Is this forum only about CTE?

phcore

Registered
There is a lot of great aim systems why everyone is focused on CTE? Let's talk about any new aim systems other than CTE and discover some things... Seriously i watch this forum for so long time and didn't learned anything new thats works for so long time...

Imotv8u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a lot of great aim systems why everyone is focused on CTE? Let's talk about any new aim systems other than CTE and discover some things... Seriously i watch this forum for so long time and didn't learned anything new thats works for so long time...[/

I think CTE has taken center stage for now on this forum.

JC

Coos Cues
CTE is a parasite that will not stop until it consumes the host.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Apparently this section of AZ billiards (the Aiming Forum) was created specifically for CTE because it stirred up too much controversy in the main forum. No other aiming system or aiming method prompts as many questionable or unreasonable things.

There have been many aiming threads that have nothing to do with CTE until a diehard cte user comes in and posts something like, "This is rediculous! All you need to know is 15, 30, and 45, and then pivot." Then the thread gets hijacked and becomes just another argument between those of us who question the existence of mysterious "phenomena" concerning CTE and those who staunchly defend it at all cost. Reasonable discussion disappears.

Pick any aiming system or method (except CTE) and the conversation tends to be more civil and more productive.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Pick any aiming system or method (except CTE) and the conversation tends to be more civil and more productive.
Until the CTE cultists show up - but it seems they've all been banned or warned off, so maybe there's a chance for real discussion now.

This place was only created as a firewall to keep the CTE nonsense out of the main forum - banishing discussion of aiming in general was just necessary collateral damage. Aiming (without CTE's flammability) is really too small a topic for its own forum.

pj
chgo

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Apparently this section of AZ billiards (the Aiming Forum) was created specifically for CTE because it stirred up too much controversy in the main forum. No other aiming system or aiming method prompts as many questionable or unreasonable things.

There have been many aiming threads that have nothing to do with CTE until a diehard cte user comes in and posts something like, "This is rediculous! All you need to know is 15, 30, and 45, and then pivot." Then the thread gets hijacked and becomes just another argument between those of us who question the existence of mysterious "phenomena" concerning CTE and those who staunchly defend it at all cost. Reasonable discussion disappears.

Bullshit.......Being called a troll just because someone, me, has a different opinion or view point is neither civil nor productive.

The real troublemakers are still here.......

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bullshit.......Being called a troll just because someone, me, has a different opinion or view point is neither civil nor productive.

The real troublemakers are still here.......

Brian was correct. This forum was created to keep the noise about Hal Houle out of the main forum.

If you say something like "aiming doesn't exit, only aligning (or whatever word you used) exists and I don't care what anybody has to say about it, it's my world" then you reap what you sow. If you present a strong opinion and someone else voices an opposite strong opinion that does not make them a troublemaker any more than it makes you a troll, although even you admitted you were trolling people with the "cue balls don't have edges" stuff.

You're not a troll and they're not troublemakers, m'kay?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This forum was created because it was impossible to have a civil discussion on any aspect of aiming without one particular faction causing a riot.

Next thing you knew the gendarmes had the rubber bullets, water cannons, and tear gas out. Everyone was corralled into this holding pen with watch-towers and barbed wire all around. Still, there would be assaults and fights in the exercise yard. You never knew when someone was going to come at you with a shive or bar of soap wrapped in a blanket.

Now one particular gang has been bused to a unknown facility and peace has returned to this particular correctional facility.

Lou Figueroa

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I was a gambling man I'd be taking bets that it won't be long before the furloughed inmates try to forcefully break back into the cell block.

BOXCAR

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I was a gambling man I'd be taking bets that it won't be long before the furloughed inmates try to forcefully break back into the cell block.

BOXCAR

I've noticed that they have been spotted in the last day or two in nearby neighborhoods so maybe you're right. On the other hand, cult leaders are generally very charismatic and usually gain 100% compliance among followers. We just don't know what orders, if any, have been given.

It would be too bad because the aiming forum has a chance to be a more normal place.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The High Mufti will issue a fatwa. Jihad will be planned under the cover of anonymity and digital darkness. When it comes, it will look like it did at Khobar Towers, an explosive packed Duece-and-a-half, guns ablazing, assholes, elbows and shoe soles.

There will be blood in the streets, but a new resolve will be born. The only way to crush maniacal zealots is with the most trusted offensive weapons system in our arsenal...THE IGNORE BUTTON. Nothing short of annihilation. Be prepared to MASH THE BUTTON! Anything less would be cowardice in the face of the enemy. Stout heart, Men, glory awaits.

Boxcar

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I've noticed that they have been spotted in the last day or two in nearby neighborhoods so maybe you're right. On the other hand, cult leaders are generally very charismatic and usually gain 100% compliance among followers. We just don't know what orders, if any, have been given.

It would be too bad because the aiming forum has a chance to be a more normal place.

Lol....Low500 has branched out! He is now bombarding my YouTube channel, spreading lies and falsehoods, anything to discredit non CTE aiming. It's really sad.

FYI.....I will be leaving for Vegas again this Friday, July 19th. Going to be there all next week. If anyone here will be there then It would be nice to meet up, maybe hit some balls at Griffs or wherever. Pete (low500), if you're going to be close you should definitely come and meet me. Bring your cue and some cash. We'll record our own "Truth Series" so everyone will know who is real and who is fake.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I saw one of his comments. I wouldn't allow obvious trolling comments to stand. I'd delete it.

I want it there. It shows his true character and lack of knowledge. Just about ayyone in the world that has purchased Poolology knows he is wrong, and I believe most people are smart enough to recognize trolling and false accusations when it comes to obvious things anyone on YouTube has access to. I don't like censorship, so if he wants to make an ass out of himself I'll let him.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want it there. It shows his true character and lack of knowledge. Just about ayyone in the world that has purchased Poolology knows he is wrong, and I believe most people are smart enough to recognize trolling and false accusations when it comes to obvious things anyone on YouTube has access to. I don't like censorship, so if he wants to make an ass out of himself I'll let him.

Well that's another way to handle it. If you think his comments are helpful then leave them up.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Well that's another way to handle it. If you think his comments are helpful then leave them up.

I think his comments are helpful as far as providing an obvious example of someone leaving negative comments based on absolutely nothing. He has no knowledge of the person (me) or the aiming method (Poolology) he is downing. It's the old political strategy..... when you can't beat your opponent with facts and logic, do all you can to discredit them, to make them look bad. Granted there are some that fall for this ploy, but the vast majority recognize true BS when they see it. If not, it's their loss for being so gullible.

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I havent posted in a while. I have used a few different aiming systems and realize each has to find what will work for themselves. That said i find it most amusing that some would dare question that cte really works. With so many run out videos now available and some great instructors using and teaching cte, resistance is futal. While i admit im not 100 percent proficient with cte, and sometimes revert back to other systems, it seems odd that many wil never admit they were wrong about thier complete fierce denial of cte. So its real simple....cte isnt the only aiming system but it can be very effective. But anyone who comes accross as a know it all is very annoying even if they are right. I like the attitude of less arguing and putting your money where your mouth is.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I havent posted in a while. I have used a few different aiming systems and realize each has to find what will work for themselves. That said i find it most amusing that some would dare question that cte really works. With so many run out videos now available and some great instructors using and teaching cte, resistance is futal. While i admit im not 100 percent proficient with cte, and sometimes revert back to other systems, it seems odd that many wil never admit they were wrong about thier complete fierce denial of cte. So its real simple....cte isnt the only aiming system but it can be very effective. But anyone who comes accross as a know it all is very annoying even if they are right. I like the attitude of less arguing and putting your money where your mouth is.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

I agree with a lot of this. But why is that some diehard cte players feel the need to attack others on a personal level, or step way outside the boundaries of normal behavior. Examples....

Spidey actually went through the trouble or time to find where I live. He pm'd me a picture of a Brian Crist from WV, a CEO of some company, and the guy was even a singer/guitar player in band. I told him it wasn't me, then a while later he sent a google earth screenshot of my house, so I guess he found the real me.

Low500 (aka "Pete Lowenstein") posted that he's seen me play guitar and that I was no good. Funny thing, my band hasn't played out (besides a couple of private parties) in nearly 2 years. There is no way he's seen me playing guitar, so I suspect he googled, as Spidey/Dave did, and found this other Brian Crist CEO guy, who apparently isn't much of a guitar player. Lol.

Now, recently, Low500/Pete has joined YouTube for the sole purpose of harassing me on my Poolology channel. I think it's funny, but also sad, how extreme these guys can become simply because I've questioned some things about CTE. I've never personally attacked the character of Stan Shuffett or any other CTE supporter here, only asked questions and made comments based on my experience with CTE. And some of those comments were positive/supportive. I can only assume these guys are just not good people. Either that or they are just two-faced, acting one way online and another way in person.

What they refuse to believe is that I am the same online as I am in person, but apparently Low500 thinks I'm a fake. He says he is willing to find me in Vegas next week to see if I can really play. I'm in favor of that plan, but I have to admit that I'm a little concerned that he may be mentally unstable. Guys like this take aiming pool balls a bit too seriously, when it really means so very little in the big picture of living a happy life.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He says he is willing to find me in Vegas next week to see if I can really play. I'm in favor of that plan, but I have to admit that I'm a little concerned that he may be mentally unstable. Guys like this take aiming pool balls a bit too seriously, when it really means so very little in the big picture of living a happy life.

Not to worry. "Pete" says a lot of things that arent' true. Here he is a few days ago.
JoeB.jpg

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The argument isn't the way you are describing it. The argument is that the CTE people claim that it works in a way that no other method works, and that it is totally objective. In reality, it cannot work as described because that violates the laws of physics. Some people do seem to be happy with it but reality is that they are learning to pocket balls by rote just like everybody else. It's not that complicated but the CTE people simply cannot accept that. They prefer to call it a "mystery that was never supposed to be."

Learn CTE if you want to, but at least you should be clear on what the system can do and what it can't.