Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Super Bowl Champ to Host Billiards Charity

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.00 average.
Super Bowl Champ to Host Billiards Charity
Old
  (#1)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

Super Bowl Champ to Host Billiards Charity - 05-20-2009, 03:34 AM

On Monday, July 13, 2009, New York Giants and Super Bowl Champion defensive end Justin Tuck will host Tuck's Celebrity Billiards Tournament Presented by The Ritz-Carlton Residences, North Hills.

This event will be a star-studded extravaganza with athletes and entertainment celebrities including Vivica A. Fox, Ronnie Lott, Eli Manning, Kelly Rowland, Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, and other VIPs registered in a highly competitive pool tournament, all to raise money for Justin Tuck's charity. The action will take place at Slate NYC, one of the Big Apple's premier billiards clubs. The Master of Ceremonies for the evening will be Law and Order star and comedian Anthony Anderson.

Source: http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRe...5028469&EDATE= [Retrieved 20 May 2009]

Justin Tuck's website, if you can take the music http://www.justintuck.com/
Attached Images

Old
  (#2)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2009, 03:43 AM

Here's the Master of Ceremonies, Anthony Anderson from "Law and Order." I like this guy!
Attached Images

Old
  (#3)
JAM
On the Hill

05-20-2009, 03:50 AM

The inaugural Tuck's Celebrity Billiards is being produced by top marketing and event production company The Sandbox Inc., who has been creating signature celebrity pool tournaments since 2003.

Over the last six years, their tournaments have attracted superstar participants including, Michael Jordan, Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Shaquille O'Neal, Julius Erving, Denzel Washington, Jay-Z, Tony Parker and Eva Longoria Parker, Alicia Keys, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Ludacris, Reggie Bush, Kim Kardashian and many more.

I remember last year, I think they had one in New Orleans, and Jeanette Lee attended!

Tables and teams are still available for the event. A portion of team and table sales are tax deductible and the proceeds will benefit Tuck's R.U.S.H. for Literacy. For more information on participation, interested parties should email celebritybilliards@justintuck.com.

Here's Jeanette posting with Rapper Chamillionaire at the Big Easy Billiards Charity Bash held last year, I think!
Attached Images

Old
  (#4)
JAM
On the Hill

05-20-2009, 03:57 AM

About Justin Tuck and Tuck's R.U.S.H. for Literacy:

This program aspires to encourage children to READ, UNDERSTAND, SUCCEED, and HOPE as they continue to nurture literacy in their lives. Founded by Justin and Lauran Tuck, this initiative is committed to raising funds to donate books and other reading materials to enrich youth in the New York and Central Alabama communities. Justin Tuck is an NFL Pro Bowl and All-Pro defensive end who was drafted by the New York Giants in 2005. He recorded a career best 12 sacks last season and his dominant play in Super Bowl XLII helped lead the Giants to victory against the New England Patriots.

This is great! I hope some pool folk attend. I mean, after all, it is a "billiards" charity. This could be good publicity for pool!

This is very philanthropic of Tuck to give back to the community! I like this RUSH charity!
Attached Images

Old
  (#5)
Fast Lenny
♠ ♥ ONTHERAILTV.COM ♣ ♦
Fast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

05-20-2009, 04:00 AM

Very cool!

GO TO WWW.ONTHERAILTV.COM FOR SOME GREAT POOL CONTENT!

Old
  (#6)
JAM
On the Hill

05-20-2009, 04:05 AM

Wow, that Slate's pool room in New York City looks very nice!

54 West 21st Street
NY, NY 10010

Old
  (#7)
JAM
On the Hill

05-20-2009, 04:17 AM

I am hijacking my own thread. Searching for a pic, I came across this one.

I have mentioned before on the forum that native Netherlands folk are considered some of the tallest in the world.

This is a picture of the tallest billiards player, Dirk Snip from The Netherlands.

Man, my lower back just hurts looking at this poor fellow shooting pool!
Attached Images

Old
  (#8)
JAM
On the Hill

05-20-2009, 04:20 AM

Here's the "glowing staircase" at Slates pool room. Check out the pool tables below.
Attached Images

Old
  (#9)
JAM
On the Hill

05-20-2009, 04:22 AM

Another shot of the pool tables at Slates. I like the lighting, making the cloth the focal point. I think the lighting in a pool room means everything to serious-minded shooters!
Attached Images

Old
  (#10)
Johnnyt
Burn all jump cues
Johnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 169290

05-20-2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
I am hijacking my own thread. Searching for a pic, I came across this one.

I have mentioned before on the forum that native Netherlands folk are considered some of the tallest in the world.

This is a picture of the tallest billiards player, Dirk Snip from The Netherlands.

Man, my lower back just hurts looking at this poor fellow shooting pool!
That tall guy playing Billiards not Pool.
I never heard of slates in NY. Probably because they don't let rif raff like me in. Johnnyt

Never Give Up

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: