THE SILENCER HAS "COOLED IT"

T

THE SILENCER

you see, i have always felt, that a forum should be, just that, a forum, a place where all walks of life, funny, and dull can post together. i have been out of work for a month, and well----, i suppose, i've been on this here forum too much. my posts were bordering on the bazzare, but hey, that's no reason to hate me, i thought i'd share my warped sense of humour. i do love pool, and i'm quite good at it, if i must say so, myself, but every now and then, i just thought it would be good to "open a window" and let laughter in. hope i didn't hurt anyone's integrity, thanks, for clicking my threads, hope i make you laugh/think/react, good night. bernie in new york.

pooljunkie73

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bernie who cares what others think of your posts. Sure, some of them are pretty weird, but who cares. You bring up some good points in some of your posts. Whether we understand them at the time or not. :D

Kent Mc.

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HATE is gone, Brother poster!

Hey Bernie HATE is too harsh a word. I feel recently all the HATE has been gone from this board and the most diverse and interesting and yes "bizarre" posts have been popping up. I think it is great. And maybe you do have a strange unique sense of humor. But I think anyone who devotes himself to a life of pool must have one. Agreed?

I think its like a brother you might have who pumps up the volume on his music box when his favorite tune comes up. It might not be your cup of tea so you might ask him to turn the volume down. No offense meant. You are still a brother.

henho

I Beat Fidelshnitzer
Silver Member
I am the guy who originally posted the thread asking you to cool it. I did not mean to launch an attack on your personal integrity or a thought-provoking discourse on freedom of speech in America. You're free to do whatever you want. All I was saying was that your threads were literally occupying half the forum at times, sometimes they were good, sometimes they were not so good, and I will admit that I have the inclination to click on all threads I have not read before since sometimes the thread title does not do its contents justice. So I was asking you very explicitly to think twice before you post and/or condense some of your posts into one. Its a matter of common courtesy, and you certainly don't have to listen to me or anyone else. So thanks for cooling it if indeed you have.

I'm always surprised at the likelihood of drama cropping up on something as impersonal, mundande, and banal as an internet forum, where I usually seek information, not socialization.

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only problem I see is that when you start a lot of threads, the threads that are already on the board are relegated to the second page faster and not many people look at the second page that much. Other than that, I could care less. I put a thread up for Blud to look at and before he can get to it, it's on the second or third page; I might as well have not put it up.

Purdman

Banned
Silencer

That would be 89 posts in the last 7 days. 28 thread starters. Many of your starters are a result of your "sense of humor". You do bump many of us to the 2nd page with your sense of humor. I don't think anyone here wants you to leave or quit posting. I think most of us are serious about pool and not naked rackers or bumper pool or why you didn't read the directions or check out the web site for your quick kleen products. It just gets a little annoying at times. A lot of us work full time jobs and have limited time to check out AZ.
Couple that with the honey do's and kids and we got our hands full. Not to mention trying to get out and bang some balls around. I do hope you find gainful employment soon. I know what a drag that can be. Good luck and may the balls roll your way.
Don :cool:

Frank_Glenn

Old Retired Guy
Silver Member
henho said:
I'm always surprised at the likelihood of drama cropping up on something as impersonal, mundande, and banal as an internet forum, where I usually seek information, not socialization.

That's interesting, because some people come here for info and others strictly to socialize. Sort of like the pool hall. Some come to play, some to sweat the action, and some just to shoot the breeze. I think the conflict between info/social are where a lot of the "friction" or "drama" as you called it,of some of the flame fests comes from. I try to just ignore those that post what I am not interested in. YMMV

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there still flame throwing going on here? I'm sorry I must be missing those threads. Seems quite peaceful around here. Silencer, don't quit on us, we need people who truly love the game to help it grow. Sam

God

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell us bernie, how did you come up with the handle "Silencer"?

As a followup Q, why don't you capitalize the B in bernie?

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
God said:
Tell us bernie, how did you come up with the handle "Silencer"?

As a followup Q, why don't you capitalize the B in bernie?

If you are really God, you would know the answer to that question...LOL :D . having said that, how did you come up with the handle, "God" ?

T

THE SILENCER

most of the 63 tournaments i won, were in bars. i am only 5 foot 6 inches. most bars have people 6 feet or so, the music is pretty loud, and most people don't pay attention to me when i'm in the bar. then the tournament starts. eventually they tell me "i'm up, and i'm playing so and so on this table" i screw together my Mali M-14, and with all business attitude, i start to play.

the entire crowd usually goes completly silent in a matter of seconds. you could actually feel the air get thick, and ugly. people start to hate you as the cue ball comes to a perfect stop to make each shot simple. and i keep doing it over and over again. murmers of "who is this guy?" start floating through the air. "someone try to get him off the table" anyhow, i decided,to give myself the nickname "the silencer" because of this reason, i usually play so well, that a noisy bar comes to a halt, of silence when they see me shoot! and also, a lot of players give themselfs names that have to do with guns, the sniper, the gunslinger, the riffleman, etc.etc. as far as not capitolizing the b in bernie, i'm too lazy! i believe in capitolizing the headline of my thread, and any word in my thread i want to STICK OUT! ok, rack e'm.