Reload this Page Political Quotations from Slide Rule
Page 1 of 38 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Political Quotations from Slide Rule
Old
  (#1)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Political Quotations from Slide Rule - 10-20-2018, 09:24 PM

Thanks to God that he gave me stubbornness when I know I am right.

John Adams

Old
  (#2)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2018, 09:25 PM

I must study politics and war at my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and
philosophy. My sons up to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural
history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce, and agriculture in order to give
their children a right to study paintings, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry,
and porcelain

John Adams

Old
  (#3)
Poolplaya9
Tellin' it like it is...
Poolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800
  Send a message via AIM to Poolplaya9  
10-20-2018, 10:52 PM

Good quotes. Perhaps you can also add them here so that all the good quotes can be in one place.
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=117279

Old
  (#4)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-21-2018, 05:23 AM

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/thomas_jefferson

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#5)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2018, 05:27 AM

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."

Aristotle

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#6)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!

10-21-2018, 05:28 AM

"No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."

"Political Disquisitions", a British republican tract of 1774-1775

-Bishop-

-Bishop-

-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#7)
memikey
Never Has Been
memikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2018, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolplaya9 View Post
Good quotes...
Yep....and the second one would make sense without the typos

Mike

Old
  (#8)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-21-2018, 06:27 AM

The charge of vanity is the last resort of little wits and mercenary quacks, and the
famous mental life, against me and measures if they can find no other objection to I
have long since learned that a man may give offense. And yet succeed.

John Adams

Old
  (#9)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-21-2018, 06:29 AM

If at times I have betrayed in word or writing such a settlement, I have only to say an
excuse for it that I am not a hypocrite, not a cunning man, not at all times wise, and that
although I may be more cautious for the future, I will never be so merely to obtain the
reputation of a cunning politician, a character and neither admire nor esteem.

John Adams

I am in the As of a 196-page collection.

Al

Old
  (#10)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-21-2018, 07:05 PM

We ought not to fight them ( Barbary pirates) at all, unless we determined to fight them
forever.

John Adams

Old
  (#11)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

10-22-2018, 07:06 AM

So, i'm at pool league last week. And i'm the new guy on the team. I didn't know the folks before.

The young guy makes a comment about teachers pay and unions and some other non sense. I responded back with just some facts. And in a polite manner as he's late 20s and probably just don't know certain things.

He then said all I want to do is argue. I said not true, but you expect a free pass to utter any non sense you want, but now demand not to be challenged on it.

I'm ok with your right to free speech, unlike other the kooks like ANTIFA and other liberals, I will never attack or injure you no matter what you say. But, to expect to utter non factual statements and then expect me to just ignore it, and when I don't, accuse me of wanting to argue.

I asked him how many times have I ever even brought up politics, religions or unions up at pool? Yeah, that's right, never. But, if you want to keep talking about it, expect to be challenged. If you don't like it, don't bring a knife to a gun fight. He looked confused when I told him that

We were cool after that, and we'll see if he jibber jabbers more at pool this week. Personally, I hope he does not say shit, because I just want to shoot pool. I told him if he wants to talk politics and such, come to AZB... but I won't be as nice...lol

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#12)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

10-22-2018, 09:10 AM

From the supreme court's newest violator of the rulebook:
Quote:
“The Fourth Amendment allows governmental searches and seizures without individualized suspicion when the Government demonstrates a sufficient ‘special need’—that is, a need beyond the normal need for law enforcement—that outweighs the intrusion on individual liberty,” he wrote. “Examples include drug testing of students, roadblocks to detect drunk drivers, border checkpoints, and security screening at airports … The Government’s program for bulk collection of telephony metadata serves a critically important special need – preventing terrorist attacks on the United States. See THE 9/11 COMMISSION REPORT (2004). In my view, that critical national security need outweighs the impact on privacy occasioned by this program. The Government’s program does not capture the content of communications, but rather the time and duration of calls, and the numbers called. In short, the Government’s program fits comfortably within the Supreme Court precedents applying the special needs doctrine.”

https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/201...rth-amendment/

lol....'special need" Golly, you don't suppose the govt will use this obvious crime to overreach its constitutional "limits" and use it to justify more crime, do you? nah...

I put this here, Slide, in 'your quotes' thread cuz didn't you support K in his appointment?

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#13)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-22-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
So, i'm at pool league last week. And i'm the new guy on the team. I didn't know the
folks before.

The young guy makes a comment about teachers pay and unions and some other
non sense. I responded back with just some facts. And in a polite manner as he's
late 20s and probably just don't know certain things.

He then said all I want to do is argue. I said not true, but you expect a free pass to
utter any non sense you want, but now demand not to be challenged on it.

I'm ok with your right to free speech, unlike other the kooks like ANTIFA and other
liberals, I will never attack or injure you no matter what you say. But, to expect to
utter non factual statements and then expect me to just ignore it, and when I don't,
accuse me of wanting to argue.

I asked him how many times have I ever even brought up politics, religions or unions
up at pool? Yeah, that's right, never. But, if you want to keep talking about it, expect
to be challenged. If you don't like it, don't bring a knife to a gun fight. He looked
confused when I told him that

We were cool after that, and we'll see if he jibber jabbers more at pool this week.
Personally, I hope he does not say shit, because I just want to shoot pool. I told him
if he wants to talk politics and such, come to AZB... but I won't be as nice...lol

I had a similar situation but with my Dad. He always brought up FDR, FDR policies
and how great FDR was. Finally, I said that if he kept it up, I would educate myself
on FDR specifics and mention them in opposition to what he was saying. No relief.
So I read about 15 books on FDR. Then I carried out what I said.

It took awhile. Dad gradually started to adjust his views with my commentary. Some
of what I said took hold. The last 10 years, Dad never mentioned FDR to me.

I love my Dad, He had been fed BS about FDR his whole life. The programs FDR
started did impact Dad directly. They held him back. Dad taught me valuable skills
and self defense. He is always with me.

I hadn't come across the FDR program to solve Bonus Marchers yet. FDR put
veterans in a dangerous situation in the work of connecting the Florida keys. The
government did not warn properly nor evacuate when a hurricane came. Veterans,
wives, and children were sacrificed to FDR. Ernest Hemingway described the
aftermath in gory detail. I learned this after Dad's passing.

Hope your situation resolves. Young people have been told t they are always right.
It is a steep learning curve. I suggest short, relatively neutral commentary pointing
out differences between the ideal and the actual. I would say an AZ NPR invitation is
appropriate.

Luck.

Old
  (#14)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-23-2018, 05:55 AM

Popularity was never my mistress, nor was I ever, nor shall I ever be a popular man.
But one thing I know, a man must be sensible of the errors of the people, and upon his
guard against them, and must run the risk of their displeasure. Sometimes, or he will
never do them any good in the long run.

John Adams

Old
  (#15)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-23-2018, 05:56 AM

Religion, superstition, polls, education, lots, all give way before, passions, interests, and
power.

John Adams

Page 1 of 38 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: