Stevie moore true professional!!!!

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
JDB:

Here you go! (Shown below -- I only periodically press the carriage-return key in certain spots to paragraph-ize it. No other modifications are made and any typos / grammatical errors are left in context as-is.)

-Sean

Thank you; that was a much easier read.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A good friend and regular tournament-goer told me that there's kind of a "gangsta" atmosphere in some pool events today they have been noticing in the last few years. I think some folks may enjoy it, but it may not be everybody's cup of tea to see the exhibition of this "gangsta" behavior. :p

I really don't think anybody likes to feel threatened, whether it's physically, verbally, or even insinuated for that matter. I think men tend to lean in this direction more so than the ladies, but I may be wrong. :D

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the wild West gangsta atmosphere that some tournaments have also exists right here on AzB. ;)

It does seem to be hypocritical for the AzB posters to overly criticize the unprofessional and immature conduct of the professionals when many of the AZB posters here exhibit equally childish and immature behavior -- especially when discussing aiming systems. :rolleyes: :yikes:

Last edited:

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i remember watching the stream thinking it's odd that they have to pay to play on the stream table but i can also understand wanting to be fair to every1, they shoulda just reimbursed the players on the stream table after each match

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Stevie Moore behavior

I am absolutely blown away!
I have followed the several different threads on this topic - and there are some good comments and some totally crazy ones!

Now we are being told to reimburse the streaming table players - because we are wanting to be fair with all the players. WHAT!!??!

No matter what we decide to do in future years, it will be the same for every player - we will NOT be reimbursing some players and not others.

But the whole thing is about Stevie Moore 's behavior. There is NO excuse for him to berate the player, promoter and everyone else involved in giving him the opportunity to play in this event.

He needs to learn more self control or he risks the penalty of being asked to leave the event.

Mark griffin, CEO
CSI

i remember watching the stream thinking it's odd that they have to pay to play on the stream table but i can also understand wanting to be fair to every1, they shoulda just reimbursed the players on the stream table after each match

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have followed the several different threads on this topic - and there are some good comments and some totally crazy ones!

Now we are being told to reimburse the streaming table players - because we are wanting to be fair with all the players. WHAT!!??!

No matter what we decide to do in future years, it will be the same for every player - we will NOT be reimbursing some players and not others.

But the whole thing is about Stevie Moore 's behavior. There is NO excuse for him to berate the player, promoter and everyone else involved in giving him the opportunity to play in this event.

He needs to learn more self control or he risks the penalty of being asked to leave the event.

Mark griffin, CEO
CSI

i like your opinion :thumbup:

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member

Mark griffin, CEO
CSI

I am absolutely blown away too. When Justin asked you to make the very first event on the streaming table open Justin said you agreed. Then Justin said about 20 minutes later you came back and said you had changed your mind and that the table would be just like all the others. What I am blown away about is that you, Ric and all the rest of your staff were so stupid as to not think that those 2 players would think the streaming table was open and that someone should tell them that you had changed your mind. Had that one simply communication taken place none of what this thread is about would have taken place. Stevie Moore did not know the streaming table was closed until he went out to play Shane. Should he have come up to you every day and asked if you or Ric had changed any of the rules for the tourney?

Even more blown away am I that you still don't see that you and your staff caused this problem by changing the streaming table from open to closed with no communication to the players and take no responsibility for being a part of the problem.

And finally what the hell is a "players meeting about". I somehow thought that it was to explain how the tourney would be run and what the rules would be. Is there any chance that just maybe the streaming table being open or closed should have been explained?

Oh, never mind I forgot that management cannot do anything wrong. My bad.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am absolutely blown away too. When Justin asked you to make the very first event on the streaming table open Justin said you agreed. Then Justin said about 20 minutes later you came back and said you had changed your mind and that the table would be just like all the others. What I am blown away about is that you, Ric and all the rest of your staff were so stupid as to not think that those 2 players would think the streaming table was open and that someone should tell them that you had changed your mind. Had that one simply communication taken place none of what this thread is about would have taken place. Stevie Moore did not know the streaming table was closed until he went out to play Shane. Should he have come up to you every day and asked if you or Ric had changed any of the rules for the tourney?

Even more blown away am I that you still don't see that you and your staff caused this problem by changing the streaming table from open to closed with no communication to the players and take no responsibility for being a part of the problem.

And finally what the hell is a "players meeting about". I somehow thought that it was to explain how the tourney would be run and what the rules would be. Is there any chance that just maybe the streaming table being open or closed should have been explained?

Oh, never mind I forgot that management cannot do anything wrong. My bad.
I do think that many of your comments have merit. Remember Justin's comment when the streaming tables were open: "They come down and start happily banging away on the open table frolicking like children in a candy store with the owner away." The organizers can't be changing their mind on what the rules are and not expect some players to adversely react.

Another point I'd like to emphasize is that quite a few posters agreed in the other thread that the streaming table should be free. For one thing, it doesn't look good for the players to be continually putting tokens in the table. It's also a way of thanking the players for participating in the video streaming, which in turn, allows the streamers to make some money too.

I'm not saying that Stevie didn't overreact, as he certainly did, but let's put some perspective on this too.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Stevie would have looked great if he had stated his problem with the change and then went on about his business. Management may have helped cause the problem, but Stevie's behavior is not their fault. Self-control is the issue.

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
Stevie would have looked great if he had stated his problem with the change and then went on about his business. Management may have helped cause the problem, but Stevie's behavior is not their fault. Self-control is the issue.

Self control is one of the issues and seems to be the one you want to focus on. I have said in my posts time and time again that Stevie way over reacted. However, a true management team will ask:

What happened? Stevie went on tilt.

Why did it happen? Mark and the rest don't really want to address this issue as it is clear they changed the rules after the tourney started and did not communicate this change to the players - Really poor management communication. The topic of open or closed for the streaming table should have been addressed in the players meeting which it was not - poor management preparation for the tourney.

And finally what can be done to try to prevent a repeat of "What happened"? Simple! Learn from management's mistakes and don't repeat them next time.

Last edited:

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
Oh, and I left out the most important thing a good management team would do. They would quickly and DISCREETLY discuss the event with all involved to determine what happened, why it happened, and what to do to prevent it from repeating again instead of broadcasting the event to all within ear shot with the intent of saying "Hey this was a problem but we surely had nothing to do with it and we are mad as hell about it.".

Note that Ric, in his first post somehow (just by accident, of course) failed to mention that the streaming table was open for Stevie's first match but had no problem telling us all about the problem and how he, as the strong and great TD, would have prevented the problem from happening if only he had been there but he would surely be there next year.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I would guess that "management" had a few more concerns than finding two players out of a hundred or so milling around to mention what to most people is a minor detail. Those saying they should have may have a point but in the grand scheme of things going on at an event its not hard to see how or why it didnt happen.

My question is what is a more rational course of action when finding out about the situation?

1. Asking to speak to the TD quietly to see if some accommodation can be reached.

Or...

2. Insult people and go all drama queen.

As for bringing it up in public I can certainly see the point of view of those saying it shouldn't have happened. The thing is this type of shit happens all the time. 99% of the time it's swept under the rug and kept quiet out of a sense of not airing dirty laundry in public. I can completely understand someone who deals with it year in and year out finally just calling a spade a spade.

Bottom line is that no one involved from Stevie to Ric and his crew are bad guys. Sometimes things just go sideways, emotions run high and things get out of hand. IMO you try to learn from those events and take those lessons on board for the future. Most here have lost their shit at inopportune moments one time or another in the course of their lives. I know I have. When it happens it's a big smack in the face as to why its not a good thing to do. There are consequences when you screw up. I think thats all this is. Hopefully everyone involved can move forward a little wiser.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Jeeze, Justin, there you go making sense again.

You know we can't have that in these forums....

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member

Mark griffin, CEO
CSI

His show and he wanted to be fair to everyone. Remember the golden rules kids. He who has the gold...makes the rules. Simple explanation that makes sense. Unlike some of the dribble I have read above.

Nick

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good post, I agree with what you said. On top of that, I'm bothered by the fact that there is a tournament director that feels the need to take someone that is normally professional, has a bad moment, and takes that moment and makes sure as many people as possible know about it. To me, that is quite petty and mean spirited. Others have said that he is a good TD, well, how would he like it if one of his mistakes was broadcast to as many as possible?

It's not bad enough that Stevie had a meltdown, but he feels the need to make sure everyone that missed it now knows about it??? And, I'm sure Stevie isn't the only one that got out of line with that many people there, so what is the TD real motive for wanting to trash Stevie??

I think he was. I was there, and never even heard anyone mention the coins, let alone blow up at others because of it.

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
His show and he wanted to be fair to everyone. Remember the golden rules kids. He who has the gold...makes the rules. Simple explanation that makes sense. Unlike some of the dribble I have read above.

Nick

No problem with that at all, Nick. I agree completely. Mark should be able to make any rule he wants. However, when, according to Justin, one minute he agrees to open the table and another minute (actually 20 minutes) he gets "religion" and closes the table, that can create a problem.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No problem with that at all, Nick. I agree completely. Mark should be able to make any rule he wants. However, when, according to Justin, one minute he agrees to open the table and another minute (actually 20 minutes) he gets "religion" and closes the table, that can create a problem.

A problem that can be handled many different ways.

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member

Mark griffin, CEO
CSI

I've always liked the way Mark signs his name and then includes his title just to be sure that the peons know who he is.