Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Best hitting cue you ever played with.
Page 1 of 21 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Best hitting cue you ever played with.
Old
  (#1)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
Best hitting cue you ever played with. - 04-28-2013, 08:32 AM

Ok, here are the rules. Hit is subjective, we all know that. But let's try anyway to compile a list of cues that we think are GREAT playing cues.

The only rule is one vote per person. So think about it and pick the one cue out of all the cues you have been able to shoot with that you would keep if you could only have one of them for the rest of your life.

Now of course you can put in a name of a cue you have never shot with just because you desire to own it and have heard it's a great playing cue but I hope that you will stick with cues that you actually had time to hit balls with for enough time to really get to know the cue.

I will start, and this is a very tough decision for me because I have owned so many great cues. Keep in mind that just because a brand is someone's #1 choice the number 2 might be real close.

But the object here is to see what sort of list we can come up with if you can only have one. I will update this post with a running list and vote count if it gets any traction. Sometime in the future I will tally the votes by brand even though there may be different "eras" and butt/shaft combinations.

My #1 pick is Jensen.

The List - Brand - Votes

George Balabushka - 1 (real Buska, not Adams)
Joey Bautista - 1
Al Bautista - 1
Mike Bender - 1
Black Boar - 2
Leonard Bludworth - 2
Mike Capone -1
Cognoscenti - 2
Coker - 2
Dufferin House Cue 19oz - 1 (assuming original Canadian made Dufferin)
Pat Diveny - 1
Billy Gibbs - 1
Mike Gulyassy -1
Greg Hearn - 1
Mason Houghland - 1
Huebler -3
Bobby Hunter - 2
Jimmy Ingram -1
Jacoby -1
Jensen - 2
Josey -1
Joss gold letter - 2
Steve Lomax - 1
MEZZ TA3, with the Hybrid Pro shaft. -1
Paul Mottey - 2
Kenny Murrell - 1
Chris Nitti - 1
Jim Odom - 1
Jeff Olney - 1
John Parris - 1 (snooker cue)
PFD - 1
Jim Pierce - 2
Phillippi - 2
Jerry Powers - 1
Judd - 1
Kersenbrock -1
Kikel - 1
Hermann Rambow - 1
Edwin Reyes - 1
Bob Runde - 1
Samsara #1978, 314-2 shaft - 1
Dennis Searing -1
Schon (Runde Era) - 2
Schon - 3
Schuler -1
Schuler with pro taper shaft (not Schuler Pro) - 1
Chuck Starkey - 1
Sugartree - 3
Gus Szamboti - 3
TAD steel joint - 2
Tascarella - 1
Jerry Terbrock - 1
Varney - 2
Larry Vigus w/OB Shaft - 1
Larry Vigus - 1
Thomas Wayne - 1 (one vote invalidated)
Mike Webb - 1
Skip Weston - 1
SouthWest - 1
Woodworth - 1

If I missed any let me know.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Last edited by JB Cases; 05-14-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Old
  (#2)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-28-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
Ok, here are the rules. Hit is subjective, we all know that. But let's try anyway to compile a list of cues that we think are GREAT playing cues.

The only rule is one vote per person. So think about it and pick the one cue out of all the cues you have been able to shoot with that you would keep if you could only have one of them for the rest of your life.

Now of course you can put in a name of a cue you have never shot with just because you desire to own it and have heard it's a great playing cue but I hope that you will stick with cues that you actually had time to hit balls with for enough time to really get to know the cue.

I will start, and this is a very tough decision for me because I have owned so many great cues. Keep in mind that just because a brand is someone's #1 choice the number 2 might be real close.

But the object here is to see what sort of list we can come up with if you can only have one. I will update this post with a running list and vote count if it gets any traction.

My #1 pick is Jensen.
Your list is going to turn out being very long. There are many like me who just haven't had the chance to hit with very many of the large number of custom and high-end cues that are in our market today.

That said, I throwing my Larry Vigus w/OB Classic shaft into the fray!!!

Maniac (see where this is gonna go?)

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Jacoby D11 w/314-2
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue
Cases: JB Ultimate Rugged 3x6, 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard

Old
  (#3)
Maik
AzB Silver Member
Maik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2013, 08:44 AM

My sugartree is for me the Favorit.

Old
  (#4)
RRfireblade
Grammer Are For Stupids
RRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-28-2013, 08:49 AM

This has been done a number of times before.

Basically you get a combination phone book and wish list of cues in no particular order.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Old
  (#5)
DAVE_M
AzB Silver Member
DAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2013, 08:51 AM

A friend of mine had a cocobolo/BEM sneaky pete Jensen that played really well.

Old
  (#6)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
04-28-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRfireblade View Post
This has been done a number of times before.

Basically you get a combination phone book and wish list of cues in no particular order.

Hasn't been done by me. But I would love it if you could point me towards some of the other threads where a list was made.

Old
  (#7)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

04-28-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
A friend of mine had a cocobolo/BEM sneaky pete Jensen that played really well.
Is that your vote?

Old
  (#8)
nathandumoulin
WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
nathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1825

04-28-2013, 08:57 AM

It's a production cue, although uncommon. The MEZZ TA3, with the Hybrid Pro shaft.

Mika, Alex, Karl, Chris, so many players have played with my cue and after only a hit or two, looked to me in amazement and asked what it was. Alex even considered playing the quarter finals of the US Open with it, and another pro offered to buy it on the spot.

The owner of Mezz, Kaz, gave it to me as a gift a few years back. I haven't had the slightest desire to try anything since.

Old
  (#9)
SC02GTP
AzB Silver Member
SC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2013, 08:59 AM

Schon R6 w/ micarta ferrules

Old
  (#10)
cajunbarboxplyr
Beatem down wit a Varney
cajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2850
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana...5 minutes from White Diamonds Billiards
 Send a message via ICQ to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via AIM to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via MSN to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via Yahoo to cajunbarboxplyr  
04-28-2013, 09:02 AM

My very simple made Varney!! Just has an awesome hit and feel!!! Well balanced!

Cajun
Playing Cue: Varney Sneaky!
Case: Whitten Copy
Cues in the Works:
Break Cue: Varney Shop Reject J/B
Jump Cue: Varney j/b
Cue Collection: Varney And Ross

Old
  (#11)
djakrse
AzB Bronze Member
djakrse is on a distinguished road

04-28-2013, 09:02 AM

19 oz Dufferin house cue

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

Old
  (#12)
RRfireblade
Grammer Are For Stupids
RRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
Hasn't been done by me. But I would love it if you could point me towards some of the other threads where a list was made.
I'm sure you could find them if you wanted to.

Carry on as I'm sure you will.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Old
  (#13)
Mitchxout
AzB Silver Member
Mitchxout has a reputation beyond reputeMitchxout has a reputation beyond reputeMitchxout has a reputation beyond reputeMitchxout has a reputation beyond reputeMitchxout has a reputation beyond reputeMitchxout has a reputation beyond reputeMitchxout has a reputation beyond reputeMitchxout has a reputation beyond reputeMitchxout has a reputation beyond reputeMitchxout has a reputation beyond reputeMitchxout has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2013, 09:20 AM

It's the tip, not the cue. Pick one and put it on a house cue. Voila!

Old
  (#14)
bullshot
AzB Silver Member
bullshot has a reputation beyond reputebullshot has a reputation beyond reputebullshot has a reputation beyond reputebullshot has a reputation beyond reputebullshot has a reputation beyond reputebullshot has a reputation beyond reputebullshot has a reputation beyond reputebullshot has a reputation beyond reputebullshot has a reputation beyond reputebullshot has a reputation beyond reputebullshot has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2013, 09:21 AM

I have a pretty limited selection of cues I've tried but i have a Schon stl 7 that looks like its 20 years old that plays lights out. So my vote would be for Schon

Old
  (#15)
dnixon
AzB Silver Member
dnixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2013, 09:29 AM

For me it is my custom pfd made in 1998 my design. Pauls work. best hitting cue for me

Page 1 of 21 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: