Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page SEC too Slow to Keep Pace with Big 10
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
I believe in a 64 team playoff system.
Old
  (#31)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Talking I believe in a 64 team playoff system. - 01-03-2015, 11:34 AM

The top 20 plus plenty more. Every coach who thought his team was the greatest.
You know. Like basketball.

The schedule would not have to be unnecessarily long. They could play the games
nightly. That way there would be a premium on toughness, conditioning, coaching
and skill.

Something grueling.

Yep. A 64 game playoff would maximize advertising revenues. Give the ESPN folks
something to talk about for months, and by the time it is complete, the southern
teams would want to play the last games up north. You know, for being cooler.

It would take the guess work out of it.

Yep a 64 team playoff.

Old
  (#32)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

01-03-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post

The top 20 plus plenty more. Every coach who thought his team was the greatest.
You know. Like basketball.

The schedule would not have to be unnecessarily long. They could play the games
nightly. That way there would be a premium on toughness, conditioning, coaching
and skill.

Something grueling.

Yep. A 64 game playoff would maximize advertising revenues. Give the ESPN folks
something to talk about for months, and by the time it is complete, the southern
teams would want to play the last games up north. You know, for being cooler.

It would take the guess work out of it.

Yep a 64 team playoff.

I agree with you. But anybody can get lucky. I think each match-up should be best of five series.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#33)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

01-03-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
When you put up almost 700 yards of offense against one of the "best" defenses in the country, I'd say speed has a little something to do it with it. I mean, it' one thing to have them run the ball down your throat for over 300 yards, but then have the QB throw for over 300 yards as well... not good for the tide
I looked around to find if anyone credited Ohio State's team speed as the primary factor in their win, or even mentioned overwhelming team speed for OSU compared to Alabama. Didn't find it.

All I found was reference to the tempo of Ohio State's play befuddling Alabama's receiver coverage and line defenses, but that concerns how quickly they got to the line to snap their next play. It was like they were playing no-huddle, or 2-minute drill, offense. That kept 'bama from getting in certain packages for situational reasons, and had them on their heels.

Old
  (#34)
slop stroke
I drink, theyfore I ain't
slop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond repute

01-03-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Not just Bama but the entire fraudulent SEC west was destroyed by "inferior" teams.

Not long ago the media was crying that only 2 of those SEC west teams could make the playoff. And that they were "cannibalizing" each other.

It was a beautiful bowl season for SEC haters everywhere.

And to think if this was still the BCS it would have been Bama and FS in the championship and the real two best teams would have been voted to play each other for nothing in the rose bowl.

Now crab legs can resume his life of crime in peace without having to worry about how it looks to the media or what lies the College is going to have to say on his behalf.

And he still thinks they beat themselves. They didn't cough up the ball, the Duck's defense took it from them.

JC
What a beautiful post!! I wish I had written this ^^^ Well aside from the crab legs comment, lol. I have thought that the SEC was over rated all year long. Did nobody in positions of power recognize that many of their wins outside of conference were cup cake teams? They continued to get credit for beating teams within the conference... Boggles the mind.

Thank God for the BCS playoffs; otherwise, Alabama or FSU would have won an unwarranted BCS title.

Old
  (#35)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

01-03-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop stroke View Post

Thank God for the BCS playoffs; otherwise, Alabama or FSU would have won yet another unwarranted BCS title.
I fixed it for you sir.

JC

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#36)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

01-03-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
OMG and I thought Hitler was pissed when they brought bibles to Haiti after the earthquake!!!

JC

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#37)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

01-03-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
I looked around to find if anyone credited Ohio State's team speed as the primary factor in their win, or even mentioned overwhelming team speed for OSU compared to Alabama. Didn't find it.

All I found was reference to the tempo of Ohio State's play befuddling Alabama's receiver coverage and line defenses, but that concerns how quickly they got to the line to snap their next play. It was like they were playing no-huddle, or 2-minute drill, offense. That kept 'bama from getting in certain packages for situational reasons, and had them on their heels.
In other words, speed. They kept things moving quickly to keep Bama off balance, to make their QB make a few mistakes, and some nice timely fumbles

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#38)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 01-04-2015, 04:50 AM

Watched the Ohio State Name game last night on YouTube.

Same result.

Couple of warm up field goals.

Touchdown through the big tree stumps in the middle.

Nice run and passes from 12 Gage.

Trickeration

Half time 20 21.

Long passes and long runs closed the game.
Bama did have an outstanding kicker.

OSU was better in a few key areas.

Better running.
Better passing.
Better defense.
Better conditioning.
Better speed.
Better blocking.
Better tackling.
And better coaching.

Otherwise Bama was superior.

Not sure ESPN folks would talk about OSU speed as they have been Press Secretaries for
Bama all season.

Last edited by Slide Rule; 01-04-2015 at 04:59 AM.

Old
  (#39)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

01-11-2015, 08:45 AM

Old
  (#40)
smokeandapancak
what?
smokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via Yahoo to smokeandapancak  
01-11-2015, 09:33 AM

Those that promote this postseason as some sort of headstone on the grave of the SEC are delusional.
Period.
Point.
------

dude

Old
  (#41)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

Talking 01-12-2015, 08:03 AM

Tonight the big one.

Old
  (#42)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

01-12-2015, 08:03 AM

Old
  (#43)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Me likey!! GO BUCKS! Can't wait.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#44)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

01-12-2015, 08:07 AM

Old
  (#45)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeandapancak View Post
Those that promote this postseason as some sort of headstone on the grave of the SEC are delusional.
Period.
Point.
------
Agreed. These things are cyclical. It just happens to be the SEC's turn in the barrel, and man I am enjoying the ride.
j2

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: