One New Rule-Would it be good or bad

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
Your thoughts please. The one new rule is: Unless the player at the table calls a safe, the incoming player ALWAYS has the option of giving the shot back. For this thread absolutely no other rule changes please or the thread will go way off topic.

Last edited:

DrClean

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would call safe on every shot whether its an easy shot or not. that way if i make it i'll continue, and if i miss, no biggy cuz the incoming player no longer has the option.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would call safe on every shot whether its an easy shot or not. that way if i make it i'll continue, and if i miss, no biggy cuz the incoming player no longer has the option.

In the ACS and BCA leagues, if you call safe it is the opponents turn after your shot, regardless of if you make a ball or not, so your idea would not really work.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I all games? 8b? 9b/10b?

Sounds like it would make all rolls become bad rolls for the shooter, though occasionally a passback might work out for you.

Without being able to do a 2-way, I'd think most players will just be more cautious and defensive. Not inherently good or bad, just a different pace for games like 9b.

I can appreciate the idea of trying to take some luck out of a game. But a little luck does add spice. It might be "good" in terms of making the game more fair, but "bad" in terms of making it less fun, or slower paced.

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
My bad. Sorry. Part of the rule is if you call safe no ball that goes in counts. I think I created a bad thread on my own. :frown: