Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page predator sneaky pete or "custom" SP w/ Z2 shaft

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
predator sneaky pete or "custom" SP w/ Z2 shaft
Old
  (#1)
Skippy9Baller
AzB Silver Member
Skippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via AIM to Skippy9Baller Send a message via Skype™ to Skippy9Baller 
predator sneaky pete or "custom" SP w/ Z2 shaft - 05-15-2010, 05:49 PM

I was hoping to get some opinions on my next cue purchase. I've played w/ a friend's Z2 shaft and really liked it. I love the feel of a wood/wood joint. I would like to get a custom sneaky with a radial pin joint like an Arnot Sneaky or a Josey Sneaky with a Z2 shaft.

Does anyone have opinions or experience on how one of those cues would play compared to an off-the-shelf predator sneaky pete like SP4RW with Z2 shaft and unli-loc wood/wood joint?

I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,
Skippy

The Billiards Biohacker Report: Explore the art and science of becoming superhuman on and off the pool table.

Hmmm
Old
  (#2)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm - 05-15-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy9Baller View Post
I was hoping to get some opinions on my next cue purchase. I've played w/ a friend's Z2 shaft and really liked it. I love the feel of a wood/wood joint. I would like to get a custom sneaky with a radial pin joint like an Arnot Sneaky or a Josey Sneaky with a Z2 shaft.

Does anyone have opinions or experience on how one of those cues would play compared to an off-the-shelf predator sneaky pete like SP4RW with Z2 shaft and unli-loc wood/wood joint?

I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,
Skippy
Arnot makes a laminated shaft, so why not just pay the few extra backs with Arnot and get a nice American made shaft that you know is top notch, because he only uses great wood.

And no I don't know Arnot or own an Arnot, but I have shot with an Arnot and know of his reputation for quality woods he uses in his cues.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#3)
Skippy9Baller
AzB Silver Member
Skippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy9Baller has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to Skippy9Baller Send a message via Skype™ to Skippy9Baller 
05-15-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Arnot makes a laminated shaft, so why not just pay the few extra backs with Arnot and get a nice American made shaft that you know is top notch, because he only uses great wood.

And no I don't know Arnot or own an Arnot, but I have shot with an Arnot and know of his reputation for quality woods he uses in his cues.
I guess that would be the T3 shaft that he makes. I am considering that shaft, too. I've never played with one, though. I might need to find a way to test one out, before buying.

Thanks for the input.

Skippy

The Billiards Biohacker Report: Explore the art and science of becoming superhuman on and off the pool table.

Old
  (#4)
greyghost
exile
greyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2010, 10:43 PM

for the price range you guys are talking for a sneakey....why not just get a BOB FREY? He was the one making those in Scruggs shop for years and they are the nutZ.

You can get a nice one for $500 maybe under.....hits like it costs 2k lol

Old
  (#5)
scottyr44
AzB Silver Member
scottyr44 has a reputation beyond reputescottyr44 has a reputation beyond reputescottyr44 has a reputation beyond reputescottyr44 has a reputation beyond reputescottyr44 has a reputation beyond reputescottyr44 has a reputation beyond reputescottyr44 has a reputation beyond reputescottyr44 has a reputation beyond reputescottyr44 has a reputation beyond reputescottyr44 has a reputation beyond reputescottyr44 has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to scottyr44 
05-18-2010, 10:56 AM

To this day out of all the cues i've owned, my favorite has been a 300 dollar joss sneaky with a predator z2 shaft.

I want to shoot with the top players: 나는 최고 선수와 쏘고 싶다. : Audentes Fortuna Juvat

Old
  (#6)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

05-18-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
for the price range you guys are talking for a sneakey....why not just get a BOB FREY? He was the one making those in Scruggs shop for years and they are the nutZ.

You can get a nice one for $500 maybe under.....hits like it costs 2k lol
I like the way you think Ghost. Get the best custom sneaky you can afford and you will not regret it. Traded a cue 33 years ago for my Spain, didn't know it was a "Spain" because I never heard of him then,as I was only 15. But it was a merry widow. Still shoots lights out with the orginal Spain shaft (straight) and just had her refinished by Joel Hercek. And no, I'm not going to be adding a Predator shaft to the Spain anytime soon.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#7)
$TAKE HOR$E
champagne - campaign
$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-18-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy9Baller View Post
I would like to get a custom sneaky with a radial pin joint like an Arnot Sneaky or a Josey Sneaky with a Z2 shaft.
I just sold an Ernie Martinez sneaky pete with a big pin that had a matching Predator-Z shaft. Have you looked at the Predator Roadline cues, they have a radial pin and hit pretty well.

I have a Meucci sneaky pete that is about 10 years old that I changed the pin to a 3/8 11 and have a Predator 314-2 that was made for a Southwest that I use on it. I use it to break with but it plays great and I have had people offer to trade their playing cue's for it. I only use the original shaft to beak with.

Don't be afraid to say what everyone else is thinking, they will talk about you forever
~ unknown

The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain
~ Bruce Lee

Ya'll warned me, but I didnt listen.....
~ Death Ball

I'm not surprised motherf*%$#@'s
~ Nate Diaz

WWW.MACECUES.COM

DOOM
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=463005

Last edited by $TAKE HOR$E; 05-18-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Tags
predator, sneaky pete, z shaft

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: