The SPF National Pool School Tour

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm launching the SPF National Pool School Tour in two weeks. Everything you ever wanted to learn about pool, over 4 eight hour days. Presented by Predator, and featuring Revo Cues, these 4-day pool schools will be held at prominent poolrooms across the United States. 12 tour stops, 12 poolrooms, 12 cities, 12 states. Tour Stops will occur the same week and month at each participating room for a minimum of 3 subsequent years. This is innovative teaching at it's best. 1-1 instruction from the best teachers in the country, including the 2018 and 2019 PBIA Instructors of the Year, and the opportunity to try out the Predator Revo...revolutionary technology! High Tech Teaching meets High Tech Equipment!

SPF National Pool School Tour Stop #1 happens in two weeks at the brand new Golden Fleece Billiards in Everett WA (9/26-9/29) Tour stops are limited to 8 students. One-on-one instruction with PBIA/SPF Master Instructors (students will have a different instructor each day to provide different input). Revo cues will be available to use during school. All students will receive a $250 discount coupon from Predator. to purchase a Revo cue, if desired.

The SPF National Pool School Tour Stop #2 will be Oct. 21-24 at the hot new room in Chicago, Surge Billiards & Coffee Bar!

The SPF National Pool School Tour Stop #3 will be Nov. 11-14, at Jamaica Joes in Oklahoma City.

The SPF National Pool School Tour Stop #4 will be Dec. 12-15, at Brewlands in Tampa FL.

Anyone wishing to attend a school, or get more information can contact me directly via email at poolology@aol.com, or phone/text at 773-551-7473.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes...one in the Bay Area next summer.

Here's a list of tour stops, with a couple of tentatives...

I've been working on it for the past 3 years, The Schools feature Revo cues, with demos for the students to play with during school, and every paid tuition comes with a $250 Coupon from Predator. Schools will feature the top PBIA/SPF master instructors in the the country...among them, myself, Randy Goettlicher, Mark Finkelstein, Lance Cowles, Denny Stewart, Tom Seymour, Tommy Hill, Steve Jennings, Jim Baker, Carl Oswald, Brad Hornshaw, and several others. The format is one to one, and instructors changes students each day, so that the students get the perspective of several different master insturctors. Definitely a unique concept, and a win-win for everybody. There will a pool school the same week, same month, same poolroom for the next 3 years.

Here's what I have so far...

Sept 26-29, Golden Fleece Billiards, Everett WA
Oct. 21-24, Surge Billiards, Chicago IL
Nov. 11-14, Jamaica Joe's, Okla City OK
Dec. 12-15, Brewlands, Tampa FL
Jan. 16-19, Bullshooters, Phoenix AZ (tent.)
Feb. 20-23, Rack Em Pub & Billiards, Matthews NC
Mar. 26-29, Big Dog Billiards, Des Moines IA (tent.)
Apr. 23-26, Fat Albert's Billiards, Somerdale NJ
May 14-17, Fargo Billiards, Fargo ND
Jun. 11-14, New England TBD
Jul. 9-12, Bay Area CA TBD
Aug. 13-16 Shooters, Burnsville MN

All schools will be filled at 8 students and 8 instructors. All schools still have availability, including Everett WA. If you're interested in any school, please let me know asap, as they are already filling rapidly. Thanks for your interest!

Scott Lee
773-551-7473
Hello,
Will there be any Tour Stops in California?

Last edited:

lastdimetaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool School

Two weeks ago I gave my eleven year old grandson a pool lesson. He was like a sponge, soaked up everything. I am not writing this post to brag about my grandson I want to acknowledge that the things I learned in pool school allowed me to instruct him in a way that I could have never done before. SPF family tradition. I passed down family secrets. I never felt so good about pool in my life. Pool gives us direction, we have talked about Mark Wilson and college.
EVERYTHING I put into pool for the last 15 years paid off in a 45 min lesson, I watched my grandson stroke the cue ball set, pause, finish, then he froze and as the cue ball came back to his tip, he raised up still in his finish position then fell back to the table till the cue ball came to a stop. He learned how to be still.
I asked him what is the most important thing in pool that everything else we learn revolves around and he didn't hesitate when he answered The Stroke..
Thank you Randy G,
Thank you Scott Lee
My 4 year old granddaughter is running around the house going 123 doing air strokes because her brother has the responsibility to help her with her game.
Players always ask what did I learn from pool school?
I learned I have a lot to Learn.
I think the SPF pool school tour is great. Good luck...
Thank you million times over...

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Scott, thank you for organizing this. This is top shelf. I appreciate your comments on the other thread as well but wanted to bump this one. This tour is the first I've seen of it's kind in pool. We all bemoan other countries having better training programs, but from what I can see you are literally bringing world class instruction to peoples' door steps!

What I'm doing is a little different and on a much smaller scale, I don't want anyone to pass up on this type of opportunity. I've personally learned some important things from Scott just in phone conversations, how strong is that?!?

Bottom line, this is a gauntlet thrown down in challenge against anyone that hasn't seen visible improvement in the last 2-3 years. If you think you have reached your limits, that you don't have it in you, or that great pool is for other people that don't have jobs or families, think again. It's there for anyone with the courage to continue to take steps in that direction.

Scott, I'll be in touch about the Minneapolis stop. I haven't been stagnant and have a clear path I'm following, but I'd be foolish to not answer the door when opportunity knocks!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Scott, where you in the 1970's when I was learning the game?

OK, seriously, this is a wonderful development in our sport and a fantastic opportunity for those who wish to learn to play and improve at pool.

I hope developing players make the most of the opportunity with which you are presenting them.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
SPF Pool School at Chicago's Surge October 21st-24th

To our Chicago players and students:

I just confirmed with Scott that he'll be bringing his SPF National Pool School to Chicago's Surge Coffee Bar and Billiards for four days of daylong lessons in October (Mon-Thu, October 21-24, 8am-5pm).

The plan is to have one nationally recognized instructor (Scott, Randy G and others) per student for four intensive 9-hour days. Can't wait to get tuned up and get on the pro tour!

Hope to see lots of you there,

pj
chgo

P.S. I'm just the messenger. Contact Scott or Randy for more specifics or to sign up for school.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Pool School Tour is a fabulous offering. To those going you are doing yourselves a great service. Scott Lee and company are people you should know.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No hidden price...This is an innovative style of teaching, never offered before on a national basis. Teacher/student ratio is 1-1, with students changing instructors each day, to get multi-faceted, input from several of the top professional instructors in the country, including the 2018 & 2019 PBIA Instructors of the Year. In this school we will cover all three sides of the game...physical, mental and psychological. You'll get extensive video analysis of your stroke. You will learn how to create your own perfect stroke; how to quickly ingrain that knowledge; and diagnostic tools to help you "fix" something right now, in one shot, when the wheels fall off (as they sometimes do for all of us). You'll learn several aiming systems, and several banking and kicking systems. Your break will improve 50% immediately with one trick we'll teach you! You'll learn your own Personal Eye Pattern (PEP), which will drastically improve your overall success rate pocketing. We'll teach you how to achieve speed control on any table in a couple of minutes. There are many more workshops. All students have their own 80 page notebook, with all information being covered over the 4 days...which you'll take home and practice from. Tuition for the 4-day, 32 hour school is $1999 (USD). A 25% deposit ($500) is required to hold a slot in school, as there are only 8 spots available. You may pay the deposit using a credit card or PayPal. All spots include a $250 coupon from Predator. Satisfaction is guaranteed, or your money back.

Scott Lee

Please excuse if I've missed this somewhere in the thread, has tuition been mentioned?
What's the cost?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is so cool lastdimetaker! Teaching the youth is not only our opportunity to pass on our knowledge, but also our responsibility! :thumbup:

Scott Lee

Two weeks ago I gave my eleven year old grandson a pool lesson. He was like a sponge, soaked up everything. I am not writing this post to brag about my grandson I want to acknowledge that the things I learned in pool school allowed me to instruct him in a way that I could have never done before. SPF family tradition. I passed down family secrets. I never felt so good about pool in my life. Pool gives us direction, we have talked about Mark Wilson and college.
EVERYTHING I put into pool for the last 15 years paid off in a 45 min lesson, I watched my grandson stroke the cue ball set, pause, finish, then he froze and as the cue ball came back to his tip, he raised up still in his finish position then fell back to the table till the cue ball came to a stop. He learned how to be still.
I asked him what is the most important thing in pool that everything else we learn revolves around and he didn't hesitate when he answered The Stroke..
Thank you Randy G,
Thank you Scott Lee
My 4 year old granddaughter is running around the house going 123 doing air strokes because her brother has the responsibility to help her with her game.
Players always ask what did I learn from pool school?
I learned I have a lot to Learn.
I think the SPF pool school tour is great. Good luck...
Thank you million times over...

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bumping this thread back to the front page. SPF National Pool School Tour Stop #1 begins next Thursday at the Golden Fleece in Everett WA.

Scott Lee

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a former touring professional player on both the PBT and the Camel Pro Tour ( 80's 90's ) I am currently a pool room owner and I am also an advanced level PBIA instructor. Not at all trying to boast simply laying out my credentials.
Scott lee is a close personal friend of mine and he is a world class instructor. unfortunately in this sport there are many people ready to shoot down the other guy for what they are doing. for all those who have spoken out negatively about Scott, The PBIA and / or Pool School shame on you. without people like scott promoting this sport pool would be dead. there are very few people trying to upgrade our sport like Scott is doing with his traveling pool school. this pool school may not be for everyone however it is guaranteed to improve you as a player if you can attend.
Scott keep up the good work brother you are doing a good thing.

Reactions: KRJ

JC

Coos Cues
I am a former touring professional player on both the PBT and the Camel Pro Tour ( 80's 90's ) I am currently a pool room owner and I am also an advanced level PBIA instructor. Not at all trying to boast simply laying out my credentials.
Scott lee is a close personal friend of mine and he is a world class instructor. unfortunately in this sport there are many people ready to shoot down the other guy for what they are doing. for all those who have spoken out negatively about Scott, The PBIA and / or Pool School shame on you. without people like scott promoting this sport pool would be dead. there are very few people trying to upgrade our sport like Scott is doing with his traveling pool school. this pool school may not be for everyone however it is guaranteed to improve you as a player if you can attend.
Scott keep up the good work brother you are doing a good thing.

Did I miss something here? I re read the entire thread and it's 100% positive and supportive.

Who are these many people you're scolding or spoke out negatively?

Seems like you're bringing hate and discontent to a thread lacking it completely.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Scott, if you ever want to try and set something up in our area I am sure I can set something up for you with a choice of 2 diff places! Keep rocking it Scott! I will be on IRB again in Jan, hope we can link up!

Trent from Toledo

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing at all here on AZ. It was on FB. Tommy Hill is just being supportive.

Scott Lee

Did I miss something here? I re read the entire thread and it's 100% positive and supportive.

Who are these many people you're scolding or spoke out negatively?

Seems like you're bringing hate and discontent to a thread lacking it completely.

Reactions: JC