ATT: Dallas players.....

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I'm coming to Dallas/Lancaster, TX on September 16th-17th for a business thing. I'll be looking for a clean, non-smoking pool room to hit some balls in on Wednesday night the 16th.

Any local tourneys or players interested in some friendly games that night?

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm coming to Dallas/Lancaster, TX on September 16th-17th for a business thing. I'll be looking for a clean, non-smoking pool room to hit some balls in on Wednesday night the 16th.

Any local tourneys or players interested in some friendly games that night?

Think your in a bad spot , Lancaster is southern Dallas county , have a sister who lives there and i can't think of 1 pool room south of downtown Dallas , but i haven't been there in awhile , might have to go to Ft. Worth or Arlington , down Int. 20 , think the rooms there are on the south side of town . CJ'S old place off Gaston is a Mexican pool room now , it might be okay , everything else is on the north side of town and probably just as far as Ft. Worth and Arlingtom from Lancaster. Don't think Ft. Worth or Arlington have laws against smoking , Dallas does , might have to hit a bar. A room called Daddy's something might be close and probably non smoking , don't know if it is in Dallas or Richardson , off Coit road. If you take 45 from 20 , 45 north of downtown is US 75 , its a straight shot .

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I appreciate the info. I don't mind driving around town to find a good spot. Definitely not limiting myself to the south side of town.

Last edited:

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play out of Rack Daddy's, in Plano. It's on Coit Rd and looks about 45min from Lancaster. It's non-smoking. About a dozen 8.5 foot tables and six 9 foot. Full bar. No food but you can order delivery; they have menus.

The Billiard Den and Wizards are slightly closer, in Richardson. But are smoking.

There are several other Dallas pool hall threads you can search on AZ.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Bump.

I may have to take you up on that, Jeff. I didn't think it would be this difficult to find a nice, non-smoking room in that area.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Bump.

I may have to take you up on that, Jeff. I didn't think it would be this difficult to find a nice, non-smoking room in that area.
Anything in Dallas city limits is non smoking, which has hurt business a little. Your closest option is CK's at I-75 and Skillman. Good 9', but generally slow. Rack Daddy's and Fox and Hound are 20 mins. N. of there. All 3 non-smoking. Of the 3 Rack Daddy's has more players usually.

I guess CJ has not opened a place on the west side yet ?

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Which of those have the reputation for being a "pool player's" room? As opposed to a date-night/bangers hangout?

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
I did 3 9fts in rack daddy's earlier this year. They are separate from the league side. If you want better than average, alot of azb players, led panel lights, no smoking, and an enjoyable place- that's your best bet. Rustys arlington has a smoking and no smoking environment. Other than that.... Cks on Skillman is ok.and no smoking.
But be ready to be swamped with guys wanting weight whether they need it or not. Shady area too. Deanoc likes hanging out there though. Shrug.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I think I'm probably going to choose between Rack Daddy's and Rusty's.

Any more comments to help me choose between those 2?

I'd honestly like to meet some AZ'ers. Shoot some games. Shoot the $hit. Have some fun.

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go to Rusty's

Given your location I'd go to Rusty's in Arlington or Ft. Worth. I live around the corner from Rack Daddy's and still prefer driving across town to go to Rusty's. It's a traditional pool hall where Rack Daddy's is more of a bar by comparison. RD does have good tables but lacks the atmosphere of a pool room. Watch out for Joey Barnes at Rusty's. He's a strong local hustler. Nice guy, but make sure he gives you weight. Have fun!

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Bump.

Looks like I'm going to try to hit up Rusty's in Ft. Worth. Even tho I've heard it's a smoking room, it just sounds like more my style.

And I'm familiar with Joey Barnes. He'd have to give me LOTS of weight to reel me in. Watched him play live a couple of times. He's a monster.