Potential Fraud - Caveat Emptor

Pizza Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take a look at this eBay listing and those featured at the bottom of the page by the same seller (hynguye0)...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Mad...a=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

The linked to listing is a Tad Cue and of the pictures at the bottom of the page I recognize a Tim Scruggs cue and while I recognize some of the other designs, I can't recollect the makers - but definitely well known custom makers.

If you look at the feedback history all but one comment is over 90 days old and doesn't show. The one that does says that the item was never delivered.

Not sure what this seller's game is, but it can't be legit. Ebay makes reporting these kinds of things awfully hard unless you have actually been defrauded. I'd like to hear if the board thinks I am correct in assuming this is some kind of con.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read the other thread too, but yeah it's ebay. I once paid $400 for a Nikon lens that showed up at my door as a lens filter floating around in a Fuji body... literally nothing else, not a single element. By, the price reflected it was too good to be true, yet I but the bullet anyways.

Similar to my Nikon story above, I'd have to imagine that the people buying these are pool players, because at that price you would have to have some knowledge of the brand and think it's a great deal, else that price is too high for random people to buy them.

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I once sold an item that was in mint condition and the buyer opened a return then stated 7 things that were wrong with it then sent me back an empty box. I called Ebay about it twice and reported it 5 times via the site and 2-3 years later the buyer still hasn't been terminated and I seen fdbk that he did the same thing to other sellers and I talked to them and they reported it showing a clear pattern of behavior yet nothing has ever been done about it. Why keep an item if it has 7 defects? And I knew the box was empty because of the weight and nothing moved when I shook it but Ebay tried to trick me into opening it twice to remove any evidence.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take a look at this eBay listing and those featured at the bottom of the page by the same seller (hynguye0)...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Mad...a=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

The linked to listing is a Tad Cue and of the pictures at the bottom of the page I recognize a Tim Scruggs cue and while I recognize some of the other designs, I can't recollect the makers - but definitely well known custom makers.

If you look at the feedback history all but one comment is over 90 days old and doesn't show. The one that does says that the item was never delivered.

Not sure what this seller's game is, but it can't be legit. Ebay makes reporting these kinds of things awfully hard unless you have actually been defrauded. I'd like to hear if the board thinks I am correct in assuming this is some kind of con.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Westerners on the net coming across third world business practices lol. You just have to consider the source.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same here. It worth the loss or agg

The location is in PI, the same place you can't send anything valuable to without hiding it from the postal workers. Ebay doesn't seem to care, so you just have to consider 3 things 1. Location 2. Location 3. Loc...you get the idea.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I buy and sell tons of stuff on ebay craigslist and marketplace , had a couple of small problems which were easily resolved.
One guy complained about an item and I said it back i will refund all your money and shipping , never heard from him again.
many people have thrown in extra items and went way out of their way to make things right.
I guess it's the luck of the draw.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The seller isn't selling a Tad or Scruggs.

He is selling custom made cues.

He never mentions Tad or Scurggs.

I don't know what you are reading into.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The seller isn't selling a Tad or Scruggs.

He is selling custom made cues.

He never mentions Tad or Scurggs.

I don't know what you are reading into.

He's using images of Tads and other custom cues to advertise
his own cues.. not cool, and fraudulent in the U.S.
= bullshenanigans