Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Starting treatment on Monday
Page 5 of 23 « First 345 6715 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

05-04-2019, 06:00 AM

Hang in there buddy. You got this. Make sure you take your cell phone charger with you if you are going to do drip chemo or other infusions!

Old
  (#62)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-04-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Money View Post
Hang in there buddy. You got this. Make sure you take your cell phone charger with you if you are going to do drip chemo or other infusions!
Thanks, DM. Yeah... the chemo takes forever. Whatever... is what it is. I took a book in 07. So that's what I'll do this time.

Player: Ariel Carmeli Titleist Balaushka Tribute
Player: Sideways JossWest
Player: Dave Brainard Titlist conversion
Player: Tad model Tad-4-P
Player: Meucci QB-12
Player: Joss 10-08
Case: Fellini 1x2
Case: Katana 2x4

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

"The secret to winning one pocket? Run more 8 and outs."

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#63)
Nine ... corner
A student of human moves~
Nine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-04-2019, 07:19 AM

We're all pulling for you. Stay positive my friend.

"I'm shootin' pool Fats, when I miss you can shoot."

Old
  (#64)
Michael Andros
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

05-04-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine ... corner View Post
We're all pulling for you. Stay positive my friend.
Roger, willco, sir.

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#65)
Michael Andros

05-04-2019, 09:07 AM

Wow... i won't say who, as a courtesy to them, vis-a-vis privacy considerations, but an AZ'er just called me to wish me well and we spoke for a few minutes. I can't begin to say how much that kind of thing means to me. I don't have many friends in real life ( and by that, I mean physical friends, not virtual ones ) by choice, but the few I have mean a lot to me. You wouldn't really think people you come to know ( to the degree you can know anybody ) in an online forum could ever be considered "real life" friends... but I am starting to learn that's not true. There are a ton of good people here and I'm starting to find some of you really *are* my friends. And that means a lot. A whole lot.

So that's it, AZer-who-shall-remain-nameless... ( you know who you are ) I really appreciated that call.

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Last edited by Michael Andros; 05-04-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Old
  (#66)
pwd72s
recreational banger
pwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond repute

05-04-2019, 10:11 AM

Just keep in mind that you have an entire online "family" pulling for you. And family it is...complete with squabbles and weird relatives...but we pull together during times like this.

Old
  (#67)
Michael Andros

05-04-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Just keep in mind that you have an entire online "family" pulling for you. And family it is...complete with squabbles and weird relatives...but we pull together during times like this.
Duly noted, PW, and truer words never spoken... appreciated.

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#68)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

05-04-2019, 11:05 AM

My wife went through chemo and radiation in 2018. It is tough but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Her energy is back to normal now and she is in her late 60's.

You can do this.

Old
  (#69)
Michael Andros

05-04-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl View Post
My wife went through chemo and radiation in 2018. It is tough but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Her energy is back to normal now and she is in her late 60's.

You can do this.
Thanks Al... I'm glad she's back on track. I went through this in 07 and it took me @ 6 months altogether to get back to "normal". Please give her my best regards.

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#70)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.
Rubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond repute

05-04-2019, 11:19 AM

With such a positive attitude I’m sure you will come through just fine, Mr A. Here’s wishing you the very best of rolls, sir.

Old
  (#71)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

05-04-2019, 12:15 PM

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Old
  (#72)
Michael Andros

05-04-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubik's Cube View Post
With such a positive attitude Iím sure you will come through just fine, Mr A. Hereís wishing you the very best of rolls, sir.
Thank you, sir, taken to heart and appreciated.

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#73)
Badbeat13
AzB Silver Member
Badbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond repute

05-04-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Andros View Post
Since Garczar first posted the thread about my being diagnosed with throat cancer, numerous people here, most of whom I do not know, even casually, have reached out in the thread with encouragement and best wishes. There is no way I can really describe how much that has meant to me. And, again, my thanks go out to everyone for the kind words and other things as well. I have also received many private messages with those same encouragements and best wishes. Due to so many of those, and so many here in the forum itself, I am going to let everyone know, here, that I am starting chemo and radiation treatments ( at one of the most highly rated cancer hospitals in the country, which I am lucky enough to have within driving distance ) on Monday. 6 weeks of radiation 5 days a week and chemo, weekly, for 6 weeks as well.

It's going to be a bumpy flight. But I'll do what needs done, then I'll move on with my life.

Many of you expressly asked me for updates and for that reason, mainly, I am posting this. I deeply appreciate everyone's attitudes, feelings and thoughts. Thank you all.

So... here we go. Off to see the wizard.
Thoughts and prayers for you, Sir.

Jerry Knoxville

Also known as Cod Lock and First Lt.of the world famous Lock Society.

Old
  (#74)
Michael Andros

05-04-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbeat13 View Post
Thoughts and prayers for you, Sir.
Thanks, Jerry. All of these comments mean a lot.

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#75)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-04-2019, 09:24 PM

Michael;

I am wishing you the very best in your upcoming treatment.

Stay positive - it really does make a difference.

Please keep us posted.

best,
brian kc

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Page 5 of 23 « First 345 6715 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: