Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Kristina Tkach in action on FB.
Page 3 of 5 123 45

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
12squared
AzB Gold Member
12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

02-26-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_ball6970 View Post
Pookie made a pretty long post on facebook. Seems like he had several issues with the events that transpired last night. Unfortunate.
Does anyone know Pookie's facebook name so I can look this up, I would be interested in what he has to say. It's actually an interesting situation since the 8 ball would count if he made it on the break.

Thanks,
Dave

Old
  (#32)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via AIM to CreeDo  
02-27-2019, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12squared View Post
Does anyone know Pookie's facebook name so I can look this up,
I would be interested in what he has to say. It's actually an interesting situation since the 8
ball would count if he made it on the break.
I think he's Grai Rasmechai on Facebook. I wasn't able to see his post though.

I heard them go back and forth.

It boiled down to, neither side remembered to stipulate, and one guy says
"well if you don't stipulate then it's a win, cuz that's what's normal when people gamble at 10 ball"

...and the other guy says
"well if you don't stipulate then it's a rerack, cuz that's what's normal when people gamble at 10 ball"

My first instinct is say Pooky's wrong, because all pro tournaments spot the 10-ball...
DCC bigfoot event, US Open 10ball, World Pool Series.

In fact in Europe they play strict WPA rules where you spot the ten ball in any combo,
and the shooter continues. You can't even combo it in for an early win.

But, I vaguely remembered seeing money games at super billiards expo where the 10 on the break counted.
I had to dig deep and find one of my old posts, to confirm it:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showp...12&postcount=8

And in the Phillippines, all the usual rules go out the window. They play 10 ball with slop,
check out this horrifying hill-hill win in a Biado vs. Raga money match:
https://www.facebook.com/cravesports...1976998708542/

Each side may honestly believe his rule is the "normal" rule.

I think they should just humor him and give him the extra money ball on the break.
Kristina is still the favorite IMO, so keep the customer happy.

Old
  (#33)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2019, 02:06 AM

It's actually much harder to make the ten ball on the break than it is to make the nine ball in 9-Ball. My opinion is they should play Ten Ball with the same rules as they use for 9-Ball.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#34)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
For those wondering, Kristin Tkach pronounces her last name as:

tuh kotch

The "uh" after the 't' is more of just a sound than a syllable.

The 'o' is more like the Spanish 'a' similar to Ah or Agnir (European 'a.' And after all, it's spelled with an 'a' not an 'o.)

And she needs a cool nickname. Someone suggested "The Dream Weaver," while others suggested something like "La Femme Nikita" or "Ice Princess."

Freddie <~~~ AHG near
Tkach translates to ‘Weaver’ in English....so I think ‘Weaver’ would do just fine...
...Dream Weaver is too long and awkward...

If Weaver catches on, it’ll still probably get shortened to ‘Weave’.....
...I can just see her running out for the cash....and the sweaters be saying “Weave, Weave”

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#35)
12squared
AzB Gold Member
12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

02-27-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeDo View Post
I think he's Grai Rasmechai on Facebook. I wasn't able to see his post though.

I heard them go back and forth.

It boiled down to, neither side remembered to stipulate, and one guy says
"well if you don't stipulate then it's a win, cuz that's what's normal when people gamble at 10 ball"

...and the other guy says
"well if you don't stipulate then it's a rerack, cuz that's what's normal when people gamble at 10 ball"

My first instinct is say Pooky's wrong, because all pro tournaments spot the 10-ball...
DCC bigfoot event, US Open 10ball, World Pool Series.

In fact in Europe they play strict WPA rules where you spot the ten ball in any combo,
and the shooter continues. You can't even combo it in for an early win.

But, I vaguely remembered seeing money games at super billiards expo where the 10 on the break counted.
I had to dig deep and find one of my old posts, to confirm it:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showp...12&postcount=8

And in the Phillippines, all the usual rules go out the window. They play 10 ball with slop,
check out this horrifying hill-hill win in a Biado vs. Raga money match:
https://www.facebook.com/cravesports...1976998708542/

Each side may honestly believe his rule is the "normal" rule.

I think they should just humor him and give him the extra money ball on the break.
Kristina is still the favorite IMO, so keep the customer happy.
Yes, that his his name on Facebook, thanks. But I never saw that post . I sent a friend request to see if that changes things I can view on his page. I saw the exchange during the match, just wondering what he had to say.

Again, thanks!

Old
  (#36)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
02-27-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Tkach translates to ‘Weaver’ in English....so I think ‘Weaver’ would do just fine...

...I can just see her running out for the cash....and the sweaters be saying “Weave, Weave”
Weave is a synonym for knit. No joke.

Old
  (#37)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12squared View Post
Yes, that his his name on Facebook, thanks. But I never saw that post . I sent a friend request to see if that changes things I can view on his page. I saw the exchange during the match, just wondering what he had to say.

Again, thanks!
Looks like the post was deleted.

And
Old
  (#38)
franko
AzB Silver Member
franko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond repute

And - 02-28-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:

" Leave it to Weaver "

Old
  (#39)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko View Post
" Leave it to Weaver "
She doesn’t just appear in a pool hall...she looms

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#40)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-28-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
It's actually much harder to make the ten ball on the break than it is to make the nine ball in 9-Ball. My opinion is they should play Ten Ball with the same rules as they use for 9-Ball.
If you gap the rack, the 10-ball can rocket into the pocket.

Other than that, I’m in favor of 10-ball with 9-ball rules like how I grew up!

Freddie <~~~ 10-ball is coming!

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#41)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-28-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
She doesn’t just appear in a pool hall...she looms
Is she a knit or a sweator??

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Here you go
Old
  (#42)
Jeff G. Martin
AzB Silver Member
Jeff G. Martin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff G. Martin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff G. Martin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff G. Martin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff G. Martin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff G. Martin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff G. Martin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff G. Martin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff G. Martin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff G. Martin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff G. Martin has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go - 02-28-2019, 06:07 PM

Here is the post.

Player: Jacoby John Davis Conversion
Spare: Jacoby ebony/birdseye hustler
Case: Justis 3x5
Table: 9' Diamond Professional

Old
  (#43)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff G. Martin View Post
Here is the post.

I love Pooky but a lot of it is sour grapes he was ahead forgot the score and she rips off 9 games in a row on him giving him the 8 , the girl is simply unflappable she kept focus and he lost his , funny the next day she in action with a local and sitting next to me I introduced her to the guy sitting there and I say she is one of Roys and I pause for second and she barks horses , that shit was priceless lol

Old
  (#44)
StraightPoolIU
Brent
StraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

02-28-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
For those wondering, Kristin Tkach pronounces her last name as:

tuh kotch

The "uh" after the 't' is more of just a sound than a syllable.

The 'o' is more like the Spanish 'a' similar to Ah or Agnir (European 'a.' And after all, it's spelled with an 'a' not an 'o.)

And she needs a cool nickname. Someone suggested "The Dream Weaver," while others suggested something like "La Femme Nikita" or "Ice Princess."

Freddie <~~~ AHG near
Red Sparrow

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

"No bar, no bowling alley, no pinball machines. Just pool. Nothin else."

Playing Cue: 2003 Pechauer P15
Break Cue: Joss Thor Hammer (purpleheart with ironwood rings)
Jump Cue: OB Lift
Current Tip: G2
Shaft: OB Pro Plus

Old
  (#45)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
03-01-2019, 08:11 AM

Obviously, pookie is his own advocate, but he has been no bs action for decades on the east coast.

Even when he first started coming around and was gettin big weight and was new to the scene, he never had a rep as one who would resort to ancillary moves to better his position. Play to win/
& win some-lose some. Shit happens.

As the recent events are laid out in this thread, the money balls being treated differently, to one player's constant favor, is obviously not fair unless mutually agreed upon.

To inform an opponent you'll be there late, then show up early and start practicing...wtf?

And it is really an odd set of actions, considering Roy, pookie and I all sprouted from the same place and around the same time.

Page 3 of 5 123 45

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: