Going to Portugal: Bacote and Maple Burl

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Hello,

Another Guerra cue out of the backlog going to Portugal: Bacote and Maple Burl. I hope you guys like it :)

c224eedadcfe5faaad4522da3b2381cc.jpg

ff83b7264cb2dc13d067c0fc02a34a5a.jpg

42cbbba7847b71ff33025dc441f3e1d4.jpg

489762f6c6eb7756e8106bf7fe83d86b.jpg

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hit

Bill Shick said that bacote is the best hitting wood that you can build a cue out of. But, he forgot to mention that it is beautiful enough to make your eyes drop straight out of their sockets... Superlative work. Can't say enough.

JC

Coos Cues
Beautiful cue. Is the bocote forearm cored? It seems like the most gorgeous looking pieces of bocote are the least stable.

JC

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Very very nice Cue but where is mine which you promised /swor 2 Month DELIVERED :boring2:
yes Bocote hits perfect :thumbup:

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Really fine ringwork and finish. Cue is very nice. Kinda expect it to be...your work is always top notch. Thanks again for sharing. Matt D.

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
Beautiful cue. Is the bocote forearm cored? It seems like the most gorgeous looking pieces of bocote are the least stable.
JC

Hi JC,

About 99% of my cues are cored. That bacote is cored too due to the twists in the wood.

Very very nice Cue but where is mine which you promised /swor 2 Month DELIVERED :boring2:
yes Bocote hits perfect :thumbup:

Your cue and Scott's is in the works. Yours I will be able to put it together in the next few weeks Ralph. Expect an email from me with updated pics or questions.
Thanks for all the compliments guys. More stuff to come...

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Hi JC,

About 99% of my cues are cored. That bacote is cored too due to the twists in the wood.

I figured that wood had to be cored. Which kind of nullifies all the comments on how good bocote hits. There's way more involved in that cue than the outer wood. The good hitting stand alone Bocote are the dense pieces without nearly the figure and beauty. The bocate in that cue is likely way lighter That cue as stunning as it is to look at, probably gets its hitting characteristics from deep within.

JC

Big Chris

windycitycueshow.com
Silver Member
Tony, I'm really glad to see you making cues again. It was a pleasure meeting you and seeing your cues at my cue show several years ago. Your cues played as good as they looked and they looked great. Keep up the great work and the high standards. Big Chris.

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
Tony, I'm really glad to see you making cues again. It was a pleasure meeting you and seeing your cues at my cue show several years ago. Your cues played as good as they looked and they looked great. Keep up the great work and the high standards. Big Chris.

I have some cool stuff coming up soon. I would love to see another show up there. Thanks for the kind comments.