Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Australian senator slaps teen for cracking an egg on the back of his head
Page 5 of 12 « First 345 67 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
Mr. Wilson
Was
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

03-18-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Me?

LOL!

Well, frankly I never said me. I believe I said I wouldn't mind seeing it.

It seems others are making it personal, as if I said I would be attacking someone or bring violence. Perhaps I wasn't clear or misspoke. I don't condone physical violence.

Guns? How and why is that in the conversation? Whether or not or what I carry has nothing to do with it. Insecure? Wow. Were the writers of the Constitution insecure? LOL! What does being a doctor have to do with it?

All comers? LOL!
If you want to make it that way, yes, I have no problem with all comers. None at all. I certainly had not made it that way. I place myself between an abuser and a child any day. Committed to it. Have done it. Will do it again.

Apparently oceans between what we consider justice and abuse.

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain

Old
  (#62)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-18-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Apparently you didn't listen or you wouldn't know about the belt.

Have you had therapy to overcome the abuse?

Perhaps he lashed out so much because of his frustration with a lack of success having only been on a farm team? I guess the world needs bench-warmers too though.

The war came, and he defended our country, otherwise he woulda kept playing hockey.

He lashed out, because I got NO attention, so that's how I got attention, bad attention was better than NONE.

He was in the Navy, ran a destroyer and took no shit from anyone that was otta line. Where he grew up in Oak Park IL, if someone got outta line in the neighborhood, the asked Tom to visit them/talk and if they didn't listen they paid the price. He was as fair as Wyatt Erp, and Matt Dillon.

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#63)
memikey
Never Has Been
memikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-18-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_in_MD View Post
Prior to Feb 2018 17 year olds were treated as adults. They changed the law last year.
Correct.....but then again, just for the record, in case anyone thinks you are talking about the whole of Australia.....it was only the State of Queensland which had delayed the adoption of 17 as the relevant age until earlier this year. All other States in Australia had treated 17 year olds as juveniles for many years before that and Queensland had been under significant pressure to do so for years.

Mike

Old
  (#64)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:

Perhaps he lashed out so much because of his frustration with a lack of success having only been on a farm team? I guess the world needs bench-warmers too though.

Really Doc, this is your level. Attack the guys father. Regardless of what you think, he still played at a high level of hockey, but you find a way to insult the guys father. C'mon, that was weak. wow.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#65)
Mr. Wilson
Was
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2019, 02:06 PM

So who views his political statement a youthful indiscretion?

He physically attacked a politician.

The punishment needs to fit the crime.

What is the prescribed punishment for this as an adult?

This wasn't a child's crime. This was an adult's crime.

Why this is apparently lost on some bewilders me.

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain

Old
  (#66)
Smooth
AzB Silver Member
Smooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2019, 02:40 PM

how can you tell the difference between a 17 year old and a 19 year old?

Old
  (#67)
poolfool1957
I know the pieces fit
poolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-18-2019, 02:40 PM

Parkland students who had to deal with actual gunfire and death...."loudmouths" "commies" and "punks"?
Covington "kids" and "children"
The Aussie egg "punk"

Like the blob says on talk radio, "it all depends on whose ox is being gored"

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showt...75#post6313975

Post a picture of yourself with your shirt off
Bamadog

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely.
LWW

I'm really getting tired of black people........seems they just can't get a clue.
duckie, NPR 09/04/15

group therapy for douchebags
Secaucus Fats

Old
  (#68)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
Apparently oceans between what we consider justice and abuse.
Apparently where minors are concerned.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#69)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
how can you tell the difference between a 17 year old and a 19 year old?
Do you need this for a criminal defense?

"Your honor, how was I to know she was not 18?"

Or is there something else you are getting at?

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#70)
Mr. Wilson
Was

03-18-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:

So the world can count on you to ask to see school ID before you react against future assault.....apparently.

You carry guns in your saddle bags so you can request that ID too, I suppose.

All your bluster makes you sound as if you are welcoming violence, unless of course...the perp can be perceived as being under 18.

For the record, you know nothing about what I've done for children nor any of the other's here that you've made grossly personal attacks upon.....all to further your defense of a criminal attack on an elderly man.

-- Mark Twain

Old
  (#71)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
ChopDic, or whatever his handle is, has an overactive imagination. He doesn't understand that nobody wants this little punk seriously injured, but sufficient repercussions for his crime.
Jason,
Doc is a very well respected member of this forum IMO. He has gone out of his way to offer advice to many here, asking nothing in return. Let's keep it above the belt. Shall we?

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#72)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:

Doc, I do understand your concerns, but...the "kid" pulled the string, and he got the yo-yo. Thankfully it is over, and no serious injuries were sustained. Hopefully, lesson learned.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

Old
  (#73)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

03-18-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:

C'mon Doc. You're better than this.

Old
  (#74)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

03-18-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2pac View Post
Doc, I do understand your concerns, but...the "kid" pulled the string, and he got the yo-yo. Thankfully it is over, and no serious injuries were sustained. Hopefully, lesson learned.
Being that it was an egg to the back of the head, serious injury was extremely unlikely.

Barely a good prank.

That it was in a political context is incidental. A minor such as his would be just as likely to do this in the crowd at a high school basketball game.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#75)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

03-18-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Being that it was an egg to the back of the head, serious injury was extremely unlikely.

Barely a good prank.

That it was in a political context is incidental. A minor such as his would be just as likely to do this in the crowd at a high school basketball game.

I would argue that the context is not necessarily incidental. We don't really know what the circumstances were surrounding the event. The elder may have felt something to the back of his head, turned and saw a scowling angered young adult. He may have also thought that further actions were coming from the "youth," and decided to preempt. Who really knows? Sometimes context absolutely matters, IMO.

Page 5 of 12 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: