Cleaning up around here

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
It never fails. You take a weekend away from the forums to play in an important event (Arizona State BCA State Championship) and everything goes to hell.

Larry gave me his word late last week that he was backing off on the flame wars (yet again) and I log in tonight to see that someone has (pocoloco) has decided it was necessary to curse out Busy Kitty on the forums.

Poco is now permanently banned and anyone who has posted under the same IP is also banned. I am almost certain that Poco is just another screen name used by one of our more verbal regulars and that regular has been banned for 2 weeks to allow him to slow down a little.

I do not want to receive emails from this user or any other user asking why I don't just let things be and let the forums go even further and further into the dumps.

To the user that was banned, consider this the final time I will go through this. I am about 90% sure you are posting under Pocoloco and I will not tolerate anyone being abused like you did in your post.

Mike

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike, you made the best decision for the good of the forum.
I would also support a permanent ban, instead of two weeks, but that is JMHO. Your the boss.

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike, I really enjoy this place. Thanks for helping cut down the trash talk. A difference of opinion is one thing but an out and out attack is another. Sam

God

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
It never fails. You take a weekend away from the forums to play in an important event and everything goes to hell.
Not so fast big guy, don't beat yourself up over this. Everything is going to be OK and your doing an OK job. Serenity Now.

AzHousePro said:
I log in tonight to see that pocoloco has decided to curse out Busy Kitty. Poco is now permanently banned
I can easily imagine how the likes of Busy Kitty could become the object of derision on a board like this, no shocker there. But if your telling us now that Busy Kitty has free reign to peddle her brand of self indulgent bias while saner minds and contrarian viewpoints are being banned, be advised I'll catch you later. I've got more interesting things to do than read Busy Kitty's brand of drivel unchecked, like rearrange my sock drawer.

Last edited:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
God said:
I can easily imagine how the likes of Busy Kitty could become the object of derision on a board like this, no shocker there. But if your telling us now that Busy Kitty has free reign to peddle her brand of self indulgent bias, while saner minds and contrarian viewers are being banned, be advised I'll catch you later. I've got more interesting things to do than read Busy Kitty's brand of drivel unchecked, like rearrange my sock drawer.

No, what I am saying is that no one can post attacks like the one that was posted towards Kitty over the weekend.

Mike

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
I use a program called "ipgate" on my sites and forums(not pool related). It makes banning easy. A person can change IP's, names, delete cookies, etc.. and they still can't get in from the same comp. You can set it to expire from 1 day - 1000 years. If you want more info mail me: realruthless01@yahoo.com

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
Mike.. you're taking too much time off... :D

Thanks for letting the forum know your reasons for your actions.

I, for one, appreciate your taking time to post this and taking action when you feel it is necessary.

Joseph Cues

Cue Nut
Silver Member
Thanks Mike. The flame wars here is getting ridiculous.
I hope more repeat offenders get banned.
Hopefully, that'll stop all flame wars.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
I do not want to receive emails from this user or any other user asking why I don't just let things be and let the forums go even further and further into the dumps.

Mike
Mike,

I shouldn't have to point out that there is an excessive amount of profanity on the boards as well. What is your position on profanity? This stuff is coming from the regulars too.

Chris

Wally in Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
It never fails. You take a weekend away from the forums to play in an important event (Arizona State BCA State Championship) and everything goes to hell.....

On to more important things....

How did you do in the tournament? :D

K

kckid1912@yahoo

Wally in Cincy said:

One thing is certain, the war needed to be stopped, those who kept it going and kept baiting and attacking should be candidates for removal as well.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I can see a small amount of this. After all, we are all used to spending a lot of time in pool rooms. But it can go to far. Please feel free to let me know when you see messages that look like it is out of hand.

Mike

TATE said:
Mike,

I shouldn't have to point out that there is an excessive amount of profanity on the boards as well. What is your position on profanity? This stuff is coming from the regulars too.

Chris

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
My team played in the team event. We took second place last season and felt good about our chances this year. Expecially when the team that has won it the past 2 years was knocked to the losers side in the first round.

We won our first one and then beat the team that beat our rivals.

However, in that match something strange happened. With us on the hill, I got ball in hand on a 3 ball out with the 8 basically hanging in the jaws. I had already won every game so far in that match and I quickly set up the shot to start the run. Ran the 2 balls before the 8 and got down and fired the 8 into the rail. This ball was virtually unmissable, but I found a way to do it. It could have been the waitress walking by when I pulled the trigger, it could have been me rushing the shot, it could have been almost anything, but I completely dogged the shot.

After that game, I fell completely apart. Started doubting every single shot I lined up. Late in the day on Sunday, I had almost an identical 8-ball and told myself that it was the same shot and sure enough, I dogged it again.

Needless to say, I am going to have to work this "doubt" thing out of my game in a hurry.

Mike

Wally in Cincy said:

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike, I can't stress enough how glad I am to see you taking action on this issue. Hopefully your actions will send a message out to those involved in the flame wars that their behavior won't be tolerated.

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
I can see a small amount of this. After all, we are all used to spending a lot of time in pool rooms. But it can go to far. Please feel free to let me know when you see messages that look like it is out of hand.

Mike

See I can see this too. Even with the flames, there is a big difference between disaggreements, bantaring and when things really go to the gutter.

I think it is also possible to have over moderation, which I have seen happen in other forum resulting in things getting kind of boring.

I see you, Mike, as trying to keep out most of the nastiness without taking out the personality of the group. Walking with a light stick.

Laura ;)