Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Political Quotations from Slide Rule
Page 2 of 37 12 3412 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-23-2018, 05:57 AM

Public business, my son, must always be done by somebody. It will be done by
somebody or other. If wise men decline it, others will not; if honest men refuse it, others
will not. A young man should weigh well his plans. Integrity should be preserved in all
eventís, as he sensual to his happiness, through every stage of his existence. His first
maxim then, should be to place his honor out of reach of all men. In order to do this.
He must make it a rule never to become dependent on public employments for
subsistence. Let him have a trade, a profession, a farm, a shot, something where he
canít honestly live, and then he means gauge in public affairs, if invited, upon
independent principles. My advice to my children is to maintain an independent
character.

John Adams

Old
  (#17)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

10-24-2018, 05:24 AM

It is far below the dignity of the president of the United States to take any notice of
Talleyrandís impertinent regrets, and insinuations of superfluities. You or Mr. Murray
may answer them as you please. I will say to you, however, that I consider this letter as
the most authentic intelligence yet received in America of the successes of the coalition.
At the design is insidious and hostile at heart, I will not say. Time will tell the truth.
Meantime, I dread no longer there, diplomatic skill. I have seen it, and felt it, and been
the victim of that these 21 years. But the charm is dissolved. Their magic is hand-in
hand in America. Still, they show fine, as long as I am in office, candor, integrity, and,
as far as there can be any confidence and safety, if Pacific and friendly disposition. If
the spirit of exterminating vengeance ever arises, it shall be conjured up by them, not
me. In this spirit, I shall pursue the negotiation, and I expect cooperation of the heads
of departments.

John Adams

Old
  (#18)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-25-2018, 06:56 AM

It would be unbecoming, the representatives of this nation to assemble for the first time
in this solemn temple without looking up to the supreme ruler of the universe, and
imploring his blessing.

John Adams

Old
  (#19)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-25-2018, 06:58 AM

Made his territory be the presidentís of virtue and happiness! In this city, may that piety
and virtue, that wisdom and magnanimity, and constancy and self-government, which
adorn the great character, whose name it bears, before ever held in veneration! Here,
and throughout our country, may simple manners come up your morals, in true religion
flourish forever!.

John Adams

Old
  (#20)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-25-2018, 04:07 PM

All the old patriots, all the splendid talents, the long experience, both Federalists and
Anti-Federalists, must be subjected to the humiliation of scene this dexterous gentleman
( Aaron Burr) wise like a balloon, filled with our uninflammable air over the heads Ö
what an encouragement to party, intrigue, and corruption!

John Adams

Old
  (#21)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-25-2018, 04:18 PM

The clock would be simple if you destroyed all the wheels Ö but it would not tell the
time of day. If the Empire of superstition and hypocrisy should be overthrown, happy
indeed. Will it be for the world; but if all religions and all morality should be overthrown
with it, what advantage would be gained? The doctrine of human equality is funded
entirely in the Christian doctrine that we are all children of the same father, all
accountable to him for our conduct to one another, all equally bound to respect each
otherís self love.

John Adams

Old
  (#22)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-25-2018, 04:20 PM

I do not believe that Mr. Jefferson ever hated me. On the contrary, I believe he always
liked me: but he detested Hamilton in my whole administration. Then he wished to be
president of the United States, and I stood in his way. So he did everything that he
could do to pull me down. But if I should quarrel with him for that, I might quarrel with
every man I have had anything to do with in life. This is human nature Ö I forgive all
my enemies and hope they may find mercy in Heaven. Mr. Jefferson and I have grow
old and retired from public life. So we are upon her ancient terms of goodwill.

John Adams

Old
  (#23)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-26-2018, 06:36 AM

Begin each day by telling yourself: Today I shall be meeting with interference,
ingratitude, and insolence, disloyalty, ill will, and selfishness - all of them due to the
offenders' ignorance of What is good or evil.

Marcus Aurelius

Old
  (#24)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-26-2018, 06:37 AM

Put from you the belief that 'I have been wronged.' and with it will go the feeling. Reject
your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.

Marcus Aurelius

Old
  (#25)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-26-2018, 11:39 AM

To refrain from imitation is the best revenge.

Marcus Aurelius

Old
  (#26)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-26-2018, 11:40 AM

Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to
accomplish.

Marcus Aurelius

Old
  (#27)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-28-2018, 06:03 AM

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the
truth.

Marcus Aurelius

Old
  (#28)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-28-2018, 06:04 AM

How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.

Marcus Aurelius

Old
  (#29)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-29-2018, 04:17 AM

Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.

Marcus Aurelius

Old
  (#30)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

10-29-2018, 04:18 AM

The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard
accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and
reasonable nature.

Marcus Aurelius

Page 2 of 37 12 3412 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: