Mark Gregory - Anniversary from the ground up!

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
For anyone who hasn't seen Mark Gregory's work....it's the immortal nuts!
Mark's tables play better than anything else I've ever seen, and you can see for yourself how great the work looks too - I'm always amazed at how much he raised the bar every time I see him. His newest projects actually had ME speechless for once. Lo l- and we all know what a challenge that is! Been down here with Mark this past week so got to see it first hand.

One Anniversary and light - both custom built from the ground up by Mark - before pics first and then finished. We set up the other day and I can verify.... Plays like it looks - jam up! Awesome work Mark!!!

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Aaaaaannnnd.....finished!! Marks taking orders for the next proud owners of his anniversaries and centennials. Give him a call to get on the list- 7705484292 or message Perfect Pocketz on facebook

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Gregory is without a doubt the best there is

If you look at this table you see why

With completely new walnut rails,better than the original

Thanks for showing it,Shane

Dean

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Would look reeeeal good where that centennial used to live! I'm at Mark's right now- he said thanks! When we set it up it went together so tight and perfect there was ZERO adjustments needed on the rails. Amazing work on this one- especially considering he built every inch of it except the original frame, castings and slate. Even that light was flawless- but he's already got a few ideas to improve. But the LED panels really completed everything. Absolute perfection.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Would look reeeeal good where that centennial used to live! I'm at Mark's right now- he said thanks! When we set it up it went together so tight and perfect there was ZERO adjustments needed on the rails. Amazing work on this one- especially considering he built every inch of it except the original frame, castings and slate. Even that light was flawless- but he's already got a few ideas to improve. But the LED panels really completed everything. Absolute perfection.

He does the best work .
The few tables I have played on which he did
Where the best playing gold crowns .

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would look reeeeal good where that centennial used to live! I'm at Mark's right now- he said thanks! When we set it up it went together so tight and perfect there was ZERO adjustments needed on the rails. QUOTE]

Cuephoric - Good to see you are working with Mark. Let me know when you can get to Reno or just give me a call or pm. I've about given up on the crazy lady's table, no sense throwing good money after bad, but I'm still hoping for your help on completing the recover job. It's 103F outside, but the shop AC and fans are on high and they keep the it pleasant inside. Thanks.
John Mustarde

His Boy Elroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This table is definately more handsome than a new Gold Crown. I've also read in these forums that it and the Centennial play just as well. Should I assume therefore, that in 1960 Brunswick decided they were too expensive, kept the playability, cut back on the expense by cutting back on the flashy looks, and came up with the Gold Crown?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This table is definately more handsome than a new Gold Crown. I've also read in these forums that it and the Centennial play just as well. Should I assume therefore, that in 1960 Brunswick decided they were too expensive, kept the playability, cut back on the expense by cutting back on the flashy looks, and came up with the Gold Crown?

I think the Gold Crown was just as well built..although I prefer the Deco look of an Anniversary.
....all the parts intermix.
Brunswick, when they brought out the GCs, were looking for a modern look.....
...their suggested table lighting was 8-foot fluorescent tubes all over the ceiling...
...used to give me a headache.....:angry:
...after playing for a while under those bright lights, I was ready to testify against my grandmother.

...been playing with a hat for years because of bright lights.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Uhhhh... no The Gold Crown was a 'fashion statement', plain and simple. the Cents and Anivs were considered dated at the time.

As for playability - every Gold Crown on planet Earth was a pale shadow of the previous generation.
Even the Sport King and Sportsman "starter" tables played better than GCs.

It is one of the many tragedies of pool that pool table design froze at the Gold Crown
instead of the Anniversary.

Dale

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
What are the orange battery packs for?

-

In a fluorescent lighting system, the ballast regulates the current to the lamps and provides sufficient voltage to start the lamps. Without a ballast to limit its current, a fluorescent lamp connected directly to a high voltage power source would rapidly and uncontrollably increase its current draw.

Rob.M