Bonus Ball Stats We'd Like To See

Wags

2 pocket-one pocket table
Silver Member
I know that we are not the intended audience (once said by someone with a foot in their mouth), but I for one need more stats.

I think it beneficial to the WBPL and everyone for them to comb their library before it gets too big and put this plethora of information they have to use. The only need is to know what stats to look for and someone who is willing to watch the matches and check boxes.

I think those of us on AZ can certainly come up with varied and interesting stats we'd like to know. What are yours?

I'm sure the Bonus Ball guys would love to know. Maybe, just maybe we might be heard.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know which stats I'd like to see because I haven't followed too closely lately. But I do know part of their plan is to have fantasy leagues for BB fans. So they may have formulated the stats based on an upcoming fantasy league.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I agree about the need for stats. When I first started playing/following pool 18 months ago, I was amazed at the lack of baseball-like stats. What is SVB's record against Orcullo? Simple stat, but not available. Statistics get fans more involved in the sport...but pool doesn't seem to care about that.

If BB wants to cultivate and sports-oriented fan base it better get into stats real soon.

1) Team record against all teams
2) Team vs. team record
3) Each player's individual game record (including "vs. xxx-player")
4) Team game record
3) and 4) tell you if this team plays better individually or as a team
5) Average point run (team and individual)
6) High point run (team and individual)

Others?

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member

Wags

Silver Member
is this what people are looking for. It has I think what most people would look for

team standing http://wpbltv.com/rank/teams
player standings http://wpbltv.com/rank/teams

1) Team record against all teams
2) Each player's individual game record
3) Team game record
4) Average point run (team and individual)
5) High point run (team and individual)

Yes, those are very basic stats done in a pretty lame format. Thankyou for directing people to the site so they can see the limited statistics that BB is putting out.

I'm talking more of the play by play stats. Taken from my other post on BB:

• What is the game record for each team plus percentages?
  • What is the breakdown of the game record of 3 player, 2 player and 1 player games plus percentages?
  • How about opponents point run after an error. Then break that down into opponents run after an unforced error and forced error.

Those are just examples. Think of all the stats in Baseball. Football, Basketball, Golf etc that the commentators talk about and even the stats on trading cards are better thatn what the BBall boys are doing.

Thanks for you input.

1 Lone Wolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree !

It would be nice to see the stats of the individual and teams, I think this would help in a big way. Gary

Thepip

David
Silver Member
It would be nice to see sorry for directing to people to what is available right now. Who knows what the Future could bring give it some time.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
WPBL stats:

player standings http://wpbltv.com/rank/players

Yes, those are very basic stats done in a pretty lame format. Thankyou for directing people to the site so they can see the limited statistics that BB is putting out.

Think of all the stats in Baseball. Football, Basketball, Golf etc that the commentators talk about and even the stats on trading cards are better thatn what the BBall boys are doing.

This sort of thing never ceases to amaze me. Instead of "thanks for finally bringing live stats to pool and helping it catch up with other modern sports, could we also maybe see _insert requested stat_", you instead you write "those are pretty basic stats done in a lame format".

The program I wrote is aware of who's at the table shooting which ball automatically, and automatically calculates any stat we need live. No one runs it, as its an addon that monitors the scoreboard. I've opted to have it compute the 15 most important stats for now, and I've done this *on my own time*.

You're entitled to want as much as you like, but at least have the respect to ask nicely.

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As someone that is part of a "professional organization" you should respond in a professional manner instead of coming off like a holier than thou jackwagon even if someone is off base. Appreciate the fact that someone is actually watching Bonus Ball and cares enough to offer some constructive advise to better your product. Type up a response, read it, delete it and start over.

You're entitled to want as much as you like, but at least have the respect to ask nicely.

Last edited:

1 Lone Wolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok !

WPBL stats:

player standings http://wpbltv.com/rank/players

This sort of thing never ceases to amaze me. Instead of "thanks for finally bringing live stats to pool and helping it catch up with other modern sports, could we also maybe see _insert requested stat_", you instead you write "those are pretty basic stats done in a lame format".

The program I wrote is aware of who's at the table shooting which ball automatically, and automatically calculates any stat we need live. No one runs it, as its an addon that monitors the scoreboard. I've opted to have it compute the 15 most important stats for now, and I've done this *on my own time*.

Thanks for the reply Nathan, Hope all is well with BB. Gary

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree about the need for stats. When I first started playing/following pool 18 months ago, I was amazed at the lack of baseball-like stats
Others?

I wondered the same thing after 18 months of pool myself years ago(actually a little sooner for me), then one day it was explained to me.

this is not well written but you'll understand:

in real pool "Old School Pool" stats are not prevalent because back in the day people played for $$ off the radar. It was not smart for most people to be on the radar because it knocked action, only the very best players ccan fade being well known. So the pool culture from the beginning until recently(last 7-10) years was to lay low. Thats why old pictures are so rare. Leave the cue in the trunk and use a house cue was the way pool was played. So it will be a long time before that all changes, there is BIG action tonight (7-1-2013) on the east coast $15K set-That's all I will say about that, these guys didnt advertise it and I know of it, and the code of ethics is dont talk about action unless its your action. Change is slow and people just dont like their biz in the street. I was in $100/game 1P yesterday-I know for a fact someone who saqw me play will read this-they respect me and it ends there. Thats how pool works.

In BB which is "New Pool" I think the stats are cool and will be interesting as the data populates, will be fun to watch. I look forward to seeing the numbers.

thats the difference and I think its cool, new and old.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I wondered the same thing after 18 months of pool myself years ago(actually a little sooner for me), then one day it was explained to me.

this is not well written but you'll understand:

in real pool "Old School Pool" stats are not prevalent because back in the day people played for $$ off the radar. It was not smart for most people to be on the radar because it knocked action, only the very best players ccan fade being well known. So the pool culture from the beginning until recently(last 7-10) years was to lay low. Thats why old pictures are so rare. Leave the cue in the trunk and use a house cue was the way pool was played. So it will be a long time before that all changes, there is BIG action tonight (7-1-2013) on the east coast $15K set-That's all I will say about that, these guys didnt advertise it and I know of it, and the code of ethics is dont talk about action unless its your action. Change is slow and people just dont like their biz in the street. I was in $100/game 1P yesterday-I know for a fact someone who saqw me play will read this-they respect me and it ends there. Thats how pool works.

In BB which is "New Pool" I think the stats are cool and will be interesting as the data populates, will be fun to watch. I look forward to seeing the numbers.

thats the difference and I think its cool, new and old.

That was said from experience Fatboy. I'm not sure how many people that don't already have a feel for it, can absorb it. Pissing in the wind, or helping one person at a time? :eek:

Wags

Silver Member
This thread was not intended for the discussion of personalities or lack there of. I really didn't even want to know anything except what stats fan would like to see.

I have another thread going for the discussion of the stats http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=325432 that are posted on the WBPL website and will be happy to discuss why I think the stats they are showing are lame.

Since I know you are now watching, Mr. (sarcastic sign of respect) nathandumoulin, please consider and thankyou for putting out such a high level video product (serious sign of respect).

On Point:
How about all present and future stats broken down into the 3 categories of games; triples, doubles and singles.

Defensive shots attempted/defensive shots success

Difficult shots attempted/difficult shots completed

Kick shots attempted/Kick shot hits - broken down into 1, 2 and 3 or more rail categories

Opponents Avg. point run after a kick shot

Innings per game and avg. point run

There is a few to get started with and probably some that can't be programed. Anybody have more?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Since I know you are now watching, Mr. (sarcastic sign of respect) nathandumoulin, please consider and thankyou for putting out such a high level video product (serious sign of respect).

I got a chuckle out of that. :)

First check for a response: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=4242422&postcount=10

Secondly, some of these suggestions are good, and easy to program. The scoreboard only knows when a player is shooting, and what ball they're only, as well as if its a miss/foul/score. As such, it cant determine all those suggestions about kicking and whatnot. Doing that would required that the stat program be run manually, which given my minimal production crew, is unfortunately impossible.

Im up to my ears trying to do a million things already, and although Id like to add some of these suggested stats, its not realistic at the moment. I simply do not have enough time, and no one else I know is capable of making the required changes.

I will however refer back to this thread for season 2 when the opportunity arises.

Cheers.