Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Show yourself! Let's see who's hiding behind that computer...
Page 1 of 32 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Show yourself! Let's see who's hiding behind that computer...
Old
  (#1)
SK Custom Cues
AzB Silver Member
SK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100
  Send a message via Skype™ to SK Custom Cues 
Show yourself! Let's see who's hiding behind that computer... - 09-24-2009, 01:48 PM

I often wonder who I'm talking to and what the other guy looks like, and what he does, especially what his pool hall looks like. I can see that nobody puts a photo of them in their avatar, except for maybe a few. If we knew a little more about each other, I think it would help to have even a stronger sense of community here on AZ.

I'll volunteer to go first.

My name is Sung Kang. I am a 36 year old Korean Okie born in Tulsa, Ok. I teach the traditional art of TaeKwon-Do as my profession and have been doing so for 20+ years. I have most recently been working to lease out retail spaces to tenants in our new 12000 sq ft building, which we just recently moved into after being in our previous building since 1978.

Here are some photos.

This is Me.

Some of my life accomplishments in TaeKwon-Do include:

89 U.S. National Champion- Silver Medal
89 U.S. Olympic Festival Silver Medalist
U.S. Olympic Training Center Team Member
Oklahoma State Champion 8 years

I play golf as well...

I love to catch em on my chartuse spinner:

When it comes to pool:

I have been playing pool for over 20 years and I am currently rated a 7 in my pool hall. Magoo's is run by Jim and Laura McDermott and they have been nothing short of wonderful. They host the most wonderful tournaments including the OB Cues Tour, the Midwest tour, and have even hosted the Camel Pro Tour back in the late 90's. Because of that, I have met Busti, Efren, Mizerak, Ernesto, and the rest of those old fogies.....

I have been gratefully taught by the Great Buddy Hall and that in itself has been the #1 thing that I needed to boost my game. I have received instruction from the great Mike Betts, who was the house pro here at Magoo's, but he passed away, RIP. I have also received instruction from Brian Jones who is the equivalent of Gabe Owen, or Shane McMinn who is also from here. I have also most recently been studying to become a cue maker. I have a small lathe and am slowly acquiring bits and pieces. I am a wood worker by nature and have a nice sized wood shop. Thanks to Chris Hightower, Joe Barringer, and this forum, I have acquired a great deal of knowledge and I don't think I would be as far as I am now if not for some of the incredibly valuable people here.

Once you sort through all the bullshit, whining, and finger pointing, this place is actually a great place with some rare and wonderful things. All I ask as a fellow member is that you do your share to contribute and to help look out for one another. Hopefully this thread will see some incredibly unique posts.

"It's what a man knows about himself on the inside that makes him afraid."

- Clint Eastwood

Old
  (#2)
Cuaba
Livin Large
Cuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5000

09-24-2009, 01:59 PM

I don't know how to post pics, but I will be at Magoo's around the second weekend of November.

Maybe we can play some?

Old
  (#3)
SK Custom Cues
AzB Silver Member
SK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100
  Send a message via Skype™ to SK Custom Cues 
09-24-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuaba View Post
I don't know how to post pics, but I will be at Magoo's around the second weekend of November.

Maybe we can play some?
I would love that. I would love to meet any AZer. I hang out with a fellow AZer 'Duane Remick'. He is a good friend of mine and he is quite a player as well. Ftgokie also comes in every once in a while, but Magoo's is not his main pool hall.

"It's what a man knows about himself on the inside that makes him afraid."

- Clint Eastwood

Sounds Good
Old
  (#4)
Cuaba
Livin Large
Cuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5000

Sounds Good - 09-24-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Custom Cues View Post
I would love that. I would love to meet any AZer. I hang out with a fellow AZer 'Duane Remick'. He is a good friend of mine and he is quite a player as well. Ftgokie also comes in every once in a while, but Magoo's is not his main pool hall.
It would be great if they showed up as well. I've met dozens of AZ'ers around the world & made some good friends on here.

Old
  (#5)
ftgokie
D player extraordinaire
ftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1400
  Send a message via Yahoo to ftgokie  
09-24-2009, 02:29 PM

My Dearest Sung

When you can catch em like what I am holding in my avatar...you can say your a fisherman then

I caught them out of my pond

Just retired the Wal-Mart cue...upgraded to a Budweiser cue..Im SET now!

Last edited by ftgokie; 09-24-2009 at 02:31 PM.

Old
  (#6)
gabesmom
AzB Silver Member
gabesmom has a reputation beyond reputegabesmom has a reputation beyond reputegabesmom has a reputation beyond reputegabesmom has a reputation beyond reputegabesmom has a reputation beyond reputegabesmom has a reputation beyond reputegabesmom has a reputation beyond reputegabesmom has a reputation beyond reputegabesmom has a reputation beyond reputegabesmom has a reputation beyond reputegabesmom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-24-2009, 02:44 PM

I'm the one on the left.

Nice pictures & stories about yourself & Magoo's!

And my great-nephew is a Jr. National Tae-Kwon-Do Champion....from Tulsa area (Claremore). So we have a little in common.

Miracles are natural. When they do NOT occur, something has gone wrong. JCIM
"You either got faith or you got unbelief, and there ain't noooooo neutral ground" Bob Dylan

Old
  (#7)
Drew
Got a little dog in you?
Drew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 650

09-24-2009, 03:02 PM

Good thread!!

My name is Drew Cruz. My father was born in New York, raised in Puerto Rico. My mother was born and raised in Guam. My parents met and married in college. I was born February 22, 1987 in Stillwater, OK. My father was military so we moved around quite a bit when I was a kid: Oklahoma, Guam, California, Colorado, Texas, back to California, and finally settling down back in Colorado. I'm currently in my 4th year in college and finally passing some classes...I'm hoping to graduate with a degree in civil engineering in spring 2011. I have worked a variety of jobs including landscaping, surveying, restaurant service, auto mechanics, childcare, heavy equipment, retail, general contracting, as well as some less than legitimate enterprises. My career as pool hustler was very short lived (I didn't know you actually had to win). Currently I work part time at Starbucks Coffee and part time with a friend cleaning carpets. I am also a member of a grassroots libertarian subsect of the local GOP. And some pictures...

This is me with my ex at a Rockies game earlier this year.

I have a really big family:
I'm in the middle of the back row with a black shirt. The rest of these people are my cousins on my mom's side (there's a few missing), my sister, and my grandparents. We all grew up together and we're very close...like siblings.

Here's some more of my family. I'm in the front.

This is where I learned to play pool. Sticks in Colorado Springs.
I hear that Buddy Hall ran over Danny Medina on that table in the middle of the room. But that was before my time.

I'm on the far right side...

Sticks has gone downhill so I don't go there anymore, neither do any of the people in that picture. Due to reasons which fuel my hatred of the state, I rarely play pool these days.

Old
  (#8)
vicdotcom
AzB Silver Member
vicdotcom has a reputation beyond reputevicdotcom has a reputation beyond reputevicdotcom has a reputation beyond reputevicdotcom has a reputation beyond reputevicdotcom has a reputation beyond reputevicdotcom has a reputation beyond reputevicdotcom has a reputation beyond reputevicdotcom has a reputation beyond reputevicdotcom has a reputation beyond reputevicdotcom has a reputation beyond reputevicdotcom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-24-2009, 03:07 PM

Here is me and my son.
Name:  small.jpg
Views: 1642
Size:  16.4 KB
Name:  P5240047.jpg
Views: 1659
Size:  17.9 KB

Last edited by vicdotcom; 09-24-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Old
  (#9)
Drew
Got a little dog in you?
Drew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 650

09-24-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuaba View Post

Maybe we can play some?
Step by step tutorial to post pics:

Step 1: Go to this site http://www.lookpic.com/

Step 2: Click on Browse

Step 3: A Window will pop open. In that Window navigate to the picture on your computer. Pick the picture and click Open.

Step 4: That window should close automatically. Now click Upload in the website.

Step 5: You should now see a list like this

Step 6: See where the black arrow is pointing? Right click on that and select Copy.

Step 7: When you're replying to a message in Azbilliards, Right click and select Paste. You can also just hit "Ctrl" and "V" at the same time on your computer.

DONE!!

Old
  (#10)
2_Fast_4_Fleas
AzB Silver Member
2_Fast_4_Fleas has a reputation beyond repute2_Fast_4_Fleas has a reputation beyond repute2_Fast_4_Fleas has a reputation beyond repute2_Fast_4_Fleas has a reputation beyond repute2_Fast_4_Fleas has a reputation beyond repute2_Fast_4_Fleas has a reputation beyond repute2_Fast_4_Fleas has a reputation beyond repute2_Fast_4_Fleas has a reputation beyond repute2_Fast_4_Fleas has a reputation beyond repute2_Fast_4_Fleas has a reputation beyond repute2_Fast_4_Fleas has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2009, 03:40 PM

<~~~~~~~There i Am

I Went 9 Years Without Missing A Ball

Shooter: Schon
Breaker: Mace Break/Jump
Top Break Speed: 29.61 MPH

"Just keep your head in the game"

Old
  (#11)
rackmsuckr
Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
rackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

09-24-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Step by step tutorial to post pics:

Step 1: Go to this site http://www.lookpic.com/

Step 2: Click on Browse

Step 3: A Window will pop open. In that Window navigate to the picture on your computer. Pick the picture and click Open.

Step 4: That window should close automatically. Now click Upload in the website.

Step 5: You should now see a list like this

Step 6: See where the black arrow is pointing? Right click on that and select Copy.

Step 7: When you're replying to a message in Azbilliards, Right click and select Paste. You can also just hit "Ctrl" and "V" at the same time on your computer.

DONE!!
Or when you are composing a post, you can just hit the paperclip icon and upload up to 5 pics from your computer at a time with 'Insert All'.

If you need to resize them to be under 100kb, then you should download XP Power Toys Resizer (if you have XP). There is a similar program for Vista, but I forget where it is. Both let you batch resize and puts 'Resize' in the right-click menu.

I put the Mental in Ornamental

Old
  (#12)
DaveK
pre-proscribed
DaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 526

09-25-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Custom Cues View Post
.....I have also most recently been studying to become a cue maker. I have a small lathe and am slowly acquiring bits and pieces. ....
Do you core your cues ? How many have you made ?

Dave

Old
  (#13)
bigskyjake
you heard the man
bigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

09-25-2009, 09:23 AM

here's a couple o pics of me

Name:  fal1.jpg
Views: 1858
Size:  69.4 KB

Name:  hillbilly deluxe.jpg
Views: 1627
Size:  33.7 KB

me and my girlfriend
Name:  l_45805e72b0c94e159c43a2d9dbb913cb.jpg
Views: 1605
Size:  31.0 KB

----------------------------------------------------

"They got old Hank and Lefty and there's B24, set em up Joe and play Walkin The Floor"

"you think that I am the devil, but it's only because I've lived in hell for so long"

-------------------------------------------------------

Censports.com, where badasses bet on sports, for FREE http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=303384

Old
  (#14)
BryanBpool
M.T.F.B.
BryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond repute

09-25-2009, 09:45 AM

I'll Bite...

Name:  BRYAN.jpg
Views: 1599
Size:  33.9 KB

I can be found at Park Place Billiards in Clearwater most of the time.

I have been playing pool for almost 10 years now.

Name:  BRYANBPOOL.jpg
Views: 1596
Size:  49.3 KB

Old
  (#15)
Apocalypse2017
Welcome to the resistance
Apocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond reputeApocalypse2017 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 36200

09-25-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgokie View Post
My Dearest Sung

When you can catch em like what I am holding in my avatar...you can say your a fisherman then

I caught them out of my pond

here is a pic of me and a REAL bass. Notice you can't see my face. LOL

Page 1 of 32 1 2311 Last »

Tags
photos, pics, pool, post, thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: