Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page BHE and FHE English system?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
tonythetiger583
AzB Silver Member
tonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-11-2016, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dave View Post
Check out the videos and articles on the BHE/FHE resource page. They cover BHE, FHE, and combos of BHE/FHE in great detail.

Enjoy,
Dave
Thanks, that's where I got most of my information about the subject, along with the videos by Joe Tucker

Old
  (#17)
tonythetiger583
AzB Silver Member
tonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2016, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
Where are you located? It'd be easier to discuss what you're trying to do while at a table.

I'd say that you're overthinking, but then again, I like what you're thinking from an instructional and informational point of view.

Freddie <~~~ can't add, let alone complex BHE:FHE computations
I'm in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old
  (#18)
tonythetiger583
AzB Silver Member

07-11-2016, 02:47 AM

So I've noticed that for a lot of shots, especially when shooting with the elevation on a draw shot, with Parallel, the squirt and swerve seems to cancel out.

I think that's why a lot of player's who play parallel are okay playing with around a half tip to a tip of english. Unless I'm reading it wrong, there doesn't seem to be a lot of compensation on certain shots?

Is there a need for FHE english? As far as I can tell, it's purpose is to squirt over more than BHE to compensate for swerve over longer distances.

My question is can't you just use parallel and then add in bhe to make up the remainder?

Old
  (#19)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-11-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger583 View Post
So I've noticed that for a lot of shots, especially when shooting with the elevation on a draw shot, with Parallel, the squirt and swerve seems to cancel out.
... only with the right amount of elevation for a given shot speed, shot distance, and ball/cloth condition.

Quote:
I think that's why a lot of player's who play parallel are okay playing with around a half tip to a tip of english. Unless I'm reading it wrong, there doesn't seem to be a lot of compensation on certain shots?
That is correct, even if the player isn't aware of it, especially for faster-speed and shorter-distance shots.

Quote:
Is there a need for FHE english?
No. Nor is there a need for BHE or any combination of parallel/BHE/FHE.

Quote:
As far as I can tell, it's purpose is to squirt over more than BHE to compensate for swerve over longer distances.
That is correct. FHE corrects less for squirt since swerve cancels some of the squirt. FHE works well for long, slow, near-level-cue shots, assuming your cue has relatively small CB deflection.

Quote:
My question is can't you just use parallel and then add in bhe to make up the remainder?
Yes. You can also vary your bridge length for each shot, or you can also use a combination of FHE and BHE, or you can just learn to aim instinctively by feel based on smart practice and lots of successful experience.

Regards,
Dave

Old
  (#20)
Skippy27
AzB Silver Member
Skippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renfro View Post
because knowledge is power and even after this exercise fades into his past part of it that works the best will be part of his game... Some players spend their whole life by feel and that is 100% fine but some players want/need that little bit of math/science to keep them in touch with the journey......
Good point. That is until something changes.

Old
  (#21)
Masayoshi
Fusenshou no Masa
Masayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dave View Post

That is correct, even if the player isn't aware of it, especially for faster-speed and shorter-distance shots.
I agreed with your post except for this part. Parallel english works better for low speed and longer distances allowing the swerve and/or throw to compensate for the initial deflection. More speed and shorter distance lessen the effects of swerve.

Old
  (#22)
Lesh
One Hole Thinkifier
Lesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond repute

07-12-2016, 04:17 AM

BHE and FHE are myths.

These fall under the same categories as Slender Man, The Grifter, Hope for the American political system. These are things that do not exist outside of assigning them a name and fantastical attributes.

I am also starting to think there is no such thing as a slip-stroke, even though I have heard some veteran players talk about it. No one ever explains it when they talk about it (and I was never really motivated enough to do serious digging through the AZB dungeons)..... maybe its just a secret or such an incredibly difficult technique that the payoff is highly perishable and so small that its not really worth it to cultivate... much like jumping.

Lesh

Room: The Corner Pocket - Largo, Florida (TABLE #2)
Playing Cue: Rack Runner Fancy Sneaky Pete by Mike Smith

Other Cues:
Yingling - Piloted 3/8x10 Merry Widow w/ 13mm shaft
McDermott D19 (1st Cue bought 1991)
Adam Cues "Julio Stamboulini" circa Mid-80's

One Pocket is the Teacher
"Play the Game, son." - Box
"Life is 100% mental." - Lesh
"Fortunately, I keeps my feathers numbered for just such an emergency." - Foghorn

Last edited by Lesh; 07-12-2016 at 04:18 AM. Reason: My Slip-Stroke gets the money

Old
  (#23)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-12-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masayoshi View Post
I agreed with your post except for this part. Parallel english works better for low speed and longer distances allowing the swerve and/or throw to compensate for the initial deflection. More speed and shorter distance lessen the effects of swerve.
I agree 100% with this, so either I didn't phrase my previous post well or you misinterpreted what I wrote.

Regards,
Dave

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: