Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Outrageous Video: DHS Trashes Couple’s Home, Strips Woman Naked at Gunpoint
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Outrageous Video: DHS Trashes Couple’s Home, Strips Woman Naked at Gunpoint
Old
  (#1)
OneIron
On the snap, Vinny!
OneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond reputeOneIron has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Outrageous Video: DHS Trashes Couple’s Home, Strips Woman Naked at Gunpoint - 06-24-2014, 08:07 AM

We're the government and we're here to help you...

Security video at link.

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/06/23/outra...o-explanation/

Outrageous Video: DHS Trashes Couple’s Home, Strips Woman Naked at Gunpoint, Offers No Explanation

In America, we have certain rights. Central to our civil liberties is a presumption of innocence until having been found guilty in a court of law and the right of citizens to be secure from unreasonable searches and seizures.

One Florida couple found out the hard way that though these rights exist in theory, the modern federal government feels free to play fast-and-loose with these concepts.

At approximately 6:16 am on June 10th, 2014, Kari Edwards and her live-in boyfriend were seized upon by a SWAT team who smashed in the door and using flashbangs and armed to the teeth, swarmed upon the couple and even stripped Ms. Edwards naked in the process.

The couple says that the group entailed personnel from DHS, for whom Edwards once worked. After smashing in the door, the tactical team threw in flashbang grenades, traumatizing their cat and swarmed upon Edwards’s boyfriend and Edwards who had just gotten out of the shower.

“They busted in like I was a terrorist or something,” Edwards said.

“[An officer] demanded that I drop the towel I was covering my naked body with before snatching it off me physically and throwing me to the ground.”

“While I lay naked, I was cuffed so tightly I could not feel my hands. For no reason, at gunpoint,” Edwards said. “[Agents] refused to cover me, no matter how many times I asked.”

“I have never been in any trouble before,” Edwards later stated. “Haven’t even had a traffic ticket in over ten years.”

The couple claim to have seen several different agency uniforms and Edwards repeatedly asked who they were and why they were there. Edwards claimed that they would only identify as “police” and refused to identify why they were there.

The couple has surveillance cameras which caught much of the action. When they were discovered, agents turned the cameras toward the wall.

After two hours and after the agents had thoroughly trashed the house, Edwards was given a warrant signed by Jonathan Goodman, a federal magistrate judge for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida that authorized the agents to search for computers and electronics.

Edwards’ boyfriend fixes up old computers but she claimed that the police barely looked at any electronics and did not seize any of the electronics in the house.

Like so many recent instances regarding federal militancy, the root cause of the police action can be justifiable while the manner in which police are investigating alleged illegalities is wholly inappropriate. If the police had a warrant to search for electronics, it’s possible to have executed that warrant without the firepower once reserved for Army Rangers going door-to-door in Fallujah.

Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

Old
  (#2)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2014, 08:11 AM

Yet so many will still refuse to see the tyranny....amazing.

J

Old
  (#3)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2014, 10:09 AM

Could you imagine if this shit happened on GWB watch ?? I mean, then we would get the outrage that something like this deserves... but rather than be upset, they need to protect the regime at all costs, and if one of their own has to take one for the team, so be it !!

Old
  (#4)
crosseyedjoe
Anywhere but here
crosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2014, 11:14 AM

Go Patriot Act!

The art of crowd control, the presidential style.
Never underestimate the power of fallacy to change the world. -- Umberto Eco

If I'm a serial killer:
Murder Implement: Loaf of bread and Peanut-butter
Torture Implement: Water or milk in front of you while you're choking on peanut-butter sandwich

Old
  (#5)
Jimmy M.
Insomniac
Jimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8950

06-24-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
Yet so many will still refuse to see the tyranny....amazing.

J
Just remember, you have nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide.

Old
  (#6)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosseyedjoe View Post
Go Patriot Act!
Yep, good think Obama didn't extend this thing or anything I mean, if he did y'all would have to hold him accountable or something, right ??

Old
  (#7)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2014, 01:38 PM

More reason to pass a national make Make My Day Law specifically aimed at law enforcement and protects citizens from prosecution.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm just a flea along for the ride... ---366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#8)
smokeandapancak
what?
smokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via Yahoo to smokeandapancak  
06-24-2014, 02:41 PM

What did they do to get the warrant on them in the first place?

dude

Old
  (#9)
crosseyedjoe
Anywhere but here
crosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Yep, good think Obama didn't extend this thing or anything I mean, if he did y'all would have to hold him accountable or something, right ??
Oh, we already hold someone responsible a long time ago for coming up with that brilliant idea. It's just insanity to keep repeating our disdain for it like a broken record.

And it's even worse that some people are suffering from dementia on which president that made the law that applies to this particular case permanent (under the assumption that this is truly a DHS operation).

If I'm a serial killer:
Torture Implement: Water or milk in front of you while you're choking on peanut-butter sandwich

Last edited by crosseyedjoe; 06-24-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Old
  (#10)
memikey
Never Has Been
memikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-24-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeandapancak View Post
What did they do to get the warrant on them in the first place?
Clad to see someone else sees it as a bit of an interesting puzzle rather than an opportunity to start yet another left v right shouting match.

The above is only one good example of a number of unknowns that anyone objective would be awaiting further info on before diving too far in any direction on this.

Quote:
Outrageous Video: DHS Trashes Couple’s Home, Strips Woman Naked at Gunpoint
Did anyone see either of those particular outrageous things on the only video which was embedded in the article? It seemed to just be a video of the outside of the home, evidencing the operatives arriving mob handed, forcing entry and leaving a short while later.

Is that video from the security camera that the couple say recorded some of the action before the operatives turned it towards the wall? Or is there another video from a different security camera actually inside the home showing part of the claimed trashing of the home and stripping naked of the woman, before it was turned against the wall?

How does anyone know it is true that the couple were offered no explanation or not even shown a warrant (until the operatives were finished their search)?

The woman claims that despite what it says on the warrant they didn't actually look for anything electrical/computer in nature. If someone is in tight handcuffs and presumably under restraint in one room, how do they even know what kind of search the operatives carried out in other rooms or what they were looking for in those rooms? I notice she pointedly doesn't say what she thinks they WERE actually looking for.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending these thugs.....but the cynic in me tells me there's something not quite complete about this story.....and I'm not just talking about the obvious ie that so far we've only got part of one side of it and a video of the outside of the house

Mike

Last edited by memikey; 06-24-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Old
  (#11)
ChopStick
Unsane Poster
ChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-24-2014, 03:15 PM

OK. You had me at naked. Where's the link to the video?

Don't believe everything you think.

Old
  (#12)
vasilios
AzB Silver Member
vasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

06-24-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosseyedjoe View Post
Oh, we already hold someone responsible a long time ago for coming up with that brilliant idea. It's just insanity to keep repeating our disdain for it like a broken record.

And it's even worse that some people are suffering from dementia on which president that made the law that applies to this particular case permanent.
Don't care who started it - Bumble doesn't have to sign it every 2 years to keep it alive -
He could let it die - But HE Don't

bill

Trump 1-12-19
" Wait till you see how it all ends up !! "
" You watch - will make front page news "

Old
  (#13)
crosseyedjoe
Anywhere but here

06-24-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopStick View Post
OK. You had me at naked. Where's the link to the video?
For your eyes only: http://www.infowars.com/woman-says-d...ing-dawn-raid/

If I'm a serial killer:

Old
  (#14)
crosseyedjoe
Anywhere but here

06-24-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasilios View Post
Don't care who started it - Bumble doesn't have to sign it every 2 years to keep it alive -
He could let it die - But HE Don't

bill
Much of the main provisions of the act were made permanent, so warrantless searches will be part of our lives permanently. Only the peeping-tom and lone-wolf provisions were the only ones that the Congress can re-authorize which Bumble can sign into law. Even if Bumble vetoes the re-authorization of those provisions, the home invasion will continue on because of the other permanent provisions.

If I'm a serial killer:

Last edited by crosseyedjoe; 06-24-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Old
  (#15)
maldito
AzB Silver Member
maldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2014, 05:53 PM

Sounds to me like we are more and more using English SAS/RUC tactics trampling anyone in their way

The toughest shot on the table is the one you just missed......Myron Zownir

I've been watching guys tilt the rack before you were born ... Earl Strickland

Even If Donald Trump wins all of the toss up States He can't win ...... Rachel Madow

Kamala Harris …………. would you ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: