Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page Billiards Buddy 14.1 Score Counter now available in the App Store
View Poll Results: What do you think of Billiards Buddy?
I like it. 34 79.07%
It's ok. 5 11.63%
It's no good. 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Page 3 of 6 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
bank buster
Bank Buster
bank buster has a reputation beyond reputebank buster has a reputation beyond reputebank buster has a reputation beyond reputebank buster has a reputation beyond reputebank buster has a reputation beyond reputebank buster has a reputation beyond reputebank buster has a reputation beyond reputebank buster has a reputation beyond reputebank buster has a reputation beyond reputebank buster has a reputation beyond reputebank buster has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-15-2012, 08:00 AM

2 Thumbs up! Thanks for the great app!

Old
  (#32)
arsenius
Nothing ever registers...
arsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2012, 08:24 PM

@Jude: I'm glad you were able to find the in-app purchase! As for your question, it is not possible for me to make the ads pool related. I give my ad providers information about my product, and theoretically they tailor the ads somewhat, but in practice I don't think it comes to anything.

@poolmouse and Steve and Jude: Twitter and facebook support are coming in version 2.0! I've been wanting to do that for a long time.

@poolmouse: Thank you for your offer, but I wouldn't feel right taking your money not knowing how long it will take me to finish the work. I have a real job and a baby, so my time is limited.

And to everyone waiting for an iPad version, yes I do plan on doing it. My plan is to release version 2.0 for iPhone first, and then start on the iPad version. (I know people would like iPad right away, but I have to break work into chunks, or nothing will ever get released). Also, the iPad version will require substantial redesign to be done properly. For example, when you use it on iPad now in 2x mode, the score pickers size gets scaled up. But on a normal iPad app, those will be small, the same size as on an iPhone (or when using 1x mode on iPad). I haven't decided how to deal with that problem yet.

Also, the reason there is no landscape mode yet is because on the iPhone there is not enough space. I spent substantial time trying to squeeze everything in like that when I first designed the app, but had to abandon it. However, there is more space on the iPad, and landscape mode is required for all apps on iPad anyways. So it will be there in the iPad version.

Finally, to everyone who likes the Billiards Buddy, please rate it in the app store and leave reviews! Higher ratings move the app closer to the top helping more people find it.

Old
  (#33)
poolmouse
AzB Silver Member
poolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenius View Post
@poolmouse: Thank you for your offer, but I wouldn't feel right taking your money not knowing how long it will take me to finish the work. I have a real job and a baby, so my time is limited.
How about a donation drive on AZBilliards? What if we can get enough $1, $5, $10, etc., donations and a goal of $1,000 and if/when we reach the goal, you decide if it's worth the time/effort to take a few days off of work to finish v2.0?

If you decide not to, everyone gets their money back...if you decide to, I'm sure those of us with iPad HD devices would be willing to help you test.

Think of all the roses and diapers $1,000 can buy! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old
  (#34)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4700

08-18-2012, 02:09 PM

Do i have to uninstall my free version to get the ad free version to work ?

which i could swear i paid for the real version when the app was first launched and maybe an update knocked it out

i used the app today to score one of the matches from the Maryland 14.1 Championships and the app worked flawlessly !

-Steve

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136
2011 - Highest on Video - 50

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Last edited by stevekur1; 08-18-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Old
  (#35)
mnhighrunlist
AzB Silver Member
mnhighrunlist has a reputation beyond reputemnhighrunlist has a reputation beyond reputemnhighrunlist has a reputation beyond reputemnhighrunlist has a reputation beyond reputemnhighrunlist has a reputation beyond reputemnhighrunlist has a reputation beyond reputemnhighrunlist has a reputation beyond reputemnhighrunlist has a reputation beyond reputemnhighrunlist has a reputation beyond reputemnhighrunlist has a reputation beyond reputemnhighrunlist has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekur1 View Post
Do i have to uninstall my free version to get the ad free version to work ?

which i could swear i paid for the real version when the app was first launched and maybe an update knocked it out

i used the app today to score one of the matches from the Maryland 14.1 Championships and the app worked flawlessly !

-Steve
I purchased the free version first, then purchased the ad-free upgrade and it installed right over the previous version without any problems.

-Dennis

Old
  (#36)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2012, 06:15 PM

when i went to the app store on my phone the app in the search said downloaded and i couldnt purchase from there like i normally would with other apps. i will have to check from iTunes to see what it says.

-Steve

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Old
  (#37)
arsenius
arsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond reputearsenius has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmouse View Post
How about a donation drive on AZBilliards? What if we can get enough $1, $5, $10, etc., donations and a goal of $1,000 and if/when we reach the goal, you decide if it's worth the time/effort to take a few days off of work to finish v2.0?

If you decide not to, everyone gets their money back...if you decide to, I'm sure those of us with iPad HD devices would be willing to help you test.

Think of all the roses and diapers $1,000 can buy! LOL

I would definitely be interested in doing something like that. I took a look at kickstarter.com, which is setup to do exactly what you are saying. If people in this thread showed enough interest I would be willing to setup a page there. From what I understand, potential donors would signup and pledge on the site, and their accounts wouldn't be charged until the project was fully funded.

The site requires that I offer rewards for different levels of donation. Two that come to mind are a credits page for smaller donors and a splash screen for one or at most two very large donors. I'm not sure whether I could give free copies of the app away or not, based on Apple's app store rules. If anyone has any ideas for other rewards I would be interested in hearing them.

Old
  (#38)
arsenius

08-18-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
when i went to the app store on my phone the app in the search said downloaded and i couldnt purchase from there like i normally would with other apps. i will have to check from iTunes to see what it says.

-Steve
Steve, the ads are removed via an in-app purchase. You can't make in-app purchases on iTunes. But, if you did upgrade before, all you have to do is click the upgrade button in the app and enter your password. If you did in fact upgrade before Apple will remember and tell you that you already purchased the upgrade. You won't be charged again. Of course, you have to use the same Apple ID that you used when you purchased (most people only have one Apple ID, so this probably shouldn't be a problem).

Let me know if you have any trouble with this.
-Tim

PS, you may be correct that an upgrade wiped out your upgrade. That did actually happen at one point. Unfortunately at the time I did not realize what had happened, or I would have added a notice in the app. However, the upgrade is not actually gone, you just have to follow the steps I mentioned above to get the app to realize that you paid.

Last edited by arsenius; 08-18-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Added info

Old
  (#39)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"

08-19-2012, 06:15 AM

okay i just saw the in app upgrade that i had missed when i was trying to upgrade it. i thought i would have had to do it at the app store.

i guess i didnt have the upgrade !!

thanks for your help, i am now Ad-Free
-Steve

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136

Old
  (#40)
poolmouse
AzB Silver Member
poolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond reputepoolmouse has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenius View Post
I would definitely be interested in doing something like that. I took a look at kickstarter.com, which is setup to do exactly what you are saying.
This is great...if you can set this up I will be the first to pledge $10.

score app
Old
  (#41)
fasteddief
AzB Silver Member
fasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond reputefasteddief has a reputation beyond repute

Smile score app - 08-20-2012, 08:44 AM

how do you work the score for three cushion billiards

Old
  (#42)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"

08-20-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmouse View Post
This is great...if you can set this up I will be the first to pledge $10.

For starters we can all do our part by stopping in the app store on iTunes and hit the share button after searching Billiards Buddy and tag it over to our Facebook accounts to spread the word about this great app. I just discovered this Over the weekend and did my part.

We can also take the time to write a review on iTunes that should also help. I intend on doing tat this evening.

Steve

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136

Old
  (#43)
arsenius

08-23-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddief View Post
how do you work the score for three cushion billiards
Fasteddief, you can use the big plus button to increase the score, or the little minus button to decrease it. Hit 'Miss' to switch to the other player. You cannot decrease the score further after changing players, because the game tracks innings and not just points. If you made a mistake, you should use the undo button (Hit the little (i) button between the player names).

Hope this helps, let me know if you have more specific questions.

Old
  (#44)
arsenius

Thumbs up 08-23-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
For starters we can all do our part by stopping in the app store on iTunes and hit the share button after searching Billiards Buddy and tag it over to our Facebook accounts to spread the word about this great app. I just discovered this Over the weekend and did my part.

We can also take the time to write a review on iTunes that should also help. I intend on doing tat this evening.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I just setup a new facebook page for Billiards Buddy. It is completely blank at the moment other than the profile pic (Version 2.0's new icon!), but I will add to it as I have time.

And as Steve said, it is very helpful to me to have people rate the app and leave reviews. Positive reviews are a big motivator.

Old
  (#45)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

08-27-2012, 10:40 AM

I don't think I've ever been to a pool hall that didn't have either the score counters on the table, or a hand-held score keeper that they give you at the counter when you get the balls. The phone app is cool, but do you want some guy messing with your phone? Or, do you now have to keep score for both people and then get into an argument about how you didn't score his runs correctly?

Just wondering...

Dan White

Page 3 of 6 123 45 Last »

Tags
billiards, billiards buddy, buddy, counter, score

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: