RIP Donnie Wells, of Toledo

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/toledoblade/obituary.aspx?pid=185273256

w0010759-1_20170502.jpgx

Donnie was a great guy, outstanding player and everywhere exhibited a respectful
manner. A gentleman.

It is sad that someone with so much natural talent leaves us. I will miss him.

Donnie "Dwells" Wells

Donnie Wells, 37, of Oregon, Ohio passed away on April 29, 2017 at St. Vincent's
Mercy Medical Center. He was born on August 30, 1979, in Oregon, Ohio to Kenneth
J. and Gayle (Binkley) Wells Sr. Donnie was a graduate of Clay High School. He
worked as a machinist repairman with Fischer Tool and Die Corp for 6 years. In his
spare time he enjoyed practicing Kung Fu. Donnie was a champion Billiards player
placing 2ed in the A.P.A. National tournament at the age of 12. Among his
accomplishments, his two children were his greatest and will miss him the most.

Donnie is survived by his children, Christopher and Gayle Wells; father; siblings,
Kenneth J. Wells Jr. and Sherrie (Sam) Henneman; fiancée, Amanda Bell; and many
aunts, uncles and friends. He was preceded in death by his mother.

Family and friends may visit the Freck Funeral Chapel, 1155 S. Wynn Rd. in Oregon
on Thursday, May 4, 2017 from 3-8 p.m. where services will be held at 7 p.m. that
evening. Burial will be private. Memorial contributions are asked to go to his family

www.freckchapel.com
Published in Toledo Blade on May 3, 2017

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/toledoblade/obituary.aspx?pid=185273256

w0010759-1_20170502.jpgx

Donnie was a great guy, outstanding player and everywhere exhibited a respectful
manner. A gentleman.

Donnie "Dwells" Wells

Donnie Wells, 37, of Oregon, Ohio passed away on April 29, 2017 at St. Vincent's
Mercy Medical Center. He was born on August 30, 1979, in Oregon, Ohio to Kenneth
J. and Gayle (Binkley) Wells Sr. Donnie was a graduate of Clay High School. He
worked as a machinist repairman with Fischer Tool and Die Corp for 6 years. In his
spare time he enjoyed practicing Kung Fu. Donnie was a champion Billiards player
placing 2ed in the A.P.A. National tournament at the age of 12. Among his
accomplishments, his two children were his greatest and will miss him the most.

Donnie is survived by his children, Christopher and Gayle Wells; father; siblings,
Kenneth J. Wells Jr. and Sherrie (Sam) Henneman; fiancée, Amanda Bell; and many
aunts, uncles and friends. He was preceded in death by his mother.

Family and friends may visit the Freck Funeral Chapel, 1155 S. Wynn Rd. in Oregon
on Thursday, May 4, 2017 from 3-8 p.m. where services will be held at 7 p.m. that
evening. Burial will be private. Memorial contributions are asked to go to his family

www.freckchapel.com
Published in Toledo Blade on May 3, 2017

It is sad that someone with so much natural talent leaves us. I will miss him.

So sorry for your loss! Only 37 years old. May the angels surround his family and loved ones during this difficult time and bring them comfort. May he rest in eternal peace!

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rest

Rest in peace Donnie. Very sorry for his family and friends it is especially hard to lose someone who is that young.

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
Rest in peace Donnie. Very sorry for his family and friends it is especially hard to lose someone who is that young.

Wow, 37 yrs old! RIP brother! Condolences to his family and friends!

Does anyone know what happened? 37 yrs old is too young:(

The Milk Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad news my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I can remember Donnie hanging out at Glass City when I used to stop in. Played him several times during a couple year stretch. He usually came out on top, but was always a pleasure to play. This is a big loss for the Toledo pool community.

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member
Sad news my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I can remember Donnie
hanging out at Glass City when I used to stop in. Played him several times during a
couple year stretch. He usually came out on top, but was always a pleasure to play.
This is a big loss for the Toledo pool community.

Glass City is also where I met Donnie. A young man with a presence. There may
have been a few who could shoot straighter, but none with the entire package. The
last conversation I had with him was about a book I am writing. On and off for too
long. He gave me encouragement and said he looked forward to reading it.

Sadly Glass City Billiards is no more. It passed with Marty. I learned the basics about
pool and conduct at Glass City. I started at age 50. With a practice card, I would start
my day there and wear out the felt and balls and cue tip until dinner. Practice you
know.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I did not know Donny but I feel for those he left behind. May he rest in peace.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Truly sad, especially for being such a young man.
Thoughts, prayers, and condolences to the family
and friends.