Pre-Mosconi Cup Face Off- Johan v Marcus

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Testy exchange between these 2 captains moderated by Karl Boyes
Marcus says he is a captain not a coach.
If he can pick any from Team USA, he would pick Skyler
Johan says he would never leave out Albin and implies that Marcus has easy job after taking over from him.
Not that it means much but this one goes to Johan :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kXivJmqv9zM

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Johan says he would never leave out Albin and implies that Marcus has easy job after taking over from him.

Thanks for the link.
Seems genuine or clever marketing, either way cool debate.

Cuebuddy>>>would not want to play poker against Johan

Edit \> Carl does a good job as a facilitator, I'm starting to appreciate him.

Last edited:

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
IMO, clever marketing. Very entertaining. Thanks for the link.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When Karl asked Johan where the weakness was on team Europe I would've loved it if he'd just stared at Marcus and said "Leadership"...

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, Johan is intimidating. I’d love to have him captaining my local league team! :mad:)

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure this has been asked before but why is a foreigner the captain/coach of the American team?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

When I read the post title I thought you meant they were going to play a pool match.

Now that is something I'd love to see, before the Cup begins have the captains play a race to 7 as an exhibition, maybe with donations to raise money for a charity.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Huge mistake and a complete show of disrespect for Chamat to openly state he’d pick Sky over Shane. This can only serve to fuel Shane!

Last edited:

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huge mistake and a complete show of disrespect for Chamat to openly state he’d pick Sky over Shane. This can only serve to fuel Shane!

Considering his MC cup results? SVB = better player. Sky= better team. I think having Sky
on the team makes SVB better. Human chemistry is something that can take an ordinary
team and propel it to extraordinary. They have something special, you have MD advocates
here that think he deserves a spot, and I disagree, along with our captain. It comes down
to chemistry. We lacked that in the past, while getting beaten by it.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not saying it’s not a debatable as to which player you’d choose as a captains choice final match selection if it comes down to that. Obviously it depends on how well or poorly all the various players have played up to that point. I can almost guarantee you it would be Joshua Filler vs SVB. Perhaps Chamat is just trying trying to get in to Sky and Shane’s head by making this statement, to try to place more pressure on both of them.

I do certainly agree with Johann when he stated that he wouldn’t have left Ouschan off the team if it was up to him. Perhaps not quite as big a mistake as them leaving Filler off the team last year, but close to it.

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I’m not saying it’s not a debatable as to which player you’d choose as a captains choice final match selection if it comes down to that. Obviously it depends on how well or poorly all the various players have played up to that point. I can almost guarantee you it would be Joshua Filler vs SVB. Perhaps Chamat is just trying trying to get in to Sky and Shane’s head by making this statement, to try to place more pressure on both of them.

I do certainly agree with Johann when he stated that he wouldn’t have left Ouschan off the team if it was up to him. Perhaps not quite as big a mistake as them leaving Filler off the team last year, but close to it.

Albin of the oceans, a MC killer for sure. I’m glad he’s not there. Filler is a bada$$ and having both would be bad news. I like kaci a lot, I think of him as the European Billy Thorpe so perhaps those two cancel each other out. I haven’t watched a lot of kazakis but the times I’ve seen him have not been impressive, he must be doing awesome every single time I’m not watching though seeing how he’s always near the top, but as of now I like him being on the team. Shaw is a coin flip. And the MF’n terminator! This dude plays better with one eye than most of the world with 2..mad experience. He’s solid and I hope we win the lag when he’s playing.

I hope Justin holds up to the twin pressures of the shot clock and being a surprise 5th member. I think Shane will play very well this year, he lifted the curse last year and showed the most emotion I’ve ever seen from him. Skyler wood...bluegrass badass. Banking and knocking balls in with that nice Alex-esq stroke. Thorpe..boom. And Tyler just needs to hold it together, rosey cheeks and all just smooth stoke everything in and forget about the euro crowd.

The face off video was a little strange but.. I like johan with his serial killer demeanor and Marcus seeming like the fidgety scruffy guy. If those two duked it out, however, for the win I’d like our chances.

I hope one of our players yells out EXTENSION!! at least once when they take their extra time, beat the fans to the punch. It’d be hilarious.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great interview by Karl Boyes. I don't know who thought of this but it was terrific. I felt that it was real, a lot more than it was staged. These two guys were letting their true feelings and emotions show thanks to the probing by Boyes. Don't be fooled by Marcus and his more relaxed and humored approach. In case you didn't know Marcus Chamat was a real warrior on the pool table, taking down many big names in the course of his career, both in tournaments and in money games. There is a reason we called him Little Napoleon. He was a pool killer!

This is shaping up as possibly one of the most hotly contested MC's. I'm looking forward to this one big time!