Nice Amboyna Burl Custom by Dindo Perez

nksmfamjp

Refugee...
Silver Member
Quick note: This will take me a few days to get it all written with pics, so please check back until this message is removed.

About a year ago, a fine az member named Dgem posted a Phillippine made cue on here for sale. It looked incredible. After some discussion, I realized this was a well made cue. I did what I could to check references and it all seemed to check out. We discussed details in about 20 emails, did the escrow process, and before I knew it, this amazing thing was in my hand!

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

The cue is a maple cored, Ebony base with Amboyna points and double veneers. It has a white 1/4 butt cap and white capped style 1/2 joint. It has 2 13mm shafts. Shaft taper in my opinion is a nice stiff hitting taper without the long 13mm section of Pro taper, but still it stays small enough for long enough to feel good. It has a rubber threaded bumper. Weight is 20oz. It is a real beauty. The wood was incredible! Super sharp points, striking Amboyna Burl, great ebony(not just black as night, but with some grain and color variation) I still have to find or take some more better pics. It is tough to explain, but actual is about 10 times nicer than the pics. My daughter looked at the handle her first time and said, "That is my new favorite color." Mine too.

If it has any negative at all, that would be that the ring work is not a good thickness match between shafts and/or to the butt. Even hand made, it slightly exceeds what I would expect. I'm sure dgem would fix it today if I asked, but I won't as it doesn't bother me, and it doesn't affect play.

but, I had to ask, how does it play? In my opinion, it is all I can ask for in a player. Nice solid player. Stiff shaft. Nice taper. It came with pressed Elkmasters, and they hit well, but had kind of a muted feedback. I changed to my favorite Wizards and they brought the hit out in this cue for me.

BTW, I have been playing with it for about a year now and it still plays as well today as day 1. It is still straight as an arrow.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
quick note: This will take me a few days to get it all written with pics, so please check back until this message is removed.

About a year ago, a fine az member named dgem posted a phillippine made cue on here for sale. It looked incredible. After some discussion, i realized this was a well made cue. I did what i could to check references and it all seemed to check out. We discussed details in about 20 emails, did the escrow process, and before i knew it, this amazing thing was in my hand!

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

the cue is a maple cored, ebony base with amboyna points and double veneers. It has a white 1/4 butt cap and white capped style 1/2 joint. It has 2 13mm shafts. Shaft taper in my opinion is a nice stiff hitting taper without the long 13mm section of pro taper, but still it stays small enough for long enough to feel good. It has a rubber threaded bumper. Weight is 20oz. It is a real beauty. The wood was incredible! Super sharp points, striking amboyna burl, great ebony(not just black as night, but with some grain and color variation) i still have to find or take some more better pics. It is tough to explain, but actual is about 10 times nicer than the pics. My daughter looked at the handle her first time and said, "that is my new favorite color." mine too.

If it has any negative at all, that would be that the ring work is not a good thickness match between shafts and/or to the butt. Even hand made, it slightly exceeds what i would expect. I'm sure dgem would fix it today if i asked, but i won't as it doesn't bother me, and it doesn't affect play.

But, i had to ask, how does it play? In my opinion, it is all i can ask for in a player. Nice solid player. Stiff shaft. Nice taper. It came with pressed elkmasters, and they hit well, but had kind of a muted feedback. I changed to my favorite wizards and they brought the hit out in this cue for me.

Btw, i have been playing with it for about a year now and it still plays as well today as day 1. It is still straight as an arrow.

beautiful------

nksmfamjp

Refugee...
Silver Member
I'm almost in year 2 with this thing and still very happy with it. It is still straight as an arrow. I have shot with some other cues recently which made me think this thing is less stiff than I thought. Still, I don't want to change.

Falcon Eddie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great looking cue. I bought two Dindo cues . Don't know how yours got pass me. lol.. It would be at my house now

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Cue

A really unique looking cue. I like it a lot. I just love Amboyna Burl, a beautiful wood.

nksmfamjp

Refugee...
Silver Member
Cue still plays great and is straight. Now, straight is normally hard in one location, but this cue has been from OH USA to Japan and back. It has seen the full range of humidity and temperatures. I have never seen a roll in it.

I always trust this cue to hit the balls right!:thumbup: