Nervous about 11.75 diameter or smaller

CT06010

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im currently looking at the OB CLASSIC +, OB PRO +, OR ULTIMATE WEAPON. What do you think of these three shafts? If you have others you would like to mention i will listen and check into them?? Ive read all the reviews just looking for updates. I currently play with a 12.50 diameter. I feel like i may just end up getting the ob classic plus because im nervous how much my game will change with a smaller diameter. What were the pros and cons of going to a smaller diameter shaft? Did your game change for the better or worse when you went to a smaller diameter?

Mike

Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
What kind of shaft are you using now, another LD or a standard maple and who made it on what kind of butt?

CT06010

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im playing with a meucci and a black dot shaft. 12.50 The hit is solid but a little too soft for my liking. Im currently changing the tip.

Last edited:

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
relax

Relax - the smaller shaft will improve your game. You will be able to stay in a smaller area of the cue ball (nearer center ball) and produce effective English. The shaft will be stiffer and more accurate. Go for it.

dgem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try the new ex pro by mezz or hp2 by mezz for 12.5. wx900 for 12mm. alpha shaft for 12.8mm

Imo they are the best shafts in the market today. :)

CT06010

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do you think the Mezz is better than the OB or are they comparable??

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i play with a 12.25mm shaft due to wear of the shaft and me "cleaning " it(ob1)
when i try a 12.75 or 13 mm shaft now it takes awhile to get used to the "fat " tip and where to aim to get the correct contact on the cue ball with the tip
the perception of where the tip is hitting the cue ball and where im aimed changes
when ive tried a 11.75tip except that it felt "skinny" i dint have as much problem adapting although from habit i went back to my playing shaft
hope this is helpfull

CT06010

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks alot for the info. I think im just gonna pull the trigger and go with a 11.75 or 12 depending on which shaft i choose.

CT06010

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like its just something im gonna have to get used to. Prolly gonna run to a local cue shop that have the OB and Mezz in stock. Most people around here dont carry meucci except a shop thats an hr drive. Might take the trip might not. Those are the three i want to look into though. Feedback you all gave me helped out alot. Appreciate the help!

CT06010

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like its just something im gonna have to get used to. Prolly gonna run to a local cue shop that have the OB and Mezz in stock. Most people around here dont carry meucci except a shop thats an hr drive. Might take the trip might not. Those are the three i want to look into though. Appreciate the help!

Catamount

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to play with a 12.5, and switched to 11.75. My experience was all positive. I got increased accuracy & cue ball control with very little adjustment needed.

The OB Pro+ is a great shaft, I highly recommend it. You might also consider a complete OB cue, if you can swing it. I have an OB129, and love it. The build quality is excellent, the balance is great, and it just flat out plays. I got mine on a Friday, and won $300 in a tournament on Saturday!

CT06010

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OB Pro+ is a great shaft, I highly recommend it. You might also consider a complete OB cue, if you can swing it. I have an OB129, and love it. The build quality is excellent, the balance is great, and it just flat out plays. I got mine on a Friday, and won $300 in a tournament on Saturday!

I thought about it..... Thanks for the info!

porper-sig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like its just something im gonna have to get used to. Prolly gonna run to a local cue shop that have the OB and Mezz in stock. Most people around here dont carry meucci except a shop thats an hr drive. Might take the trip might not. Those are the three i want to look into though. Feedback you all gave me helped out alot. Appreciate the help!

Any shop owner that has OB and Mezz knows the good stuff.. Those two brands are superb.