Karen Corr Switched!

T

THE SILENCER

for the first time, a snooker player has switched from useing the open only snooker style, to the american closed style. karen corr, has switched to a closed style bridge 80% of the time. will fisher follow?

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
I saw Steve Davis trying that close bridge i forgot which tournament....weirdest looking close bridge i've ever seen well not the weirdest from a pro at least.

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gremlin

Look how level that cue is!!! Her basics appear flawless!!! :)

Gremlin said:
Hi Joseph Cues,

You see why I am going to have her instruct me in my stroke as soon as i get some time to make an appointment with her. The next game she uses the
closed bridge. A true great who can also use either hand.

Photo of the closed bridge. :D

Cheers,

Gremlin

Purdman

Banned
Gremlin

Hey buddy, nice pictures.
Have you ever seen somebody who has never picked up a cue use the stroke trainer with an instructor who knows how to teach the proper mechanics? I doubt they were made for experienced players. I think I would jump on the Limbsaver before I jumped on the Stroketrainer. At least the ST is made by one guy with a small business and not a large corporation.
I have seen it work. I also teach beginners. Any aid that helps one get where they want to, :cool: is a good one.
Your buddy, Don

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stroke trainer

Gremlin said:
jer9ball,

Answer nothing. Stroke trainer is a phony piece of junk.
Cheers,

Gremlin

I know of a couple of pretty good players who have gotten great benefit from it.

I have had not as much success with it. About all I can do is the part where your wrist touches the metal to make sure the stroke is straight. All of the rest of it, when I add the bridge and shooting a certain number of inches through those rubber bands, I get all flustered and actually do worse when I am doing it the natural way.

When I am down on the shot doing things as they naturally come to me, which is loose, just does not transfer to doing it on the stroke trainer and it is awkward. The people I know that have raved about this have a much more upright stance than I do and maybe that is part of it. Not sure.Or Maybe it is a personality thing. It is a cold piece of equipment and does not simulate real pool for me, even though it seems to be designed well. I would prefer myself using real balls and having my fundamentals videotaped.

JMHO

Laura

T

THE SILENCER

gremlin, correct me if i'm wrong but you will not find a picture of corr useing a closed bridge back in 1997, or 1998. this is something new for her. or am i incorrect?, i believe i'm correct.

rocky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
THE SILENCER said:
for the first time, a snooker player has switched from useing the open only snooker style, to the american closed style. karen corr, has switched to a closed style bridge 80% of the time. will fisher follow?

Allison, told me that she preffers a closed bridge but do to age and arthritic problems she switched to a open bridge.

Last edited:

Purdman

Banned
Gremlin said:
Hi Don,

You know me I would never argue with you. You are right if it helps one person then it is just fine. I am like that! I don't believe in gimmicks. My Sigel cues arrived today and my scorpion cues will arrive tomorrow.

I am going to put them on my table before I go to bed. If all the balls on the table are in the pockets when I wake up that will be the cue I use. Ha Ha Ha Ha :D

Your friend,

Gremlin

Grimlin, we ain't got no problems my friend. Never will. Sometime we may agree to disagree, that's how it should be. I don't like no yes men either. They arn't real friends.
Your friend, Don :cool:

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whitewolf said:
Take care Gremlin - I'm just having fun at your expense and I hope that when we meet AGAIN you will introduce yourself as the Gremlin instead of handing me that old pool instructor business card, pretending not to know who me or my wife are. :)

Regards, WW

HUH??? I feel cheated. Why didnt I get to meet Gremlin??? That is NOT fair :mad:

Laura

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gremlin said:
I play pool for recreation and support the Chesapeake Area Tour. I play pool for fun and I don't care about a stroke trainer or any other piece of pool junk. That's just what you should do whoop up on some students on the Falcon Tour. Just your speed! Now I've enjoyed myself at your expense. :D

Cheers,

Gremlin

Small world, GEEZ. This guy Ray met, who also lives in the DC area told Ray that he supports and promotes women's pool, takes their pictures at Falcon(now planet pool) and CAT events and puts them on the internet. from what he told Ray, he does offer some instruction help to those women in those tours that want it.

This guy offered to take my picture but Ray told him this was my first event and declined. LOL

I guess I live in a small world. I had never heard of anyone but you doing that and supporting women the way that you do, which always touched my heart. ;)

Laura

God

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought your post was going to reveal that Karen Corr likes men now. Shucks, turns out it's only about her bridge.

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
God

This isn't a nice thing for God to say! Besides, if you were God, you would have known.

God said:
I thought your post was going to reveal that Karen Corr likes men now. Shucks, turns out it's only about her bridge.

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gremlin said:
Laura,

It wasn't me! I have never met you! I have never been to a planet pool tour event. Again I don't know what you are talking about? Nick and Andy are the only two people I know of who take photos of the tour events and post them on there web site.

Who is Ray? :) Again this is idle gossip which reminds me of the CCB having nothing to do with the subject of the post. Trish, Eve, and Holly of the Chesapeake Area Tour are my references. That is all I need thank you.

Cheers,

Gremlin

I guess this came off topic because of that stroke trainer stuff and blah blah, I do not like that either, that piece of metal gets in my way, not that that has anything to do with the bridge of Karen.

Ray is Whitewolf. I just looked at the guy's name on the card and is says Roger. He told Ray/WW that he takes pics of the women at falcon and CAT but I did not meet him so would not know him, even if he passed right by me. Also when Ray said he offered to take my picture, I asked Ray if the guy had a camera with him and Ray said 'no, it must have been in his car'. This struck me as odd to say the least.

This is all getting silly. You are right about that. We had a long day with all of this moving stuff so it is nice to get on here and laugh, even if it is at me. :)

Laura

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will the real GOD please stand up!

Gremlin said:
God,

May I suggest you take a powder on this one. Maybe even go burn a bush or something. :p What a cheap shot!

Gremlin

Really, what an ungodly thing to say, but then I know who 'God', this poster really is and he sure ain't GOD :D

People posting as aliases rarely fool anyone who has been on the forums long enough to know everybody. I do not know why these people continue to engage in such silly behavior. ;) I just think the use of aliases (not other names which the person honestly reveals who they are but gaming) is so immature and rediculous, it is laughable.

BTW, on topic now, I think that karen is wonderful and open or closed, both bridges look great to me.

Laura

Last edited:

God

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gremlin said:
What a cheap shot! Gremlin
Sorry, but this issue is getting a little confusing. A lot of gay and lesbian couples in the USA and elsewhere have recently and very visibly requested, demanded, and or protested for the right to marry or have civil unions. Do these people want to have their lifestyle acknowledged and legally ratified or not? Is there something to be ashamed of with that lifestyle or not?

God

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bluewolf said:
I know who 'God', this poster really is and he sure ain't GOD :D
Do you know God, the universal 'God'? Apparently not. It is obvious from your writing. You have yet to realize who and what God is. Thats OK, though, keep working on it, your on the path.