Team Canada vs Team USA

vpbb123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
teamcanada.jpg

Nathan is back and the HD Version of the Team Canada Vs Team USA match is up! It is posted at www.playbonusball.com

Also you can see the Johnny Archer vs Jason Klatt battle! Enjoy everyone!

Last edited:

vpbb123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a meeting with Larry tomorrow and I hope to get the finalized rosters by then!

Chicago Rockets have a facebook page: Rodney Morris, Raj Hundal and Mika Immonen.

Atlanta Scorpions: Johnny Archer, Shannon Daulton and Dennis Hatch.

Toronto Blue Sharks: Jason Klatt, John Morra and Erik Hjorleifson

I will get the rest of the rosters ASAP.

vpbb123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Team Canada vs Team USA is up! Check it out at www.playbonusball.com

This is the match that we presented as a television concept. They loved it and we have made an impression. Of course, these were just pilots and Nathan will be refining everything but it won't be long and we will have some WPBL matches on television. In the mean time, we will be offering PPV of all WPBL regular season matches. This will be exciting to finally cheer for a professional pool team! Enjoy the FREE PREVIEW!

This video is in 780p mp4 format. Some slow connections and older computers may struggle with video speeds. If so, leave the video small. If you still are struggling, you need a newer computer! All WPBL matches will be televised in HD.

Last edited:

vpbb123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is Pagulayan in the team canada?

Alex wanted to play and was excited in Chesapeake last year when Larry first announced the league. We would love to have him but as of today, no Alex is not participating in year one.

vpbb123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have talked about using a 10' table. The table in the video is not a 10' table. It was decided because the nature of the game being as difficult as it is, a 10' table may not be necessary at this time. You can also see that the grey cloth makes this table look larger than if it was a darker color. The league starts off with 4.5 x 9 tables. www.playbonusball.com

teamcanada.jpg

Last edited:

JimmyWhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an awesome production. I see a lot of future in it.

Some remarks: When the camera view changes, and you can see the player shooting towards the pocket, most of the time the pocket is blocked by the scores which are displayed in the bottom of the screen. For example, when Rodney shot a break shot in his doubles match, he almost scratched in the corner pocket. We never saw it, as the score at the bottom of the screen blocked the pocket. I think that the scores must be shown only when the camera view displays an overhead view.

Also regarding the score display at the bottom: You should put the corresponding stars beside each team name. I sometimes forgot which team was shooting at which pockets.

I think it is a very good effort to make the game more popular. The girls, the clock, the jerseys... (yeah, I like them, shoot me :grin:) loved the last bank by Corey just before the time expired, (amazing moment, even a non-pool fan would have been excited by that!) Johnny's fist bumps with the girls, and Hjorleifson played good. (gives us hope to us who started playing pool after our teen years :wink:)

Keep going guys, this might work!

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
This is an awesome production. I see a lot of future in it.

Thanks for the feedback.

When I filmed this promo, I didnt have the ability to super impose the graphical overlays onto the preview monitors of the camera operators. As such some of the framing didnt work out as well as intended.

This issue has since been addressed, and we've solved it. Expect improvements. :)

The pocket designation has also been solved. The home team will have white based jerseys and white pocket covers, while the away team will have black based jerseys and black pocket covers. The colors will also be reflected in the graphical overlays as you suggested.

Thanks again!

PS. If you have more criticism, please send it to me via PM. You have a good eye for this stuff, so I'd be curious to hear more if you're interested.

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From a production stand point, I have not seen mention of coloring the spots.

I feel the spots, head, foot and center, need to be colored corresponding to the ball which is spotted there.

I forget which ball gets spotted where. It is also crucial for the players to remember this as to not play position on the wrong spot when their next color ball is not on the table.

I am still running through the full version, but I definitely like it.

Keep up the hard work!

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
What is with them saying Erik just started playing a few years ago on the commentary? That is complete BS, he has played for many, many years. I saw him playing in events in Calgary a decade ago and he was already a very accomplished player.

Creating "interest" with complete BS is not the way to do things.

He "just" started playing a couple years ago, but he got 9th in the Reno Open in 2002, 9th in the US Open 9-ball in 2004, played in the world 9-ball championships in 2005, but that was all before he actually "started playing the game".

http://www.azbilliards.com/thepros/2000showplayer2002.php?playernum=2412

Last edited:

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
Please note that there are audio problems in games 3 & 4. The one commentary mic cuts in and out. This is to be fixed when I get more time.

do you plan to make a lower rez available for viewing. I don't have enough bandwith to support HD.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
do you plan to make a lower rez available for viewing. I don't have enough bandwith to support HD.

I wasn't in charge of making that decision, but will do my best to resolve it. The new website is about to go up probably Friday, and I'll make sure there are multiple resolutions available. Probably 360p, 480p, and 720p, and maybe even a 240p version for mobile. I'll know more once I talk to Larry tonight.

Creating "interest" with complete BS is not the way to do things.

Clearly the commentator was misinformed, and even Stevie didn't clue in. If a mistake was made, then it's just that: a mistake. Try to keep in mind that it's a test promo, and not the end of the world. Providing constructive criticism would be more helpful than just making accusations.

Last edited:

vpbb123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nathan, the video looks awesome and plays great on my computer at 780P but we need to talk to Mike about making sure everyone gets to see a decent picture. I know that Bright Cove automatically adjusted to the computer somehow. It may depend on the player. I will email him about that right now. Also, HD is only what Nathan films it in. That is a television standard that is 1080P, I believe. This video is 780P compared the the Johnny Archer Vs Klatt video to the left of it, it is 480P. Many people now hook there computers to the televisions and 780P looks much better than 480P. I hope I got that all correct!

Poor Joe, the truth is, he never played or watched much pool in his life, he might have been told he just started as a pro a few years and misunderstood that. Funny Larry or Stevie didn't correct him but when the camera is rolling, it's a different world! Yes, Erik has been playing since he was young! I remember him beating me 7-1 in a nine ball match when I first started. LOL That was 10 years ago!

Wait until Joe has a month under his belt, he will be awesome. At least he did do a great job. As did Nathan and all the players. It will be a great show once everyone has some more time to hone their skills.

Last edited:

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
Table for announcers

I know it was mentioned once before, but the table needs to be such that the guy in the middle does not sit in front of the two people on the ends. Currently, it forces the two end guys to talk to each other behind the back of the guy in the middle. Not good.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
I know it was mentioned once before, but the table needs to be such that the guy in the middle does not sit in front of the two people on the ends. Currently, it forces the two end guys to talk to each other behind the back of the guy in the middle. Not good.

The table is actually stolen from the front reception lobby. It's temporary. Certainly a valid criticism though (and an absolutely accurate one at that).

Keep the constructive criticism coming. :)