Chris's Billiards

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm from Boston but every time I travel to Chicago I try to stop into Chris's. To me it is a good old school room. I was talking to one of the new owners, Buddy, recently and he told me they were getting new Diamond tables. They were planning to upgrade the room. They won't have them for a couple of weeks but it is going to be my first stop the next time I get to Chicago.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They just installed two Gabriel 3 cushion tables with a new heating system the other day. Pretty cool to see the new heat system it's supposed to cut the heating costs 50% per table. They are working hard to get Chris's back..

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan...Wow! The first serious changes to Chris's, almost since it opened almost 40 years ago! Diamonds and Gabriels...hot damn! I bet I've spent a couple thousand hrs in there, if I've spent one. I've taught many dozens of lessons in there, over the years, and played in too many tournaments to count! I'll in in Chicago in 3 weeks, and gonna have to stop by! Maybe we can hit some balls! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

They just installed two Gabriel 3 cushion tables with a new heating system the other day. Pretty cool to see the new heat system it's supposed to cut the heating costs 50% per table. They are working hard to get Chris's back..

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan...Wow! The first serious changes to Chris's, almost since it opened almost 40 years ago! Diamonds and Gabriels...hot damn! I bet I've spent a couple thousand hrs in there, if I've spent one. I've taught many dozens of lessons in there, over the years, and played in too many tournaments to count! I'll in in Chicago in 3 weeks, and gonna have to stop by! Maybe we can hit some balls! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Of course, then you can see my elbow not drop for a change!:wink:

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
It is a very nice room and the new owners are committed to bring the place back into prominence. And yes, they do have 8 new diamonds on the way. Buddy has worked at Chris's for 27 years. He is old school. Since I moved to the South Side it has been hard for me to play up there like I used to. I will make it a point to play in some of Buddy's tournaments tho.

Beard

ball-banger

I hate this damn game!
Silver Member
FYI.. The Diamonds they are getting are 7' tables. Buddy plans on getting a couple 9' Diamonds for their main action tables in the near future.

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI.. The Diamonds they are getting are 7' tables. Buddy plans on getting a couple 9' Diamonds for their main action tables in the near future.

Yep Buddy said they were getting ten smart tables for the back room with the thoughts of league use. They have plenty of 9' gold crowns anyway. Hopefully the long term plans will include a liquor license, bar and food. The BYOB isn't doing much for their bottom line except bringing some folks in to play pool and then they have to manage them for little or no profit.. He is running two tournaments on Sunday one starts at 12 or 1 and the next at 6pm ( I believe the hours are correct but call ahead) and again on Wednesday evenings at 8pm..

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
Much better room now

They've been painting the place, changing cloth, really stepping up on the maintenance over there. The weekly's are the best deal in town.

Great to see this happening!

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PAINT?? I hope they didn't get rid of the blue haze around the perimeter or the entire room starting about 54'' from the floor.