else. I read through his past posts on here and he make references to guns and using ammo to killing with one shot.

I didn't read everything he ever wrote but you can be sure someone will as well as any place else he has posted. That is part of a prosecution today, they look under every electronic rock.

Most of the cases you see reported on always have some face book posting or stuff found on a computer or cell phone. These people today put themselves in jail.
True enough.

Sadly in this situation an accident and not a crime has occurred.
Dealing with inbreeds can often be difficult.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm just a flea along for the ride... ---366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#28)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

11-04-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
It was an accident.
I am well acquainted with the story.
Well, the only advice that I have is as follows;

If this is going to be presented to the grand jury for indictment, see if your attorney can get you to testify there. Might as well plead your case before the DA churns out whatever he wants from a GJ. Some states differ in this procedure. But if this does not get a true bill by a GJ, you are home free, and not as expensive as going to criminal trial.

I would only hire the top criminal defense attorney in the area. They are not known to make deals with DA's, and enjoy the fight, especially when one is innocent. Also, a former DA turned criminal defense attorney is never a bad thing. They know the in's and outs and will know the DA's weaknesses.

I would Never take a case to a jury if I were innocent. I would demand a bench trial and let a judge decide my fate. The judge is more apt to follow the law then a jury who can be fixated on emotion. If I were guilty, I'd want a jury trial...always. Again, some states this procedure is different than others.

Start prepping the Mrs. now. Have her go through her testimony, until she can repeat it in her sleep. Don't do this with the atty, do it together, until it is perfect.

I'm assuming there are no domestic disturbance calls to your residence, you have NO history of abusing woman, and have never been arrested for any type of violence other than a stupid bar fight or two with no weapons. If not, well, you just might want to negotiate a plea bargain the best you can.

Sounds like a horror story that is getting worse. Good Luck.

Last edited by ChicagoRJ; 11-05-2014 at 06:19 AM.

Old
  (#29)
pocket
AzB Silver Member
pocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond repute

11-04-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
It was an accident.
I am well acquainted with the story.
To clarify, the proper term is negligence.

Old
  (#30)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
11-04-2014, 09:53 PM

I am sorry to hear about your situation, smoke.

Best wishes to you and the mrs, what a horrible thing to face.

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: